What do you think society exaggerates over nowadays?

It can be from trends, celebrities, movies, politics, etc. Except be a little more specific.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some drugs, sex, relationships in high school are definitely taken way too seriously. Politics for sure, mostly between the left and right wings of the USA. This place could easily go into a fucking civil war while I'm just playing a fucking Zelda game or something but whatever 😂.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• Definitely politics. It's gone from reasonable discourse and it's treatment as a hobby to an obsession for a lot of people. You talk to a feminist from 50 years ago and you can both see the other side, but you talk to a feminist now and everything they see or hear is interpreted through their politics. Nothing is sacred - you cannot say or do anything without it being ''progressive'' or ''ignorant racism/sexism/homophobia/etc''. There's no nuance at all. You're either with them, or you're their enemy

• Politcal coreectness.

Sexuality

• Whether someone is offended or not. No matter whats going on someone is offended by someone else's actions. I think people need to have thicker skin. We are all individuals so we aren't all going to like what the other is doing.

• Racism, like how disliking a religion makes people racists, cause no one understands what words mean anymore lol

• Racism. If a white person is critical of a SEGMENT of the black population , he is a considered a racist.

• Celebrity opinions on absolutely anything!

• Racism, sexism, homophobia. All used to guilt people into submissivness

• Honestly I have idea. I really don't pay attention to anything that isn't important to me. But if I were to guess it would be political. Each political party and their supporters thinks one or the other party is what causing America to rise or fall.

• RACISM and SEXUAL HARRASMENT

• Pretty much everything.

• The importance of celebrities and their views. I mean are you really going to listen to Jeniffer Lawrence babbling on about climate change while she flies as the only passenger on a gulf stream jet LA-NYC just to get a slice?

• the wage gap

• We care too much about celebrities, and movies create larger than life expectations

• Lol like the new's articals that say something like "chuck schumer slams jeff sessions" or whatever?
    I picture like some wwe shit.

• Yes.

• Everything

• Definitely racism and sexuality. People need to chill out a little when it comes to this stuff.

• It exaggerates sex

• Sex. Like holy shit calm the fck down people. You go anywhere and it's the same bs whoring men and women. Everyone needs to chill tf out n smoke a joint and ENJOY LIFE NOT JUST FK. Now I may be a pervert also but damn, life isn't just about that..

• Female false victimhood.

• Social politics definitely. This idea that identity relates or should relate to politics.

Eg. Someone saying assuming I should support black lines matter just for being black, I don't it's a racist accusation. My identity doesn't support my politics.

This is just me though others would argue it means everything.

What Girls Said 6

• Having a job with a career for women in particular,

Also pregnant women are promoted to go work and bounce back soon as possible to go to this job

• Celebrity "feuds". Like I am absolutely convinced Katy Perry and Taylor Swift are BFFs and just dig up their drama to help promote their albums

• society gives way too much importance to insignificant things and don't value essential things like it used to be in the past

• Kylie Jenner..

• Celebs and sex

• Confusing, but I believe in what I believe.