How can you help someone who has no motivation?

• I will tell you
  • I can't help

514

Most Helpful Guy

• Motivation comes from within.

You can't cause a person to be motivated, but you could try to find something that motivates a person:

If you don't get a job, you will be sleeping in the park.
    If you want to make a $50,000 bonus this year, then bring in $2M of additional revenue.

The biggest problem with unmotivated people is that they have alternatives that do not require them to do much. They get SNAP, they live in their parent's house, etc.

I personally find it sad when talented people are unmotivated. But I am angry at them if they think I owe them anything because my motivation brought me great success.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to find what drives them. Find something they care enough about to put the work in for. Hell for some people spite's the only motivator! Everyone has SOMETHING they care about, even at their most depressed, so find that thing, and let it be what drives the person you're trying to help.