What do you think about Poland not accepting Syrian immigrants?

I'm from Poland and wanted to know what others think.

1125

What Girls Said 11

• I think every country has a responsibility to help especially considering that Poles were also war refugees at some point in history. In my region there are PLENTY of people of Polish descent who ended up here because their greatparents fled from war. If we hadn't taken these people in they would've been dead so for Poland to decline war refugees asylum less than a century later is just hypocritical in my opinion.

• Many Poles lament the fact that their countrymen could not do more to fight the Holocaust. As a former coach would always tell us, "If not now then when? If not you then who?"

• You seem to not know history. We couldn't fight holocaust, our land and armies were taken by Germany on one side and by Russia on other side. Germany strated the holocaust and we couldn't do anything but try to save some Jews by hiding them and making secret underground tunnels.

• Which is why I said "_could_ not do more".

• I think its a good move for Poland. I respect that decision.

• That is smart of you all.

• I agree with them. The UK has taken the approach off helping syrians in syria and the surrounding countries rather than bringing them to the UK. A much better approach.

• it's smart

• It doesn't surprise me. Poland is not the only country that doesn't accept refugees.

• I'm neutral on it

• That's really fucked up but I shouldn't be saying anything since my country (USA) isn't either just to clarify IM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER

• I think you guys are really smart :)

• they can do what ever they want. i think its good.

What Guys Said 25

• Very smart move!

• i think it's sad that they'd generalize an entire population due to the actions of the significant minority.

• Well, that's what stupid people do, I guess :(

• We just care about everyone's safety.

• do you think america doesn't? we have had a single attack by a foreign born (refuge, immigrant, etc) since 9/11/2001

it's not about banning it's about having a proper vetting system for incoming refuges and immigrants because you can also look at countries that have taken in the most Syrian Refugees (jordan, iraq, saudi arabia, turkey, etc) and they've had no issue

• I think it was a smart move as in case you didn't notice Poland is doing well and not suffering from increase rape, civil unrest and criminal activity that the migrants brought with them into other countries.

I flat out said before the immigration started happening that if Europe went through with it every country that opened it's doors to the immigrants would be opening it's doors to an unknown horde an that rape and crime would raise dramatically.

And for every country that did that I was exactly right. Rape rates went up 1400%, criminal activity sky rocketed, civil unrest went up, riots went up, terrorist attacks rose. France went into curfews and alert status for the first time since WW2, now there is a new terrorist attack either being stopped or actually going off every week. And gun, knife, self defense classes and self defense weapon sales have sky rocketed since the migrants came into Europe because people fear for their lives and family's.

Poland made the right choice and we support you.

• I think we should all be selective about who we allow across your borders, especially when the risk of bringing in those eho would do others harm is so great. Should allow people in, definitely, but a stringent vetting process is a must. The people fleeing those countries have suffered terrible atrocities on a daily basis. It's up to those of us that have the ability to help, to show that there is still good in this world, and that we care about people for more than reasons based on politics and religion. We have seen times like these in our history before, and it's always been a risk worth taking. For instance, think of Jews and other Germans leaving Germany in WWII for the US. The bombs, and the rockets carrying them, that ended that war were developed in large part by refugees fleeing from the Nazi regime and its oppressive idea of world domination. But my opinion ranks just below whale shit on the world scale of "things likely to have an impact".

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfG1myglfhY

For the reasons in this video I've just linked, Poland has every right to not take in these so-called "refugees." And f* Merkelitler trying to bully Poland for its decision.

The last time a German leader bullied Poland because it valued its own sovereignty and didn't wish to be anally raped by Ottoman-descended barbarians, that didn't end so well for Germany. Her move. And yes, she's a creep.

I respect Poland wanting to stay Poland. Denmark could learn a thing or two. 17-year-old Danes being prosecuted for defending themselves from rapists because police will do nothing. F* that!

• I admire the Polish people very, very much. And I admire them for wanting to preserve their nation and protect it from the madness that's been happening elsewhere in Europe.

• Good venting process.

• I think Poland is smart. Poland has stated they are willing to take in Christian Syrian refugees, as Christians and jews are actual refugees, seeing Islamic people tend to kill them (remember the story about Islamic refugees throwing overboard Christian refugees and drowning them?"

Poland is a Christian nation, so it's stupid to take in Islamic people who don't want to integrate.

• If you change "Islamic" to "Jewish", you get a very bigoted statement. If you change nothing...

• Only a bigot would care about a refugee's religion.

• Thank you for showing your stupidity.

• Poland has enough issues of their own. Don't need to import even more and increase their own issues along with it.

• I think it's great that the Polish government are actually responding to what the Polish people want.

It's an example to us all.

• A bit torn on this. On one hand, too many refugees lead to problems (hence why in the Netherlands gov. wants far less refugees), on the other hand Poland and other countries have agreed to spread them over entire Europe including their countries. Therefore, they are fucking over agreements whilst they get a ton of money from the EU. Anyway, the refugee wave is slowing down on the Mediterranean and it already is completely stagnant on the Balkan.

• The second point is why I get that Germany is quite pissed at them, because Germany gives them a lot of money whilst Eastern Europe is ignoring the agreements they signed.

• Poland and Hungary never signed to take refugees, but EU still forces them to do that. We just don't want EU to dictate what we do because we are sovereign country. EU slowly becomes a dictatorship and we can't let them do that. Democracy is flawed with the European Union.

• I think it's great. I am Polish-Canadian and in Poland we don't have nearly the amount of SJW/feminism/refugee bullshit that you see in other countries (cough UK cough US)

• Good to see a western nation with real leadership wanting to preserve the nations culture.
    If things continue as is in 50 years Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic will retain thair cultural identity while France, Germany, and the United Kingdom fall to islam and cultural suicide.

• Smart move.

• Theyre just thinking about their own country, which isn't bad.
    Let them do what they want its their country :P

• "Let them do what they want its their country" Ever hear about a place called Rwanda?

• Genocide is nothing close to not accepting Syrian refugees. It's like comparing Holocaust to the deporting of people illegaly crossing border between Mexico and US

• I actually hadn't heard this story but it is a burning issue at the moment - I can understand both sides but they have to go somewhere and every country should take their share I think.

• We Czechs, Poles, Slovaks and Hungarians should not accept these rats, they only want everything for free, they don't work, they only rape, kill and steal. Sláva, Sláva Slovanům!

• I mean that's their decision, but will Germany cut off parts of their funds because of it?

• Don't worry. If Germany does that then it is against any EU laws, and United Nations will discipline Germany for doing that

• Isn't it also against EU laws to limit immigration?

• Good for Poland.

• Smart move

• Good.

• I think the USA should have followed through when they tried to block it

• Not surprising. Just another example of a racist country in a racist continent that is Europe. Very sad 😔😢.

• Will whites ever change? I wonder always.

• And we never ever had slavery

• I hope so. Ok my mistake, maybe not racist but probably arrogant. USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Alaska, Iceland, India and countless other countries are all packed with European immigrants due to sad history of thievery and invasions. Any other race on Earth doesn't even come close to this kind of behavior.

Having said all that, how can we not draw any conclusions about European human nature?

• if we really want to get to the root problem then these countries need to start pointing out who is responsible for people fleeing their homes and no, its not assad, its good gold united states, isreal, turkey and saudi. lets give you a better outlook on this. Lets say you live in a group home with 10 people. there are 5 other group homes near you. One group home has been invaded by the other, and is abusing the people in that house, the people in that house have no choice to flee to you. What do you do? just accept the people and keep your mouth shut? if we do not get to the root problem, then there will never be a shortage of refugees. one of these countries have to acknowledge this and stand up against western imperialism

• Smart smart smart