Would You Ban The Death Sentence?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's banned where I live, but I would bring it back if it was up to me. Some people are a waste of space in this world and I don't see why tax payers should be forced to feed and shelter them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes because at the very least 1/100 people on death row r not guilty now that said theirs also another reason the chemicals we use to kill the people on death row were changed and now there's a lot of cases were people r in pain long b4 the chemicals kill them which is Cruel and unusual punishment now that said in a "perfect" world were we know the guys guilty and he's on video and theirs no chance of rehabilitation then in theory i would be ok with the death penalty but we do not live in a perfect world so the answer has to be no i can not be in favor of it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• No I wouldn’t. There are just some terrible people out there that do not deserve to live or rot in jail while taking taxpayer money.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would keep some of it for people who murder people

0|0
    0|0
  • nahh

0|0
    0|0
    • to be honest like it wouldn't be bad if it would be a little harder to use, cause like one person said here, there have been some innocent people who have gotten the death penalty. but I wouldn't totally ban it because there are some pretty sick minded people out there who deserve it enough.

• Its already banned where i am

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Well I would make it harder to use, but I wouldn't ban it, no. Taking a life is unacceptable. The punishment being either life in prison or death, makes perfect sense. They need to pay for what they've done, just like any other person.

The level of severity determines the level of punishment.

0|0
    0|0
    • To say taking a person's life in cold blood is not bad enough to earn their own life taken-- via prison or cut short-- is to say that the killer's life is worth more than the victim's. That is wrong, I don't care how you spin it.

• Yes.

We make mistakes and killing someone is hard to compensate since we.. well killed them and are still quite far from a way of resurrection.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because sometimes people who are sentenced to death are innocent. That happens in something like 20% of cases in America, and it’s why Britain and Canada banned it back in the 60s.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would expand it. Make it mandatory for first degree murder, random murder of a bystander, child rapists, and drug dealers.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we cannot choose to give life to those who are die, what gives us the right to choose to take life from others.

0|0
    1|0
  • No GREATY increase its use

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Some people really deserve it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, anyone who does it should be shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn’t.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup.

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s better to see 10 guilty men walk free than to see 1 innocent man hang

• Negative.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes