Would a relationship work out if someone is against spanking kids and other person is in favor of it?

For instance my older female cousin is the type that's the ''In my time'' crowd and she's very much in favor of it. A couple dates have been turned off by this.

Well I did heard her once saying that without spanking and the kids fearing that, they would grow up to even be delinquents or spoiled adults. That's always her excuse when she tries to explain why bullying at school and crimes have increased: ''Because they probably never got spanked''.

Personally, I'm against it and believe there are other ways. I don't believe you have to be necessarily be hit in your childhood in order to not go to jail or not to be bully. I would be turned off too if I were one of her dates. I think this must also be an incompatibility issue.
6
1