Is it true that men have it worse in life and society than women?

1418

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we all have troubles and you can't base the amount of hardships you have with just gender. I think this whole "who has it worst" debate is frankly dumb, only brews anger and hatred toward each side, and doesn't even solve anything. The ultimate rule should be to be kind to everyone (regardless of gender, age, or race) because you never know what they are going through.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what specific thing we're talking about. Ultimately, things are just about even when everything is taken into account. Problem is, everyone thinks the grass is greener because we can see the obvious upsides of the other gender but often not all of the downsides.

In short, at some things yes. At others, no.

• Like for example in the workforce that unemployment rates is higher for men than women

• Personally, I don't care "who has it worse". We live in a first world country. Bitching about how somebody has it easier that you is pretty ridiculous when you have it easier than most of the world.

• oh my God @outofthegrey you just restored my faith in humanity just a little bit. all these first world people that can't be happy with what they have so rather than working towards achieving the same level of success as someone they just complain about those that have more than them. gotta find someone or something to blame their struggle on rather than looking internally.