Do you believe there is a God (s)?

Personally, I'm an atheist, but I'm curious what's the community's general beliefs.

• Yes!
    57%(16)54%(37)Vote51%(21)
  • No!
    25%(7)29%(20)Vote32%(13)
  • I believe there's something out there but don't believe it's a God.
    18%(5)17%(12)Vote17%(7)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• God is certainly real! Science has proven the Bible, God's Word, to be true countless times. Here are some examples :) :

-Isaiah 40:22 (proving the earth is round before it was discovered to be).

-Job 26:7 (proof that the earth floated in space before man discovered it).

-Lev 15:13 (before doctors discovered to wash their hands before and after procedures, the Bible had the answer).

-Lev. 17:11 (before man discovered the the cleaning agent of the body was blood, and realized that 'blood-letting' was not the most effective way in treating ailments, God had stated this in His Word.)

I hope this is helpful in your discussions and I'm glad to hear people questioning His existence! Whether this changes anybody's mind, or not, I'm glad people are open and receptive to different opinions :).

• Nothing against you. Gonna make counter arguments ok?

I don't believe the Bible specifies the earth was round, can be taken a lot of ways like it being a flat circle like even science believed it was.

Of course it says it's floating. The Bible says God created earth. He's definitely not gonna put it on his lap forever I'd hope.

So you really need a bible to know to wash your hands? Don't have much to had to that I'm sorry.

I'm pretty sure you can assume that people had that knowledge at the time. I mean it wasn't like people just had discovered animals. They had been eating those things for their whole lives, don't you think they'd figure out what they could do to treat their food better?

But hey that's my opinion you can and I appreciate the input :) thanks!

There is no way to prove God exists that's why I think agnosticism is just something we all have in common.

• Glad to see all the contributions to the convo 🙌🏼

• Sorry, got cut off at work. But the bible is very scientifically illiterate (which would be expected since scientifically illiterate persons wrote it.)

For example the entire creation account is scientifically innacurate. The earth starting off as water, light existing before the sun, plants existing before the sun, etc etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• i think some force created everything but i don't think its a guy in a robe that cares about our morality and if we're nice to each other, the universe is indifferent

• We yeah the universe doesn't give a sht but hey it is a lot more bearable to live with each other if were nice to each other xD

• Well whatever works am I right? Lol at the end of the day i was raised a Christian but I like questioning things and getting to the bottom of the question to find out an answer that satisfies me. The people that blindly follow their beliefs no question most things. They just say it was God's wish and off they go. That's the issue.

• thanks for mho!

What Girls Said 14

• You know like women have a G spot in their vaginas...
    well there is also a G spot located in the right parietal side of every ones brain.
    It's called the God spot, where Religion and Neuroscience meet in chaotic battles
    of good and evil; of instant gratification or instant glorification,
    (depending on what someone is doing), with splashes and hits of dopamine.

The God Spot is the place where the brain copes with neuroscience and neurotheology.
    Where the clashes between the use of faith vs scientific evidence occurs
    to explain our world, our lives, our spirituality, and, God's little plan for you.
    This is the area of the brain that is the byproduct of hyper-religious behavior.
    That the possibility that religion originates in the brain in stead of a
    mystical heaven, does kind of make it a hard-wiring for people believing in God.
    Hunting God in the brain are the Spiritual experiences that light up the neural reward,
    that the brain recognizes from participating in religious activities.

But don't worry, science will never win out over neurotheism, because the boring facts
    of science are not as emotionally fulfilling as receiving the power of the holy spirit.

I mean look at the history of the Catholic Church, the Evangelicals and Islamic Extremism.
    They all hate and condemn science whenever they can.

On an side note: Results of studies of Atheists are embarrassed:
    study proves atheism uses less brain function and the dopamine effect of neurotheology.
    Not meaning to offend any Atheists . But it seems relevant to mention it .

• I'm a bone fide Christian AND a lover of science and supreme Logic, so yes I believe in God because I've experienced the workings of mine own faith. HOWEVER, I don't not look down on those who don't believe in God. Or a higher power or whatever. I have this crazy notion that not everyone has to be what I believe and that being a true Christian means you love everyone regardless of what or whom they believe not try to force them to take on your own

• Well. Good on you for being a rational human being and not get mad everything someone has a different view on what you belive in :) thanks for your input!

• Not quite sure exactly what I believe but I believe in a force or heavenly being that ties us all together and created the beginning. I don't believe in a Christian God. And I don't believe God is male. I am more apt to believe God is either male and female or there are two gods a god and goddess if you will.

• Well that's a good take on it but that would classify as the first poll choice even tho I picked a Christian God like figure to represent it. But yeah I could see it being a goddess to be honest. Maybe the goddess deals with hell and god with heaven 😏 I'm kidding! I'M KIDDING!

• GENESIS 3
      And the LORD God said unto the serpent
      I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed
      he will crush your head,
      and you will strike his heel

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d4dd9db8a9.jpg

you think they take male sperm and female eggs for no reason

STUDY HUN

• @skeptic002 lol okay you're so trolling. lata XD

• Nope. Love the atheist meme by the way. I had to screenshot it

• Well I'm glad you liked that. People took those images I picked so seriously :X

• C
    No doubt 'bout it.

• yeah I do believe in God

• If there is god then we won't be here fighting each other ( between religions )

• Well maybe there are like a bunch of gods up there and they're like betting who's getting the most kill counts or like who spreads their religion to more people. That Is a belief I'd stand for.

• Right? Hahaha sounds interesting. It's like they're playing a massive game of Sims up there. Sounds like fun.

• the sons of god created these other religions so they could be worshiped and have control
      some people listened some people didn't

ever other religions that i know of comes from the sons of god other then the BIBLE
      cause my GOD is the LORD of lords
      or in hebrew GOD of gods

he is making a clear statement these other gods are real but I am above them
      when you read the story he created them, they just chose to go against him and set up there own real

study your history hun

• Nope. aliens certainly exist tho

• Not the question here, but yeah of course aliens exist all over the universe. The probability is low but they exist. But the question here is do you believe those aliens are what we here on earth call God's. As in they are all powered beings that act as a God would.

• @skeptic002 Would appreciate if you wouldn't spam this thread. thanks

• sorry bro peoples souls on the line not my style

• i do believe in one and only God

• That's fantastic! Thanks for your input!

• Science can't prove how the world came to be. You can have all the components required to make a nucleas of a cell, but you can't make it live. Let science explain that.

• No one can prove how the world came to be but science can theorize how it could have happened observing what is happening around us

Science doesn't have all the answers, and that's what's beautiful about it. It's constantly trying to give definitive answers with evidence behind it. You know what I mean?

See this is not an attack on religion this poll is just so I see what percentage of this community believes in God's and the ones who don't and maybe have a healthy discussion on. The topic and hearing each other out and understanding where the other is coming from. :) thanks for your input

• I do

• That's awesome! Thanks for your input

• @Betul96 Can you follow me?

• @ferhanBlassed would appreciate if you wouldn't beg for follows on my questions. Thank you for understanding.

• nature is "god"

• You'll have to elaborate on that one. I'm interested

• 😁👍

• GENESIS 6:4
      There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them

www.6000years.org/graphics/arabiangiantman.jpg

Deeper intuition dictates that we in fact know nothing. Existence is frustrating and pointless

you don't study you go off feelings lol
      go study hun

• ATHEIST

• Omg ok! No need to yell! Thanks for your input :)

• lol sorry

• I was kidding! Yell all you'd like! Be proud of what your views are haha :p

• God doesn't exist, and his most ardent believers are dangerous. Nothing more frightening than religious people.

• Indeed some are terrifying but let's not generalize here. There are some atheist that are just as worse. Of course there's some Muslims that take it up a notch but you know. Crazy be crazy. Nothing to do with religion

What Guys Said 23

• A Higher Power, definitely. Not the Christian, or Jewish God, and not anything like Islam!!
    More like Native Americans, with Wakan Tanka, or Great Mystery, with the Spirit Guides in the form of animals.
    No 'destiny' thing, and I have Free Will.
    Not discounting the Earth Mother, Gaia, as a Higher Power. Maybe more 'physical' than spiritual, but with a 'spiritual' component!

• I see well that's a view I never had heard about thanks for bringing something fresh to the table.

• Big Brother is ALWAYS watching!! Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you!! :)

• Haha inb4 a Christian drives by with a machine gun and murders me for an online post haha

• I'm an agnostic atheist. (The two terms are not mutually exclusive.) This means that I believe that there are no deities, but I don't KNOW it. Agnosticism and Gnosticism deal with knowledge claims whereas theism and atheism are more about beliefs

• I consider myself agnostic but I don't define it that way however you can. I haven't formed a belief either way.

• real defintion? Whether a defintion is informal or not it's still a defintion and it's one i use.

• Actually agnostics are the ones that formulate their believes based on present knowledge.

Atheists just believe there's not god by default.

There's a big myth around agnosticism vs atheism. If people knew their true meaning there would be more agnostics.

• Oh come on I think everyone's agnostic by definition. No one knows if there is a God or not.

• I’m aware of what you want to say, atheists just don't consider gods because lack of "touchable" evidence. That's how I live also, but I’m agnostic because I’m a science space fan and “godly things” come in different flavors for me (they don’t need to be creators, they just need to do things we still can’t, to be godlike). Meaning I can’t ignore some possibilities that present theories suggest, not like traditional religions.

Because my concept of gods is different than yours, for me it makes sense to be Agnostic and not exclude “gods” from equation.

• I see, interesting point :)

• My position on it could be summarized as "rebellious mortal"
    I believe in no gods, and wouldn't worship them even if I did.
    If you command divinity-level power and still care what mortals think, then you clearly have some self esteem issues. I simply can't respect that.
    That being said, I would go boozing with Thor and Loki. Apparently those two could find a party anywhere. From what I hear, anyway.

• Bro don't you think even God gets bored after creating everything? He just likes playing Sims. And then kills a couple hundreds for shits and giggles. That would explain some dumb deaths that I see on news papers every once in a while.

• How could you ever get bored with unlimited power?
      Now unlimited knowledge, that could cause extreme boredom. Not ever being curious?
      How dull. If that's the case, then I pity god. Nothing new to learn, and all infinity stretching out in front of you.

• the firmament is there so GOD is real
    he is on the other side

as for aliens those are the sons of god
    doing the same thing they always do causing trouble just given a different name Zeus, hermes, thoth same thing now there called fallen angels

so when there are stories of an alien crash it's just part of the war in the heaven or the firmament which ever one you would like to use

• I mean that's a really interesting way of see it I'll give you that. Thanks for sharing

• the bible is the only thing that makes sense of all the weird stories of today especially these guys that are seen during abductions

GENESIS 3
      And the LORD God said unto the serpent
      And I will put enmity
      between you and the woman,
      and between your SEED and her SEED
      he will crush your head,
      and you will strike his heel.”

https://www.ufoabduction.com/straighttalk.htm

this is the constant story always repeated read

The people are rendered passive and cannot resist. They are taken aboard a UFO, their clothes are removed and they are made to lie on a table. A series of physical, mental, and productive procedures are then administered to the subjects. People's physical bodies are probed and examined. Sperm is taken, eggs are harvested.

WHY ARE THEY TAKING SPERM AND EGGS

• Whatever you believe in man. All cool. thanks for your interesting input

• There is one and when you truly look at things even from a scientific perspective it's clear as day.

Even Einstein admitted that nothing in the universe would be possible without a creator.

• Yet there is no way to prove there is a God. Therefore each on believes in what they want.

• Could I PM you my reply it kind of won't fit in this lol.

• I guess

• Agnostic atheist is where its at (and I think a lot of atheists fall under this category). There probably isn't a specific god related to any religions created by humans, but its always possible there's a higher power (or not). Atheists who say there is no god at all lack just as much proof as religious people who say there is.

• Indeed :) were all agnostic. There's no question about that. No matter how much people say their God speaks to them.

• You are right, and I did a little digging on the subject. A good answer I found on the topic: This set of distinctions is found in both atheism and theism. Thus, you can be a gnostic atheist that is certain there are no gods. Or, you could be an agnostic atheist. Likewise, a theist can be a gnostic theist or an agnostic theist. // So the slight variance I was talking about could be better explained as gnostic vs agnostic. I believe gnostics are going off of currently available science/data. Although i'm not a professor by any stretch of the imagination just did a little more research now since you confused me for a second lol.

• Oh alright with that explanation I can actually understand where you're coming from. Thanks for your input!

• I don't think there's enough evidence to form a belief that a god exists or that it doesn't. I probably lean more towards doubtful.

• Well yeah that's why I say everyone's agnostic. No one knows whether something like that exists and there is no way to prove it even if some people say god tells them.

• Yes but someone like ladsin dosen't know if a god exists and also doesn't believe they do. I don't know either but I haven't formed a belief either way. Were both agnostic but in different ways.

• Yes, I do believe in one God.

• Well that's wonderful! Thanks for answering

• There is a God. And there is proof. Anyone can find out for themselves.

• Well, you can't really prove that, you can belive in it but there is no absolute proof there is a a God. Especially not a way to find out which God truly exists. But hey that's my opinion

• Yeah, that's not really proof. Let's be honest, there is no way to prove God is real. Sure you may say you hear it but do you really? Or is it your beliefs speaking louder than anything? Not trying to start anything here, just making my point. Unless I see it with my own eyes I don't believe it.

• That wouldn't even be proof in a court case. If judge Judy can strike it down I think we need better evidence lol

• I believe in the Force!

• I'm an agnostic atheist. I think there is definitely something supernatural that created the universe but I don't know if its a conscious being or not. So far I see no reason to believe in any holy book, theyre all nonsense

• its possible, but for now no

• Yeah. We're basically all agnostic until proven we were right or wrong.

• I am an Atheist

• Thanks for your input!

• I only believe in Neptune. How else can you explain the Bermuda triangle?

• I'd say Cthulhu is a more reasonable choice

• Wait wait... Cthulhu ain't real? Fck this man... I guess Neptune is the closest it gets to it.

• Sorry, I hate to shatter peoples beliefs. Live and let bean

• No there is no higher power and yes I do believe in aliens.

• The question is not whether aliens exist. It's whether they're the "gods" humans believe in.

• It was aliens no gods

• The real question is, why did you portray god as an old white man?

• Well tell me how God looks like. Lol

• That's the point, no one truly knows. Just like know one knows what a black hole looks like. It was foolish of you to choose that one depiction of God out of the thousands of depictions there are, and you would have been better off not choosing the typical old white man.

• God is just a myth, he's not real

• Well can you prove he's not real? There's absolutely no way of knowing. I personally don't belive in god but there's no way to know for sure now is there?

• I believe there's one and only one god or supernatural being watching over us.. but don't believe in religion which so called human gods made... its pure evil...

• Well yeah I wouldn't say evil. I mean I believe the Bible was created to just teach humans how to live in society. How evil does that sound?

• Yeah but well never know what would happen if there was no religion.

• exactly.. evn if it hpns.. we wnt be there on earth anymore

• there is no way to prove or disprove it but it makes a lot of sense that their is because everything had to come from somewhere

• Well science has quite a lot of theories that try to explain it with actual evidence. But yeah maybe there was a God or something that created everything. I personally don't believe in that but then again
      I don't know just like everyone else doesn't.

• Yes I believe in God.

• Thanks for your input! :)

• Even if there is one, what guarantees are there that "god" is "good" or even cares about any of us, if ever at all?

Why even create a world to begin with? Why create a world with much suffering, pain and death? Why even bother? Is he or she or "it" enjoying themselves while people and living beings continue to suffer, hurt, and die?

Why? So why does it matter? And why does it matter if there is a god or not if you don't know if god cares or is even good to begin with?

Perhaps we're really nothing more than experiments, failed or otherwise?

Perhaps we're just expendable fodder and pawns on a chessboard?

And in the end it doesn't matter if are collateral damage and die, because we're entirely expendable to begin with?

• Well its all about beliefs. Maybe there is a God and he's just like a kid with a magnifying glass. Creating chaos around the world just for giggles who knows.

• So he's more like jigsaw from the saw movies. Live or die. Make your choice.

• The big question really is why create us or even anything any way? "If" he, she or it ever created us and if he, she, or it ever existed at all.

Why did he, she, or it cared to create something, anything, and us in particular? Were he, she, it really lonely and sad because they were all by themselves?

Or was it because he, she, or it was really really bored to kingdom come with absolutely nothing to do?