Do you believe that racism is no longer a problem in schools?

It's 2017. The world has developed greatly. Racism still exists, we all know it. But do you believe that racism still exists in schools; at both the primary and secondary levels?Do you believe that racism is no longer a problem in schools?Do you believe that racism is no longer a problem in schools?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Racism is something that can be reflected in individual actions and in institutional conduct. In my area (north Florida) I do not believe that we have institutional racism in our schools. There will always be both white and black people who have racist attitudes and the government cannot control that.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It still happens. As a teacher, I have seen it many times. When we punished those kids who are responsible for this, the parents came and defended their kids. 😴

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• it absolutely exists in schools

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it just depends on the school and area

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends where you are. In the U. K racism is rare and they tolerant of different colours. If there's a country where different race is rare to find then there will be racism. Racism is a natural part of human and we got to accept the fact that racism have always existed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the country, area, background of people in the class. There are a lot of variables. It's not exactly racism, but I hear from time to time people singing anti-Semitic chants in my class, which is a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Racism is an ideology. You can't eliminate it. You can make it less widespread, socially acceptable, constitutional and systematic, but you can never truly get rid of it. That's just life.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• One of my friends had to file a formal complaint (and others in the class issued a complaint about the issue as well) because she was being harassed due to her race. I have experienced kind of joking racism where people I don't know particularly well (classmates) think it's okay to assume my race and make racist jokes about the race they assume I am. Most of my friends just make jokes about their own race because we're a racially diverse group.

0|0
    0|0
  • Racism exists everywhere.
    There are countries/cities where people are more open about it and others where people try to hide and they pretend it's not real thing.

I've experienced racism in school and also in college.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not in Malaysia. They hate Chinese who study hard. They won't even let me study my own language in a Malay school. They force me to study Arab class.

0|1
    0|0
  • no, well i dont know about other schools but my school there's no racism. I've been to some schools in Toronto and there's no racism there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've realized nobody really cares about racism to Asians...(its easier to get away with it)

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes