Why do governments most often support war?

I believe it's primarily for the money... What do you think?

Why do governments most often support war?
  • For the money... what else...
    Vote A
  • For the money and the power...
    Vote B
  • For justice.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Matica Hrvatska- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Profit in suffering and perpetuating divide. as well as detracting from more pertinent issues

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• For money and power and they prey on everyone else's sense of justice by lying to them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• Different reasons, and some wars are justified, like the wars against islamic terror, so I go with justice. Also you are aware that wars tend to cost a lot of money?

0|2
    0|0
    • - you're aware that wars make a lot more money for their governments than they actually cost... Right?

• Show All
    • (Not territories, but actual money... or productions of things that cost a lot of money that are needed in wars - such as weapons and tanks... )

• Your theory could hold an water if wars between western countries was common nowadays, but it's not so, religion ( particularly Islam) seems to be an greater motivation for wars and overall violence, then money. Also you remind me an video that is called fellowship 9/11.

www.thereligionofpeace.com/.../attacks.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbsLTAO7Ra8

• The biggest reason is for political influence think of it this way let's say there's a country out there that's starting a lot of shit taking stuff from other countries through force and in general being an asshole of a country

Well then we see big brother United States step in and crush this smaller country without much resistance

The consequences of that result in the us getting the spoils of war (whatever resources and money they take from the defeated country) as well as the smaller countries that were effectively defended by the us start to see them as saviors and would be more inclined to cooperate with us in the future as well as it deterring other violent countries from rising up because the us is looking in their direction basically begging them to start something so they can crush them too

So for going to war the us gets money allies resources and deters others from causing trouble

All of this could be avoided simply by people not acting like self centered jackasses only looking out for themselves but that's never going to happen

0|0
    0|0
  • Well not strictly money, but I'd say resources and political power as well as preemptive measures to neuter potential threats in their eyes.

War is messy, but economically, technologically and pragmatically, it is an excellent catalyst. It is also, an excellent reset button for the world depending on how you see it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It has been an awfully long time since any government has made money by going to war.

Here is an observation: No free democratic government has gone to war with another free democratic government. There is always a dictatorship or single party government involved. Think about that.

0|1
    0|0
  • For the money and/or power, our governaments are puppets for the wealthiest individuals who can afford to infiltrate everything. Our freedom is an illusion and the key to stop it is our freedom. While that sounds like a paradox its actually not since if an idea is powerful enough and enough people know how the world truly works its possible to weed out the corruption as we outnumber them by very many.

0|0
    0|0
  • survival of the political unit and maintaining relative balance of power, political science 101. War can potentially destroy a political unit so its an absolute last resort, plus (realist) countries are modest in their ambitions so money in itself is not sufficient incentive to instigate war.

You're wrong citing money as the key motivator.

I took an international relations/political science unit at uni last semester.

0|2
    0|0
  • More complicated than that, often long term strategies are being played out. The iraq war by Bush was probably to destabilize the region, cause more wars and uproot mass numbers of the population for later use in destroying Europe. The west and western liberal democracy are the biggest obstacles in the way of the global Soviet super state.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually, war creates a great stimulus in the economy as well as a sort of abnormal unity with the public, since the public is usually focused on a perceived or real similar foe.

0|0
    0|0
  • War prints money and rejuvenates industry. These big war manufacturers will find something to war over so they don't lose their stake in government contracts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eisenhower told it the American people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWiIYW_fBfY

It scared even him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Asking a question like this of this community is asking for unmitigated 100 percent comedy... The responses are absolutely priceless and not a bit surprising from my point of view... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Power politics has been a thing for since the idea of nations birthed. For the state's success it must assert it's power wherever possible, whether it be economically or by the iron fist.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you win it is great for the economy. But I am no so sure they prefer war. But there does seem to be some governments that require horrible actions to bring into peaceful co-existence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly money but also politics. Take Syria and Libyia for instance Obama got NATO involved based on humanitarian reasons but all he did was make it worse and extend the conflict.

0|0
    0|0
  • for money and power and besides it majority of the government leaders are part of secret societies and occultists and they follow an hidden parasitic alien agenda , the negative aliens feed off our negative emotions, war is one of the major generators of negative emotions, such as hate, grief, so not only mundane factors, but much more than this are at stake, and besides all systems of this world were carefully built to ensure the sucess of parasitic alien agenda, this is the sad truth, there is no real human story, there is parasitic alien social engeneering to meet their goals of feeding off negative emotions, i know it seems to be unreal, but i have all the evidence i need to make the call.

0|0
    0|0
  • To support their geo-political interests to e. g. remain or expand their power and influence

1|1
    0|0
  • Wars are profitable. Tell the people it is for justice and they'll support you. Then they make some bank.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's human nature. If a group (or country) of people has something that another group of people want, the group that wants it takes it with war. The Mexican war is a perfect example. The US wanted Texas and the Southwest, so they picked a fight with Mexico, kicked the shit out of them, and took what they wanted.

There's also money. Defense contractors make a fortune supplying weapons and material for war. They made billions supplying South Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and didn't give a shit about who actually ended up getting these weapons. Remember all the weapons we supplied to the Iraqi army? They fled at the first gunshot, leaving the weaponry for ISIS to collect. The rest of the world will pay for that stupidity for generations, but it doesn't matter to the contractors. They've done VERY well.

0|0
    0|0
  • International banks finance wars to get countries into debt. This racquet has been going on for centuries...

0|0
    0|0
  • For the money. During wartime you see an increase in production and often more job creation to fill the gap of combat participants

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly for the money. But for Tony Blair, also for that warm feeling he gets when somebody dies violently.

0|0
    0|0
  • a lot of reasons. I feel mostly to being able to manipulate the citizens more. It's always based on Greed of some sort

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the war.
    WW2, fight against Isis, Korea, Vietnam, I believe were justified and about Morals.

0|0
    0|0
  • War is a business, and military industry makes tons of money out of it. The more a war lasts, the more money they make.

0|0
    0|0
  • Justice? Phbbttt!!! For the money and power. What else?

0|0
    0|0
  • You answered it money and power very few wars are fought for actually just reasons

0|1
    0|0
  • Has to do with money and power who ever controls those things gonna be a God

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a way more complex question than this poll allows for. No vote.

0|0
    0|1
  • Of course, WWII was about justice but like, with Korea and Vietnam, it was about money and power

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess you could kind of stretch the idea that World War II was about justice but it is more accurate to say World War II was about stopping a quest for world-wide tyranny by Germany and the Empire of Japan.

• Banks support war for the money. Governments support war for the resources.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• For money

0|0
    0|0
  • Money is important for that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes