Is it true that men have it worse in life and society than women?

1418

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we all have troubles and you can't base the amount of hardships you have with just gender. I think this whole "who has it worst" debate is frankly dumb, only brews anger and hatred toward each side, and doesn't even solve anything. The ultimate rule should be to be kind to everyone (regardless of gender, age, or race) because you never know what they are going through.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• Both genders have very different struggles while obviously sharing some. I don't think you can determine who "has it worse".

• Due to feminism, men are getting screwed

• True story for a lot of them , but you decent women are getting astronomically skrewed even more , which is way worst for everyone.

• Each gender has its pros and cons

• I think both sexes have advantages and disadvantages when it comes to society. A lot has changed for the past century and women and men are facing the same challenges.

• Depends on the situation

• But I do think women have more rights then men though and that the problems they face isn't talked about a lot unlike women

• You don't read very well. Are you having a great time arguing with a guy that came from the hood himself just like you , and it's pissing you off because you cannot accept that your opinion is wrong for once. Don't be a ghetto snowflake.

• @Djaaay nice assumption there lol I never lived in the hood. I lived in the country, not a ghetto neighborhood. Again I don't care what you, I can see your a shitty person and that outshines your status or money that you have.

• Yeah from a family point of view they are expected to look after more and do more and have less emotional release

• Nope, in Saudi Arabia, women have no rights. That's the same for most Middle Eastern countries and African countries

• Do you realize that Saudi women don't have to work a single day in their life? it's a law called "nafaghe", you can search it.

• Simply stating a fact makes me to stand for them? Get your brain checked

• I can tell you now in most African countries, women have the same rights as men.

• Depends highly on the society you live in.

• LMFAO you're funny OP. Women struggle much more in our society

• I'm well aware of your stance on this, but do you think all women struggle? Or just some?

• so therefore the study is flawed, just like every other ever. men and women have their own separate advantages and disadvantages. for example, if a guy is a stay at home dad, he is seen as a low life but a stay at home mom is a God send.

another example, guys pay for dates while the girl pays for makeup to look pretty during those dates.

• @Baumber The study is not flawed as it is supported by previous studies and studies in similar more specialized fields.

• That's some bullshit and you know it! and it's men like you who accuse women of playing the victim card but continue to play the victim card yourself.

• Wtf no

• Nope.

• I think it's true

What Guys Said 17

• Depends on what specific thing we're talking about. Ultimately, things are just about even when everything is taken into account. Problem is, everyone thinks the grass is greener because we can see the obvious upsides of the other gender but often not all of the downsides.

In short, at some things yes. At others, no.

• No. They have more challenges, but men are and have always been up for their challenges. The women? No, they want special consideration, the rules changed, they want a leg-up.
    Always remember, YOU ARE THE PRIZE. :)

• we'll never know. Nobody has experienced both genders

• There are perks to being both, it's hard to say which is worse though

• I wouldn't say that men have it worse than women in today's society. I would say that I think that society expects more from men. But I also think that it puts a lot of pressure on women to be superficial.

• Depends on where you live.
    In the West? Yes, men have it worse.
    Anywhere else? Women have it worse

• Simply put, something is missing in the relationship and he seeks the company of another women to satisfy that deficiency.

by the way this isn't always about sex, sometimes this can be emotional support, or for a sense of excitement (if his current relationship is boring)

• Yes. Men are just about a slave gender.

• YES, DAMN IT!!!

I can't get laid and women don't like me!

There! I spilled the beans! Hate me all you want if you will.

(I'm just being emotional right now)

But for real women and men have their ups and downs and cannot be really accurately compared.

• Uh, no.

• I don't think that's true, no, at least not where I live.

• No it isn't...

• life is both equally fair for both genders. no gender has it easier than the other. we both have our advantages and disadvantages. people need to accept this so that we may worry about the world's real problems instead of shit like this.

• yes, that is a fact, you shouldn't ask that. I give you 2 examples of the 100s
    1 marriage favors women
    2 most homeless people are guys

• Depends on how you look at it, men commit more suicide, while women consume more antidepressants.
    When women used to be kept in the kitchen, men used to build skyscrapers with no safety.
    Feminists cry for stupid stuff like women being forced into the kitchen, while they never acknowledge the fact that everything they touch is being build by men. From feminists point of view women have it harder, while it's not a determined fact anyway, and it's different in every field.

• Ehhh kinda... depends really there's pros and cons to having both a dick or pussy

• no, we can pee while standing. I think I proved my point