Why liberals keep giving radical Islam a pass — and what it will take to change their minds?

so after barcelona attack. we need to discuss that.

( picture )>>>>(Kashmiri demonstrators hold up a flag of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) during a demonstration against Israeli military operations in Gaza, in downtown Srinagar on July 18, 2014. (Image source: Tauseef Mustafa/AFP/Getty Images))

One might conclude that given example after example of radical Islam’s heinous acts around the globe even after 9/11, liberals would cease giving them a pass or the benefit of the doubt.

But even after Fort Hood, Boston, Paris, Garland, Chattanooga, San Bernardino and Orlando — to name a few attacks — some liberals clearly don’t feel that way. Indeed, a new CBS poll indicates that 66 percent of Democrats believe Islam is no different from other religions when it comes to encouraging violence.

Who can forget left-wing actor Ben Affleck’s infamous appearance on “Real Time” when he became incensed at host Bill Maher and atheist icon Sam Harris for daring to say Islam’s general reluctance to call out and combat radical elements is a problem? Affleck referred to that conclusion as “racist” and “gross.”

Maher — a rare liberal who’s outspoken in his criticism of Islam — countered that it’s “the only religion that acts like the mafia; that will f***ing kill you if you say the wrong thing, paint the wrong picture or write the wrong book.”
https://youtu.be/lvdLY1ugyCo
Loud and opinionated comedienne Rosie O’Donnell — who praised Affleck’s words after the “Real Time” dust-up — drew honest-to-goodness applause on “The View” a few years before saying that “radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam.” To her credit, left-wing icon Joy Behar attempted to temper O’Donnell, saying, “Christians are not threatening to kill us.”
https://youtu.be/1av8aFnc9t4
read full article here >> www.theblaze.com/.../#comsParent
waiting to see your opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a liberal myself, and make no excuses for Islam.
    I feel that most of the 'leftists' offering apologetics for Islam are just pseudo-leftist SJWs.

I think a big part of the problem is that so many right wingers seem incapable of offering legitimate criticism of Islam without resorting to racism in the process.
    I seldom see arguments from right wingers that are well thought out and actually address the faith, without also seeing 'Paki' or 'towelhead' in the same sentence.

The best criticisms of Islam I've seen, come from leftists.
    This isn't to say that rightists never offer good criticism or are incapable of it, but many certainly do let their mindless hatred get in the way. And I just can't ally myself with those people.

Most Helpful Guy

• The liberals who give Islam a pass (including the feminists who ignore honor killings, forced child marriage, and female genital mutilation, etc.) are hypocrites of the highest order. Ben Affleck calling Bill Maher's comments "racist" just shows how ignorant he is. Islam isn't a race. It's an ideology with a thin veneer of religion that aims to control all aspects of society. And Joy Behar was right: The Quakers, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians aren't beheading people and blowing people up.

• yes islam ideology is just like nazi one

• I'm not telling the wrong information

• 1d

thanks for MH Guy opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• It had to do with votes... that is what the left is concerned with.

• I feel like its important to draw the distinction between Islam and extremist Islam. Everyone should be free to practice whatever religion they like. Do I agree with all of the teachings of Islam? I definitely don't. However I acknowledge the fact that other people want to follow Islam and I respect that and think of them as equal to me in every way. The same with other religions. The vast majority of Muslims go about day to day life peacefully and are good people. There's no reason why anybody should condemn their choice to do this. However, I have never come across anyone that is cool with extremist Muslims going in and killing innocent people and forcing their religion on others. That is wrong and should be condemned. There's a HUGE difference. Many people don't draw this distinction and act like all Muslims are terrorists/bad people. I'd like to note that something else that is not okay is the Western world killing innocent civilians in the Middle East. This is something that provides extremists with propaganda which in turn causes increases in Islamic terrorism. Of course this is not an excuse for the behaviour, but something that could be considered. 1.2 - 2 million people were killed in the war on terror, which shows that us non-Muslims are not all beacons of sanctity either. All killing should be condemned, but Islanophobia and racism should not be tolerated either.

• if i am going to write a new religious book that allow pedophile and killing all those who wouldn't join my new religion or pay me money with Indignity. would you support my freedom and my followers freedom?

• first of all christians say that was in the old Testament. and it's not bad as this one from quran. When the sacred months have passed, then kill the Mushrikin wherever you find them. Capture them. Besiege them. Lie in wait for them in each and every ambush but if they repent, and perform the prayers, and give zacat then leave their way. and if you can't police other's thought then why people are racist about followers of nazi ideology

• I don't see why it matters what testament it's in? Yeah I agree that's really not a good sentiment, but the vast majority of Muslims don't act on that statement. You can't be "racist" about Nazis. Some people still follow the Nazi ideology, which I think is absolutely disgusting obviously. But their thoughts aren't policed. What is policed is when they act on those ideas, by hurting or discriminating against people of other races/sexualities etc. Diagreeing with something and criticising does not equal policing thoughts.

What Guys Said 0