Where was Oprah, the most powerful woman in Hollywood, 6 months ago?

First off I do want to see that I agree with Oprah on her condemnations of the sexual misconduct going on in Hollywood. And it's bad at this point. But where was Oprah 6 months ago? 12 months ago? 3 years ago and so on? Again she is the most powerful woman in Hollywood. She knew it ALL. But spoke nothing about it until the Golden Globes so everyone can praise her and use her as the poster girl for #MeToo and #TimesUp. This should have been spoken about long ago. But no. It hasn't. And now we live in a time where things are starting to flip-flop. Our reality is going to be more unequal then you think as women climb to the top and put down men. It's already going on. Especially with heterosexual Caucasian men. Isn't that great? Please leave your thoughts below.

Here's her speech at the Golden Globes this year:

Oh and I mind as well add in this great picture! Keep in mind she is basically the most powerful woman in Hollywood. With power comes knowledge:

105

What Girls Said 10

• My thoughts? You're an uninformed child who has no idea of Oprah's activism throughout her career.

I don't positively adore her in all ways. But you really do not know what you're talking about, at all, in the least.

She is personally responsible for one of the most break through moments in modern history, for survivors of all forms of sexual abuse and harassment. In a very significant way, there wouldn't be a #metoo movement without one single brave act she performed, when she was just famous, but not very powerful yet. It made HER more powerful, and it made all survivors more powerful. Practically all the modern dialogue you have ever engaged in about sexual abuse of any type came about because of it.

So, puh-fucking-lease do not try to tell me Oprah hasn't done enough.

I was there. It changed things in such a major way you can't even conceive of it. You have not lived in a time where the touch of her influence wasn't omnipresent, on this specific topic, and several other related ones.

She's doing plenty.

Where were YOU six months ago? With what you know now about how many people experience harassment, assault and rape - what are YOU going to do?

Are you going to pick bones about Oprah, or are you going to recognize that there is a major problem, not just in Hollywood, but in the lives of countless people the world over?

• I had knowledge of this happening in Hollywood for about 5-6 years now. But I'm a nobody so my opinion does not matter. Oprah could have actually called out Weinstein years ago and condemn his actions as well as Bill Clinton back in the 90s. But she stayed silent. She's not this queen or near-goddess that the media and you are making her like. She's one of the most powerful women in Hollywood, yet she's only another globalist and will save herself and Hollywood over all this drama. This could have been dealt with years ago by the elites in the industry. EVERYONE knew about it. But Hollywood picks and chooses when to say things. You think this all happened out of nowhere? No, it was planned. I'm not "an uninformed child." I'm a lot more informed then you think I am.

I support equality between men and women, but Hollywood is rebuilding the power structure instead of fixing it. They are condemning men and putting women at the top instead of taking the opportunity to actually fix things.

• Okay well, I see this argument going nowhere then. I'm keeping all my points under one theme, but I question if you realize that or not. Sexual harassment in the workplace because there are no proper disciplinary measures. When you work you are apart of the greater good of the company. That must be above all. That meaning there should be no room for things such as sexual harassment or inappropriate relationships between male and female co-workers. I would make sure all individuals in a company are disciplined equally and honestly legislation could be put in place to enforce this. With this in mind power and lust can be weened out of the picture. That's my personal belief on the matter. Proper disciplinary measures in the workplace offer a fluid and optimal work experience for all employees. I'm embodying my response a bit off of the Western Cape Government as they describe more in details of what I'm saying: www.westerncape.gov.za/.../sexual-harassment-causes-consequences-and-cures

• So, what will you be doing to help create better legislation?

• I love how the idiot girls on here want to say she is the greatest advocate of women when she was big buddies with Harvey Weinstein. Hypocrites.

• She knew what he was doing... so did everyone else in Hollywood

• People are hypocrites, yes I also think Oprah might be a hypocrite even though I love her.

The metoo movement is getting on my last nerve, there's so much to this topic, I don't have enough time.

The sexual misconducts will never stop for many reasons, and no one really does anything to change that. Fuck all of you really.

• I think the whole #metoo is bullshit and will only continue negatively affect men.
    There are legit enough men who have lost their job just because of it. They weren't sexually assaulting at all.

Praise to that French diva who stood up. This is going wrong.

• Exactly. It's unfortunate how much this is going downhill when Hollywood has so much potential for the future. But if you are a male in Hollywood then you're going to find it a lot more difficult to actually rise up in status without sexual allegations. Like, come on now. James Franco just got slapped with allegations. He's a fucking legend. Love his work, but I guess I'm going to have to look more into that.

• Knowing a person doesn't always equal complicity. That photo was clearly taken during an awards show all of which are hella staged.

You know how sometimes on shows like Dateline they'll interview a murderers friends or co-workers who say things like "I never knew, they were such a good friend I wouldn't have guessed they were killing people and shoving the bodies in their basement." I imagine it's like that.

If you want to have a go at Oprah don't for things that are ACTUALLY her fault. Like causing Dr. Oz, giving a platform to multiple anti-vaxxers who are still causing resurgences of formerly dead diseases, and bringing in a bunch if bullshit randos off the street to start making a fuss over "teen trends" that aren't happening (remember Rainbow Parties and Trampolining? Yeah never happened)

• she was probs busy gifting her live audience with free cars

• What do you mean where was she? She’s been advocating against sexual misconduct since before I was born.

• It's great that she does that, but when she's the most powerful woman in Hollywood and basically good buddies with Harvey Weinstein, she knew EXACTLY what was going on. But she didn't act on it until Hollywood tapped her to start rolling the ball this year. That's how the industry works. Things don't just happen. It's all organized.

• First off that picture is old af.

• It's from January 2014, but it's still a significant picture displaying the power she has and the strings she can pull. Oprah can take anyone down if we were, to be honest. Even if it was 2013 or 2012 I still would like at this situation the same. They're both producers and producers talk all the time and have close relationships.

• Not sure, i don't stalk celebrities

• God can Hollywood not just shut the fuck up. We know who they really are.

What Guys Said 5

• I mean, she’s not god. I’m not really a fan of the, “where were you x ago” fallacies. There’s many reasons why, especially in this case, but whatever. This would be the same logic as if you’d expect a president to stop a bombing or warren buffet and hgtv where they were to prevent the housing market collapse.

And like I said in another post, the only people that should feel offended or attacked from people condemning rapists are rapists. If you, or others feel as if why’re speaking to you, you might wanna reevaluate your life choices. Cause my philosophy is clear; this is great. Not for feminism. Fuck that. I’m here for the pussy. If all this means that all the rapists and shit get put in jail, great. That means they feel safer around dudes. Which means that I don’t have to worry about going up to chicks and feeling like a pervert or her wondering my intentions and getting called creepy for asking for a fuckin pen. And that I don’t get rejected cause she’s suspicious cause the last 6 dudes that came up to her gave her unsolicited dick pics, so now I get fucked over 😑

• Oprah is parallel to Weinstein, she holds great power of over people. She decides who gets rich around her, she probably isn't such a great person

• Exactly. And she's basically the "poster-girl" of this whole revolution now. Oprah isn't going to change anything. She looks out for herself and Hollywood and that's all.

• She's also friends with Bill Clinton yet never felt the need to call him out on anything. I bet there's a list of her friends who sexually assault people but she'll never come forward about them. She's so full of shit.

• She's a POS

• Award shows have always been just a bunch of grandstanding. It's sad women so desperately want to be validated by these events which are not the gods of deciding who made good movies or not no matter how much they pretend to be.