Did anyone else deal with irregular or non-classical bullying in their youth?

Has anyone else on here ever dealt with bullying that was not in the classic model of a stronger individual being a predator to a weaker one but instead were bullied by mobs of kids who targeted you for other reasons than being a weaker and easy victim than other kids? I spent my high school years in the isolated mountains near West Virginia where I was the only kid who wasn't a blood relative of everyone else in the area and there were only about 45 different families in the whole five county radius and even they were all related to each other somehow. As you most likely would have guessed my bullying didn't occur because I was weaker than the other kids ( I was actually a wrestler and a kickboxer while I was in high school, not your typical bullying victim.) but due to the fact that I was an outsider, and didn't understand their way of life. Everyone in the mountains had such a kill switch level of aggression that most of the boys in my school would carry and threaten each other with bladed or blunt weapons or sneak up on each other and smash the other boys in the crotch and run as a "joke"(there were no medal detectors). When I would get this type of treatment I would defend myself and everyone became enraged at me because I hurt him when he was only just ''joking'' or ''playing'' with me! Once I would pick and win a fair one-on-one after being subjected to this treatment, I was rarely ever given the opportunity to have one again. I was constantly being subjected to ambush violence much like a prison ''jumping''. Kids would constantly hit me in the crotch with brass knuckles and baseball bats and then run away like terrified rabbits the minute I raised my fists but then come back and immediately assault me again and again with an assault-run-assault-run-assault run pattern as a twisted game. I still feel pathetic to this day that I was vulnerable to this armed ambush treatment and all did in return was just the minimal amount of damage to try to make them stop
1
2