Why are people nowadays more obsessed with minority rights instead of individual rights?

430

Most Helpful Girl

• The media (so I guess by proxy, the people) are so obsessed with PC-related issues because if the real issues going on around the world atm, such as ISIS, trump's stupidity, migrant crisis, etc. was taken as seriously as it should be, that would be way too much for most to be bothered with. So... minority rights and such are so 'popular' to pacify the masses in a sense.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• The minority can't properly advocate for their individual rights thus they need help. I don't see the two as being at odds. I see them as the same actually. Saying that an individual has the right to life is the same for a bigot and a homosexual. But certain bigots happen to be in the majority, so I have to stand up to prevent them from taking that right from others.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE