What are you thoughts on Feminism?

I'm curious as to how people on this site/app view feminism. Obviously im limited to 7 poll options but I'm going to try and include a spread of opinions.

Feel free to share your thoughts as a comment as well.
  • I'm a feminist. I believe modern day feminism is about equality and fights for both men's and women's issues
  • I'm a feminist but I believe that the movement is mostly about women's issues and ignores men's issues of inequality
  • I'm a feminist and I think that men's issues are more of a focus than they should be within feminism
    Vote C
  • I'm not a feminist (explain why) but I still completely support equality. I believe both men and women have areas where they are disadvantaged within Western societies
    Vote D
  • I'm not a feminist and I think men are more disadvantaged than women in Western societies
    Vote E
  • I'm not a feminist but I do believe that women are disadvantaged within Western socities
    Vote F
  • I don't care. We're mostly equal anyway and "feminism" is just a label. I just think human beings should all be treated equally.
    Vote G

628

Most Helpful Girl

• Men are more disadvantaged than women in western societies by far and its not even close.
    Men can have almost everything taken away from them and their lives destroyed because a woman claimed she was raped by him.
    They can have their children/property taken away and have other rights/privileges taken away in courts when/if the woman decides to get a divorce. And women initiate the vast majority of divorces within the u. s. which not only hurts children but hurts men just as much.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • My parents were divorced. The judge always favored my father, even when my 4 year old brother revealed that he raped him. The judge did not listen to my mother because my father convinced the judge that he was innocent.
      He dragged out the divorce for 3 years and he might have raped my sister as well but the judge still favored him.
      My father refused to pay child support and he got let off the hook, leading my family to have to go without food. He refused to help pay for medical bills and stole money from us so he could buy whatever.

Someone else I know had a similar situation. The mother still got most of the custody but the father was let off the hook for abuse and rape.

I know more children who went through divorces and it was very, very rare when the mother was the one doing the abusing.
      Im not saying it doesn't happen but it does happen rarely.

I don't see how the mother had an advantage in either of these cases. Or how that 'hurt the men and children"

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really have a problem with feminism itself, but the large social justice warrior section of it. The ones that want equality of outcome instead of equality of opportunity. The ones that spout nonsense statistics without any critical thinking (wage gap, 1 in 5 women... etc.). The ones that campaign against male rights (for example shelters for men) and any conferences or speeches talking about them (for example talking about male suicide). The ones that want to live in a bubble and have their safe spaces and not debate about anything or talk about these issues.

So yeah, I don't identify as a feminist, but am and advocate of both men's and women's rights and equality of opportunity.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE