What do you think about Poland not accepting Syrian immigrants?

I'm from Poland and wanted to know what others think.

1125

Most Helpful Girl

• I think every country has a responsibility to help especially considering that Poles were also war refugees at some point in history. In my region there are PLENTY of people of Polish descent who ended up here because their greatparents fled from war. If we hadn't taken these people in they would've been dead so for Poland to decline war refugees asylum less than a century later is just hypocritical in my opinion.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it's sad that they'd generalize an entire population due to the actions of the significant minority.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well, that's what stupid people do, I guess :(

• We just care about everyone's safety.

• do you think america doesn't? we have had a single attack by a foreign born (refuge, immigrant, etc) since 9/11/2001

it's not about banning it's about having a proper vetting system for incoming refuges and immigrants because you can also look at countries that have taken in the most Syrian Refugees (jordan, iraq, saudi arabia, turkey, etc) and they've had no issue