What are you thoughts on Feminism?

I'm curious as to how people on this site/app view feminism. Obviously im limited to 7 poll options but I'm going to try and include a spread of opinions.

Feel free to share your thoughts as a comment as well.
  • I'm a feminist. I believe modern day feminism is about equality and fights for both men's and women's issues
    Vote A
  • I'm a feminist but I believe that the movement is mostly about women's issues and ignores men's issues of inequality
    Vote B
  • I'm a feminist and I think that men's issues are more of a focus than they should be within feminism
    Vote C
  • I'm not a feminist (explain why) but I still completely support equality. I believe both men and women have areas where they are disadvantaged within Western societies
    Vote D
  • I'm not a feminist and I think men are more disadvantaged than women in Western societies
    Vote E
  • I'm not a feminist but I do believe that women are disadvantaged within Western socities
    Vote F
  • I don't care. We're mostly equal anyway and "feminism" is just a label. I just think human beings should all be treated equally.
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Men are more disadvantaged than women in western societies by far and its not even close.
    Men can have almost everything taken away from them and their lives destroyed because a woman claimed she was raped by him.
    They can have their children/property taken away and have other rights/privileges taken away in courts when/if the woman decides to get a divorce. And women initiate the vast majority of divorces within the u. s. which not only hurts children but hurts men just as much.

1|2
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My parents were divorced. The judge always favored my father, even when my 4 year old brother revealed that he raped him. The judge did not listen to my mother because my father convinced the judge that he was innocent.
      He dragged out the divorce for 3 years and he might have raped my sister as well but the judge still favored him.
      My father refused to pay child support and he got let off the hook, leading my family to have to go without food. He refused to help pay for medical bills and stole money from us so he could buy whatever.

Someone else I know had a similar situation. The mother still got most of the custody but the father was let off the hook for abuse and rape.

I know more children who went through divorces and it was very, very rare when the mother was the one doing the abusing.
      Im not saying it doesn't happen but it does happen rarely.

I don't see how the mother had an advantage in either of these cases. Or how that 'hurt the men and children"

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really have a problem with feminism itself, but the large social justice warrior section of it. The ones that want equality of outcome instead of equality of opportunity. The ones that spout nonsense statistics without any critical thinking (wage gap, 1 in 5 women... etc.). The ones that campaign against male rights (for example shelters for men) and any conferences or speeches talking about them (for example talking about male suicide). The ones that want to live in a bubble and have their safe spaces and not debate about anything or talk about these issues.

So yeah, I don't identify as a feminist, but am and advocate of both men's and women's rights and equality of opportunity.

0|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Finding Feminism started out as being a group that inspired me to feel worthy enough to raise my voice/stand up against sexual assault that I faced. It gave me courage and helped me to realize that I'm not alone. I learned that i'm not responsible for their own actions, that I don't have to deal with the sexual harassment and that I deserved better treatment.

All because a group, Feminism, was speaking up about it, otherwise I would've felt as though that was how life was supposed to be if everyone is doing it and no one is standing up against it.

Then I found out that Feminism was about more, the equality of both men and women. That men faced these sexual assaults/harassment too! That men should be asked out on dates, given gifts and deserve to be treated like princes and kings. That the boys and men who want to be feminine shouldn't be looked down on as weaker BECAUSE being feminine isn't something to look down on.

Those two reasons are what I personally experienced and enough for me to call myself a Feminist. BUT there are more reasons, some that I don't fully understand and that... are taken to extremes by some.

It really hurts when people are quick to say no to feminism, like my own father and brother. Perhaps they don't know how bad it really is or they don't care, but I really appreciate the males who remain considerate of it's meaning. Even after some take it to extremes.

1|1
    0|2
  • I'll never ever be a feminist, and men are very disadvantaged in the Westren society today.

Feminism is just cancer

0|6
    2|1
    • Ooo wow lol thanks for upvotes 👌🏼

• Show All
    • That's the dumbest argument I've heard. Who said I ain't getting any education?
      And heck if I'm gonna be abused, I don't need to get a shelter.

• @LittlePrince85 Yeah thats pretty ridiculous. I mean the woman who founded the first refuge shelter in the UK isn't even a feminist. She was forced out of what she started by feminists simply because she tried to raise awareness to men being victims of domestic violence as well and because she said that women can be just as violent.

• I don't consider myself a feminist, because most of the issues today's feminists complain about are not that big of a deal. I think we have pretty much reached equal rights in the West. Men and women might not be completely equal, but that's how it's supposed to be. The two genders are different, so there's no use in trying to make them the same.

0|1
    0|0
  • Feminist 100% :)

3|2
    1|4
  • We're mostly equal anyway

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• I said A, I believe that men and women deserve to be treated equally under the law.
    I think many feminists tend to focus on women's issue, but that's because people have a finite amount of time, interest, and resources and they have to dispense them according to their priorities. If you think that men are discriminated against in some piece of legislation or in society in general then by all means stand up and fight for what you believe.

1|1
    1|2
    • Equality is not only for women
      If you are for equality you should speak for man as much as for woman
      If you don't you are sexist

• @alexei1000 you didn't even read my response, did you?

• voted b. i believe, as it always has, that feminism focuses primarily on inequality regarding women (it is the definition of feminism).

i think there is still plenty of feminist advocacy regarding men's issues but female issues take a precedent, again not surprising or to be unexpected.

0|0
    0|3
    • If you don't take women AND man issues the same way
      You are not for equality
      You are sexist
      Equality is not only for women

• @alexei1000 there is nothing to say that feminist do not "take" women's and men's issues the same way. there need not be any mutual exclusivity. i believe in equality for all. being a feminist doesn't prohibit me from being for men's rights. to suggest that being feminist makes a person sexist suggest that you may not fully understand the matter.

• I'm a feminist. Get out of the 1st world and argue with me. It was never about men's issue considering they already have enough. Feminism is about equal rights for women of male counterpart. If you have them that doesn't mean every country does.

3|1
    1|5
  • The popular feminist movement has reduced itself to a hilarious, absurdist parody of what it once was. Examples of this can be found in the #MeToo movement; prominent feminist activists from the 50's and 60's in countries like France and Italy have spoken out against the increasingly puritanical overtones, along with the narrative of helplessness and female victimhood, saying that there have to be limits in order to uphold womens' rights to be treated as the equals of men sexually, which they fought so hard and so long for.

Modern feminism's universal response has been to tell these older, pioneering feminist campaigners to "roll over and die", or when sugarcoating it, "step aside, move with the times, retire and let us REAL feminists take charge of REAL feminism for THIS generation!" Today's feminism doesn't even acknowledge those actual, real feminists as feminists; today's 'feminism' is nothing more than a Gender-based hate and power movement, in exactly the same vein as the White, Black, Christian and Islamic Power Movements. And just like all of these, it's been completely hijacked by the conspiracy-theorist crazies.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not a Feminist, in the modern sense. One of the fundamental flaws in Feminist thought is that it presupposes that women's problems are systemic. Back in the day, there were systemic issues, but we have since resolved those problems. Issues these days are more subtle, too subtle for Fenimism's heavy handed approach. For instance, "I am woman, hear me roar" does not bring us closer to figuring out a way to prevent rape, and properly administering justice when a rape actually occurs.

0|3
    2|1
  • I don't care. We're mostly equal anyway and "feminism" is just a label. I just think human beings should all be treated equally.

I think I agree with this mostly. I fit into the definition of a feminist, that is I advocate equality of the sexes. I just don't really care about labels.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm all for equality and feminism I agree with only their logical ideals... But when it becomes a band wagon for hating men and projecting negative hate... I'm completely turned off by that side of it. Modern feminism today tends to be hostile towards men and details from their original logical ideals

0|2
    1|0
    • Derails*

• Show All
    • @maiave The whole point of feminism is to fight unfair pay, work hours, hindered career prospect and actual unfair hostile prejudice against them. Not to hate or put men at a disadvantage through establishing unjust laws and claiming special treatment.

• Yeah exactly

• I'm anti-feminism because I think that ideology is just an excuse for toxic people keep being toxic in a self-righteous way. These people are full of resentment.

0|4
    2|0
  • I believe in equality, but with the exception of the wage gap, many self declared feminists have no major goals other than "down with the patriarchy"

I'll support if it's worthy, but I want to know what we're fighting for, and a focused plan on how to do so.

0|0
    0|0
    • The wage gap is a myth. They look at the difference in earning and say: wage gap. Instead of looking at the facts and seeing that women earn less because they work less intensive jobs (in general) take time of to care for their children, work part time, etc. That is why men earn more, simply because they work harder jobs (once again generally speaking) and work more hours.

• Show All
    • Yep. Hey thanks for replying. It's nice to discuss with somebody online.

• No problem, I enjoy a discussion from time to time aswell

• I'm not a feminist because I have at least 2 functioning neurons. Women have had equality for a while now and the only true feminists were the ones in the 50s. everything afterwards is only about women's benefits. Equal rights were accomplished by first wave feminism, the rest is just bitching.

0|0
    0|0
  • feminism has changed a lot over time and there is nothing wrong with that and I support equality for both men and women, but the social justice warrior side of modern day feminism is total bullshit. It's not about equality anymore, it's about taking away as much male rights as possible and it has started to make the term feminism itself sound like a bad thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a feminist. My problem is the effort to disadvantage men and the general illiberal nature of most of what they advoate for. Regardless of how disadvantaged men are currently, I don't want to go down that direction, so no feminism.

0|0
    2|1
  • Im for egalitarianism. Men and women aren't "equal" except socially. They are different and each have things that improve society. There is a reason gender exists, science evolved us that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. Men and women are mostly equal in the civilized world, I think both sexes should be equal for the law and in opportunities

1|0
    0|0
  • For all those fucking women who want to be the "same" as men, as them: why is it that it is always women who have issues with their in laws who are also mostly women. Why do we always hear about daughter in law not being able to stand mother in law and vice versa and never that kind of problems between sons in law and fathers in law? There are reasons women are women and men are men. Women have their own strengths and wonderful traits that men can't have and vice versa. Be good at what is meant for you. Doesn't mean you don't have lesser rights. But you do have roles exclusive to each other.

0|2
    1|0
  • Men and women are equal but not identical... We are created to be different, and that's a good thing for both of us.

1|0
    0|0
  • Am I the onlybone who fantasizes about being a mohomaden and having 4 wives and besting them black and blue whenever you feel like it?

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • Where's the "women are property" option

0|2
    2|1
  • Fuck feminism

1|1
    3|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes