How would you know if a coworker was interested in you?

Anonymous
Now, I know that work relationships and dating and flirting are complicated things. It's best not to get involved. However, I'm here on an internship for 3 months, and I might or might not be coming back after that, but I'm definitely not a permanent employee.

There's this guy at another department though.. for starters, he's quite cute and he's new like me too. And we had this real awkward first meeting at the door where he was just staring at me and I was fumbling with the door handle. Anyway, there have been some instances of him staring at me when he passes my cubicle and holding my eye contact for long periods when we meet.

But at times, he just doesn't meet my eye, or he looks away quickly or he faces another direction when he passes my cubicle. Erm, I don't think I can do anything more than look, cause flirting or overt staring is too obvious, given my small office.

So how would I know?
1
1