The Murder of Justine Damon: When will we have a productive conversation about police violence?

RolandCuthbert

I thought someone wold have created this thread by now. But I guess I was wrong. Maybe you young GaGers have not heard of this story. Justine Damon, was an Australian woman, visiting the United States with her son. She was engaged to marry an American man in Minnesota. A few nights ago, Justine heard some commotion outside of her residence. So she called the police. A squad car came over to investigate. Justine came out of her house in her pajamas to talk with the officers. That's when Officer Mohammed Noor shot her in the stomach. Justine died right there on the spot.

It is almost beyond belief. A woman who was a dedicated pacifist, a spiritual healer. . . died violently for no reason at all. The family is in total agony of course. It isn't just that they lost this beautiful light in their lives, but there has been almost no information about why she was shot. Of course, the officers filed a report. But the police department has not explained what is in it. Both officers have declined to comment. The state investigator has not talked said anything either. So they just sit, dumbfounded that this beautiful person is no longer alive.

I want to do a little BlackLivesMatter blurb. Philandro Castile's family is in no less pain. They are not less sad. Or less hurt. His murder was equally as tragic and baffling.

Now back to this case. I will not share my opinion yet. But I want to know, what do you young GaGers think.

Do you think Mohammed Noor will be tried and convicted for the murder of Justine Damon? And please explain why or why not.
Mohammed Noor should be tried and convicted of murder.
Mohammed Noor should not be tried for murder.
Mohammed Noor should be charged with a lesser crime.
Vote C
Mohammed Noor should not be charged at all.
Vote D
It does not matter because he will get off regardless of what we think.
Vote E
GirlGuy
+1 y
So I guess everyone kind of understand my opinion. Of course there will be trial. I believe there will be a conviction. I don't know what his sentence will be. That is an unknown.

But this officer did recklessly end the life of Justine Damon. I don't know what was going through his head to claim that he was afraid of being ambushed. The latest update is that he claimed she banged on the tail end of the squad car so he got excited.

That is just unacceptable.
26
60