Do you think Trump’s characterization of Ms-13 gang members as “animals “ accurate, or are members of the press defending Ms-13 ?

The Trump hating press is saying Trump is denegrating all immigrants by saying that, are they actually defending the animals? (Ms13 gang members)

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• They are defending Ms 13 just because they want to be against Trump. I'm a latina and I have no idea how what he said is offensive. I have heard way worse than that from latinos and white people who consider themselves to be liberal. Ms-13 is actually made up of central americans. My family is from el salvador and that gang is crazy! They are worse than animals! It originated in Cali though. I dare you guys to go to El salvador, you would probably pee your pants if you see a Ms13 gang member. It's been so bad that now the police arrest people just for having a gang member tattoo. El salvador was the murder capital of the world last year.

0|3
    0|0
    • 2d

@lotv56- thanks for your input based on first hand knowledge, that is rare on here.

• The issue is he talks about gang members as if they are representative of all Hispanic people or all immigrants. He also started his campaign by saying Mexicans are rapists, so it has been going on for a long time.

0|0
    1|3
    • 2d

@linds34- But in THIS case, he was asked specifically about Ms13, and he clearly answered in reference to them. NOT in reference to immigrants, legal or illegal. He re-stated it the next day. Yet here we are, arguing over what he said even when it is on video...

• Show All
    • 2d

No it’s not clear he doesn’t like Hispanic people...

• 2d

I call bullshit on your point that Trump called Mexicans rapists. Look it up. He said SOME of them coming across our border are rapists. That's true! Some of them HAVE been convicted for rape in the US. Trump NEVER made a blanket statement that ALL Mexicans are rapists. I am so sick and tired of liberals taking everything Trump says, totally out of context.

• He was being generous when he called them that. They probably (ms13) took it as a plus.

0|2
    0|0
    • 2d

The media isn’t defending ms13, they are mischaracterizing what he said to fir a narrative they are attached to or desire to promote.

I’m actually a little surprised... and disappointed that this got so much play without proper context.

• Show All
    • 2d

Because it’s so widespread and blatant. Even if you are deadset against trump this is painfully transparent.

• 2d

You are right, of course. The key word for me- being “painfully”...

• It was a bitch move for him to say that but what else is new.

0|0
    0|1
    • 2d

So , are you defending Ms13?

• Show All
    • 2d

Pretty clueless... lol

• 2d

Wouldn't say clueless. Seems intelligent

• I'm with Trump on this. The press will side with anyone, but Trump. I agree with Trump

0|2
    0|0
  • Trump could say the sky is blue, and the media would find a way to turn it into a big racist deal.

1|2
    1|0
  • I think he is right on. But liberals are losing their minds because they love criminals.

0|2
    1|0
  • MS13 are animals. Just read about what they do.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• The left spins the facts in whatever way is convenient. The Washington Post has published numerous stories about MS-13 and its horrors, but then criticizes the President for calling them animals.

Washington Post, December 20, 2017 MS-13 is a satanic cult that commits brutal crimes.
    www.washingtonpost.com/.../

Washington Post, May 7, 2018: MS-13 forces girls to choose between raped and being murdered
    www.washingtonpost.com/.../...6a82b05a2_story.html

Washington Post, October 11, 2017: Trump exaggerates the evil of MS-13
    www.washingtonpost.com/.../?utm_term=.ca4b45f43390

0|0
    0|0
  • The issue really isn't about Ms-13. If they were the only people he denigrates and demeans, there wouldn't be much of a problem. The real problem, is Trump repeatedly makes racist statements, and repeatedly, has taken racist stands.

0|0
    1|1
    • 2d

But in this case he was not. This question IS about the dishonesty of the biased media taking out of context a statement by the president - intentionally. You can have the opinion that he has a history of denegrating immigrants, but as I have said repeatedly- perception is everything. If you hate Ttump as you do, you will always be closed minded like you are, and immediately spin everything in a negative way, as you are doing.

• Show All
    • 2d

You are politely defining hypocrisy

• 2d

You could have said- “what a two-faced idiot!”

• That's an insult to animals. Animals are cool. Gangs like that are dirt bag of pieces of shit that should be wiped out.

0|0
    0|0
  • When the liberal press FINALLY gets their collective heads OUT of their asses and starts printing the truth, people will respect them again. This is exactly WHY Trump sends out Tweets so dang much - to bypass a LYING, dishonest, biased press.

Trump is 150% spot on in calling MS-13 gang members animals. The LAST thing he implied was that all immigrants are animals. Trump. also said "some" of them are bad hombres. Again, the press took that totally out of context. He also said "some" of them coming across the border are rapists, and criminals during his campaign. The liberal press took that out of context as well saying Trump is a racist and a xenophobe!

I have absolutely zero confidence in what the media tells. me is anywhere near true - especially liberals when it comes to Trump. If these MS-13 types are so wonderful, according to the media, then let's make CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC an open sanctuary for them. We'll see how the media changes their tune in less than a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do think its in accurate, they are much worse. They are hired by other gangs when they need to brutalize some one so badly that they themselves cannot even bring themselves to do it. You have to be a special kind of psycho scum when the run of the mill psycho scum call you in to do a job they think crosses a moral line. So if anything he was being overly generous.

As for the press, what do you expect, if trump solved world hunger, created world peace and single handedly made contact with aliens that where peaceful, brokered a deal with them to give us technology to live forever and cure all diseases, the press would still try and discredit and attack him. That's just what the extreme left does because they are terrified of the fact that they are losing the culture war.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is just the mainstream media doing what they do. President Trump was very appropriate in referring to these people (if you want to call them that) as "animals." MS-13 is absolutely brutal and beyond the pale. They behead and dismember their victims. And thankfully we have a president whose administration is going after them and getting them out of the country.

www.anorak.co.uk/.../PA-5443498.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally inaccurate. They're much worse than animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely accurate.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes