Do you believe that racism is no longer a problem in schools?

It's 2017. The world has developed greatly. Racism still exists, we all know it. But do you believe that racism still exists in schools; at both the primary and secondary levels?Do you believe that racism is no longer a problem in schools?Do you believe that racism is no longer a problem in schools?

1222

Most Helpful Guy

• Racism is something that can be reflected in individual actions and in institutional conduct. In my area (north Florida) I do not believe that we have institutional racism in our schools. There will always be both white and black people who have racist attitudes and the government cannot control that.

Most Helpful Girl

• One of my friends had to file a formal complaint (and others in the class issued a complaint about the issue as well) because she was being harassed due to her race. I have experienced kind of joking racism where people I don't know particularly well (classmates) think it's okay to assume my race and make racist jokes about the race they assume I am. Most of my friends just make jokes about their own race because we're a racially diverse group.

What Guys Said 21

• it absolutely exists in schools

• I think it just depends on the school and area

• It really depends on what area.. Some have it, and some won't. It really all depends on where the schools are.

• Depends where you are. In the U. K racism is rare and they tolerant of different colours. If there's a country where different race is rare to find then there will be racism. Racism is a natural part of human and we got to accept the fact that racism have always existed.

• Segregation is certainly still a thing today. And in the US, surprisingly, the problems aren't mainly in the South but the North.

• No not really in my opinion. Demographics in the area are just gonna be reflected in the schools of that area. No "racism" is gonna be inherent in that

• racism isn't about demographics. racism is about behavior and attitudes held within a person regardless of their demographic

• Children can be either extreme, but a majority of the time, no one cares what you are at those levels.

• very country specific. even city specific. but racism and sexism are still around and probably always will be

• my bad. but yeah. varies from city to city, state to state, region to region etc

• Yes, racism is alive and well in our nation's schools. Unfortunately, it is the white students who are the victims of it. I feel sorry for the world that will result in the next 20 or 30 years.

• only white students huh? no one else?
      my oh my the victim mentality

• @madhatters4 -- That's called reality. And you're shaming language attempts don't work on me, pal.

• i'm not shaming you. i'm telling you the reality. a simple look at the government or independent groups documentation of hate crimes will show that obviously white people aren't the only people who are victims of racism. so to ignore the reality and rather accept a self-serving surreality is a victim mentality.

if you say grass is orange and i say no it's green that's not shaming you that's just explaining the reality
      white people are not the only people who experience racism and to suggest that is true is a victim mentality

• Sort of but not like you or most people would think or admit.

• no its not as bad in some places but it's not uncommon to hear a white boy yell n** down the hall at my school

• Depends on the country, area, background of people in the class. There are a lot of variables. It's not exactly racism, but I hear from time to time people singing anti-Semitic chants in my class, which is a problem.

• if the left had their way no. it would a problem.

• You're Liberal?

• @madhatters4 --alleged hate crimes against supposed minorities are almost always faked. If they aren't outright fraud, then they have been wildly exaggerated. Giving someone a dirty look because they smell bad suddenly becomes threatening to kill them, etc.

• @Regular1 sure buddy. whatever you say

• Racism is an ideology. You can't eliminate it. You can make it less widespread, socially acceptable, constitutional and systematic, but you can never truly get rid of it. That's just life.

• You asked and answered your own question.

• Yep they still exist

• Absolutely! Racism is a disquieting plague that unfortunately permeates every level of our society even our educational system. We would be quite nieve to think otherwise.

• Racism will always exist, weather it's noticed by the person or not, some people just feel different about other races even though it's not hatred it's still classified as racism.

• racism is abundant in schools.
    it can be camouflaged but people still feel it and express it.

• It depends on the school and it's area

• Racism is a delusion.

• A school where I used to work the students were allowed to say racist stuff to a White kid every day at lunch recess with the principal right there. When I punished them for it then the principal didn't like me anymore and released me from that job during the probationary period. It was 6th grade kids at an elementary school.

What Girls Said 11

• Racism exists everywhere.
    There are countries/cities where people are more open about it and others where people try to hide and they pretend it's not real thing.

I've experienced racism in school and also in college.

• It's different, and subtler, but it's still there.

• No. It still happens. As a teacher, I have seen it many times. When we punished those kids who are responsible for this, the parents came and defended their kids. 😴

• It's not as bad

• no, well i dont know about other schools but my school there's no racism. I've been to some schools in Toronto and there's no racism there.

• No not in Malaysia. They hate Chinese who study hard. They won't even let me study my own language in a Malay school. They force me to study Arab class.

• It's still there I see it happening all the time

• Yes obviously.

• I've realized nobody really cares about racism to Asians...(its easier to get away with it)

• Its still around

• Well. Racism is there but it's in bully form. I experienced it but not as bad as the past.