What do you think about 'rape culture'? Do you think it exists?

• Yes, It does exist
  • No, It doesn't exist
  • Other
    Vote C
  • I don't know
    Vote D

511

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there's exactly a rape culture, just a sinful culture. A culture that likes sex but sex where it's okay if a person can't control their urges, it seems as if it's celebrated specifically celebrated when it comes to men who have no self control, a culture that can let their ego get in the way, a culture where accusations happen, where blaming happens. Will it ever be fixed? I don't think so. Do I wish it would be different? Ofcourse. I can't wrap my head around it. It's hard. Very hard. I have seen victim blaming infront of my own eyes. I have seen a woman who is 25 years old call a 16 year old girl a slut for having a guy stalk her.. How is it the 16 year old girls fault? I have no clue.. It's sad. I myself would rather have called the cops and show compassion to the girl and tell her about Jesus. Now that girl may never trust anyone. This is how kids get depressed and suicidal too. They become scared to share things. Jesus didn't do anything wrong and he was crucified for no reason. He was laughed at and placed in the most shameful spot which was the cross. To be crucified meant that you had to have done something so bad it's where people who were seen as the lowest of low of society placed, and jesus who broke no law, didn't even say a lie was placed. He actually took the place of a guy who was suppose to be crucified that day, but the people wanted Jesus instead so they let the other guilty guy go. so what can I expect from this world. I for sure do not expect acceptance from the world. Maybe I went too deep but That's all I have to say. This world is just going at an entire different direction. For everything it seems like people crave acceptance from people who don't even like themselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do rapists exist? Yes absolutely and fuck anyone who ever did that to someone, I hope they get their penis removed; without anesthesia.

But rape culture? No. There isn't a community of rapists who talk about their exploits. These are lonely, severely unstable men with power complexes who are antisocial. There is not a culture.
    If you get raped, tell the police and anyone you trust as soon as you can. Preferably within six days as it's easiest to prove there was penetration within that time frame.

• Just men? So rapists = Men!
      Is that what you tried to say mate?
      I’d be glad if you elaborate cuz I can’t digest this shit you know..

• @SaintRaghu the fact you just insinuated using no logic or observation that I'm a rapist proves you are an idiot.

www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence
      Victims of Sexual Violence: Statistics RAINN
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_by_gender
      Rape by gender - Wikipedia
      www.nsvrc.org/.../...s-about-sexual-violence_0.pdf
      Statistics about sexual violence - NSVRC

Do men get raped by women and do the women get away with it? Yes. But I never said they didn't as this isn't what we are disputing. Also you haven't even answered this question yourself, merely argue with others.

• Thanks for reporting my response GaG. Love it, he can call me an idiot and a dumbass but when I do it, it's all "let's report Rex!" Fuck you.