How can you help someone who has no motivation?

How can you help someone who has no motivation?

• I will tell you
    Vote A
  • I can't help
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Motivation comes from within.

You can't cause a person to be motivated, but you could try to find something that motivates a person:

If you don't get a job, you will be sleeping in the park.
    If you want to make a $50,000 bonus this year, then bring in $2M of additional revenue.

The biggest problem with unmotivated people is that they have alternatives that do not require them to do much. They get SNAP, they live in their parent's house, etc.

I personally find it sad when talented people are unmotivated. But I am angry at them if they think I owe them anything because my motivation brought me great success.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to find what drives them. Find something they care enough about to put the work in for. Hell for some people spite's the only motivator! Everyone has SOMETHING they care about, even at their most depressed, so find that thing, and let it be what drives the person you're trying to help.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Motivate them, but don't keep trying if you've given it your all. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

1|0
    0|0
  • I will tell you. As soon as I get clearance from the Freemasons, Templar Knights, Illuminati, Lizard Aliens, Scientology, FEMA, Haliburton, The New World Order, The Federal Reserve, Citigroup, Google, Facebook, The Vatican, The Bilderberg Group, Walmart, The UN, Skull & Crossbones, The knight of Malta, Bohemian Groove, The Koch Brothers, George Soros, The Trilateral Commission, Exxonmobil, and The Zionist.

Once they have all said it's okay, I'll give you the answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure they've considered many possibilities you haven't even thought of while doing nothing alone. I mean they know themselves best and all you can do is by providing them with companionship and just don't interfere too much, if it can be figured out, they will eventually on their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well they are motivated by something. It can be painful to just around and do nothing, it can make a person feel worthless. They're motivated by something to do that. Search up the six human needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only way you can help is to find something that will help with them to feel motivated or inspired them to be motivated. If they don’t have or find that spark then nothing you do or say will help.

0|0
    0|0
  • We can do it ourselves

We just have to train our mind to be more happy and motivated.
    It takes much less time to get motivated but we've somehow gotta start and do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • if they, dont do little things then its almost impossible to help them but if its like vacuming you can show them how vacuming can be good excercise is what helps us be less lazy

0|0
    0|0
  • Give them the reason to be motivated. Influence them through your actions. Show them through your results that nothing is impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you won't have sex with him until he finds a job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Help them get a hobby.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can tell you but it would depend on the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Money and violence

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I can Tell you this Much... Being Master, If they are Following or Even if they See what I Write, I Give very Helpful Hints to try and Not Hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can’t really help someone who doesn’t want to help themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find out what motivates them and figure out a way to do it

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I have no motivation either. Maybe food?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes