What makes people gossip out loud? Do you gossip out loud or have been a victim of it?

This girl in my school always talks about people whether she knows them or has them as a friend. My friends told me that she doesn't talk about people anymore and Is working on being nice but she still talks about me. For example on the first day of school I had weave and she said "watch those tracks fall out" and recently I had to wear my big coat because it's snowing outside, she doesn't wear big coats because it's not "cool" and she doesn't want to carry it around so she noticed that I was carrying mines and as she was talking to her friends she looked at me and said " Cause I don't want to carry my coat around like a DUMBASS". She has talked bad about me out loud more than once but these are the examples from this year the year that she's sopose to be "nice". Mind you that I don't know her personally so she has no reason to dislike me.
1
2