Why does he seem jealous if he's not my boyfriend?

This guy and I never dated, but we spoke for months. According to his social media, I found out he had a girlfriend. I confronted him about it and I'm not sure whether he was talking in reference to him and I or the girlfriend, but he said 'we've been messing around for a while now' and he kept persisting that I wouldn't mess up his relationship. We carried on speaking, he still continued to flirt with me and complimented my appearance saying I'm so sexy and I always look so good. But when we were talking, he would upload photos of him and his girlfriend. I kept telling him that we shouldn't speak and he never agreed to stop speaking. Something happened, and he found out through a friend of his and mine that I had been speaking 'harmlessly' to another guy, he lashed out at me and said 'your annoying me too much, your correct, we shouldn't speak bye'. I ignored him and didn't say anything. We stopped speaking for a little while, and then he got in contact with me again, I replied and it was only minimal talk and we haven't spoken since.
Why does he seem jealous if he's not my boyfriend?
Add Opinion