Do you think the difference between all cultures is more of a positive thing or negative and why?

When I say cultures I mean all the pros and cons of it.

• Positive
  • Negative
  • What about alien's culture?
    Vote C

1832

Most Helpful Girl

• I think diversity is a good thing as long as it's accompanied by the acceptance that other diversity exists. The one trait that should be shared among all cultures is tolerance. But other than that, differences are a positive, enriching thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Positive. Because the more differences there are, the more we can learn from each other. It'd be no fun, if we were all just drones doing all the same things. 😅

What Girls Said 17

• I don't think I would ever eliminate culture. I am very strong in my beliefs, but I love seeing other people's view of the world. It is beautiful to see what other people value, why, and how it changes the way we see everything.

Asking if culture is negative is like asking if one color of the rainbow is more beautiful than another, or which one we should eliminate.

• I think it's interesting diversity makes us beautiful and I love discovering different ways of life and opinions

• Differences are great, so long as people are tolerant of them.

• Positive because if we all had similar/same cultures it would be a very boring world. Having the different cultures brings variety to the world and lets us explore it more

• It's positive in my opinion. We wouldn't have so much good food, music, holidays, etc without the diversity of it.

• Culture is what makes us who we are.

• Positive, nothing like that should be the same that's the beauty of it

• The question itself doesn't make sense to me. How can differences between cultures be positive or negative when all cultures have positives and negatives?

• Life would be boring if everyone looked the same and did they same things

• I think it's a positive thing

• variety is spice of life

• I love cultures, I believe that people should be able to be apart of other cultures because it often happens that some people don't want to live up to the pressures of their culture.

• I think it is absolutely beautiful. I think it is so interesting and absolutely fascinating that there are so many ways to live your life!

• Positive.

• People and cultures being different enriches our lives.

• i don't care about any cultures, i just do what feels good to me and is fun

• Positive.

What Guys Said 31

• I have dated a woman from Canada and Italy. Had an online relationship with a woman from England. All three had one thing in common...
    It was interesting and fun to learn about their cultures and how they took for granted things that are normal for them and yet very strange to me.
    And in the end it was the culture differences that ended each relationship. The woman from Canada lived here in the US with me for 17 months even tho her visitor visa expired in six months. She did not want to go back. And after a year and a half here she still did not fully feel comfortable living in the States. The Italian woman was a handfull lol That is all I am saying about her. The British gal wanted me to move to England and she even offered to pay for whatever it took. I almost did. Then I woke up to how different she is from women I am used to around here.

To me I am all done with foreign women. Many are very beautiful. The ones I knew were above average with their sexuality. There is something to be said about how we humans are creatures of habit and how cultural habits are difficult to change. I am staying with my good ole USA bread and born chics! :)

• Difference is the spice of life. What fun would it be to go across the world if it feels like you just went across town?

• I think it's more negative, because humans are looking for reasons to kill each other. Example for religions: the're are a lot of historic events when you could be killed because you're not believe in god, or you believe in another god, or you believe in the same god, but another way.

• If there was no religion, we'd just find another way to kill eachother.

• @Gypsy_x Yep. That is exactly what I'm talking about. We are looking for cause to consider ourselves better than others.

• Why should it be negative? Isn't this diversity beautiful?
    And to all the hypocrites here who say how much they love different cultures and how much they love diversity because it makes us who we are, you are the same people who deny Europeans to preserve their culture and racial identity because "muh racism!" and support unlimited mass third world immigration which eventually destroys that same diversity you claim to support.

• Having differenct cultures in different locations is positive - only when some nutcase politicians try to force cultures to become one that are fundamentally different it becomes an issue.

• A world with only one culture would be wearing blinders and be boring.

• The cons are when there's a clear difference that make it almost impossible to live together peacefully, thats how you end up with things like the Armenian genocide or whats happening to Syrian Christians now in the middle east.

The pros are a good mix of ideas.

I think we have to realize that there will be no multicultural utopia in this world, conflict will always exist and some cultures are better than others in certain important areas.

• I find it positive, it's exciting to learn about other cultures :D

• Positive, In India one of most diverse country on basis of relegion, language, culture, ethnicity, race, spiritual believe, indigenous Tribes, maintaining purity of race ( indigenous people of leh) divide society on many basis but united on the basis tent of diversity. Help to govern country on the basis of inclusive approach towards people and protect their beliefs and adopt equitable approach towards their development.

• Positive - Variety is the spice of life - No particular culture is perfect

• My theory is this. If you want to live in a country other than your own, you better adapt to the culture of that country rather than doing the opposite. This is why Trump won.

• Positive, hands down.
    I know there's bad cultural practices out there but those we can help correct. Culture and cultural diversity are amazing things in this world.

• I like to think of it as a Postive thing.

• It just is what it is

• Diversity is generally a good thing. But some aspects of some cultures really suck.

• Of course, that is a positive thing, that shows us how the human can be harmonious with the environment around us.

• Positive. I wouldn't want to live in a world where we were all the same... just different shades of clones. There'd be no diversity.

• It's positive, it's only the assholes who make it negative and they're in all cultures.

• I don't have anything against cultures so the more the merrier

• I like the perspective of Star Trek: the next generation - accept and adapt only if needed

• its a double edged sword really

• Westerners have no sexual morals, so it's negative.

• Culture is the main driving force behind wars.

• No, its greed. Greed for power and resources.

• Mrnamless and why does one group think they should have the resources and not the other? Culture.

• Only communists want us all to be alike to cure the worlds ills

• Negative

They aren't all white

• Positive, I don’t wanna be a fucking slave

• My dream is want to make world local boy. So I have to accept this. Without this is impossible

• Diversity is strength...

• Non-white = positive
    White culture = negative

• What is "white culture"? As far as I'm aware, culture is ethnic not racial

• @Gypsy_x white Caucasian is an ethnicity

• @Gypsy_x ethnicity is a subdivision of race.

• Some of them are positive, but not all of them. In European countries, some Muslims perform ritual slaughters of sheep. It's kind of barbaric I think.

• They do that for holidays.

If you're gonna complain about mass slaughters of animals though, look at your chicken, cows, and pigs. They get stuck in tight cages with filthy conditions, get abused, and slaughtered by the millions every day

• Have you ever seen footage from many commercial slaughter houses? They certainly are not peacefully euthanised. The whole industry is barbaric.

• @Gypsy_x I'm a vegan, so if it were up to me there were no slaughter houses. There are some slaughter houses who hurt the animals, but in general I believe the animals at least die painless. With Muslim ritual slaughter, they always cut their throat brutally. Really barbaric.

• More from Guys
    1