I can't make friends?

I've been at my current job for about 6 months now. I haven't made friends with anyone who I've exchanged numbers with or hung out outside of work. I'm at work a lot and my close friends don't live close by or have their own schedules. I would just like to have friends where I am at a majority of the time. I know you don't go to work to make friends but I can't make friends with someone unless they want to be friends. I have this issue wherever I go so it's bothering more than it should. I try to make small talk with a couple but I can never keep the convo going, or I say something and it doesn't keep the convo going. I've been very depressed because of my condition and I get torn between giving up on being friendly and smiling or to not waste another day where I can get out of my comfort zone and keep trying. I can't give up on wanting to be something that Im not because I know I can and I'm never happy sitting by myself or at home seeing other people have fun. Who would be? I'm taking meds, seeing a therapist, but I can never think of the right thing to say or to try to make a new friend.
I can't make friends?
Add Opinion