Are Masculine And Feminine Traits Socially Constructed?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Society is evolutionarily constructed. I think certain traits are on average "bred" into us, for lack of a better word. I am personally fine with it. I want to be a mom, I'm not aggressive, I like to cook, etc.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no. Studies have shown differences between males and females at early ages, even when deliberately designed neutral sex environments. Of course, some of the traits are also socially constructed. We are much more controlled by our biology than we appreciate. But of course, we also have the power of free will, choice.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t believe the studies cuz those environments are never gender neutral.

• Show All
    • An interesting observation is that even baby chimpanzees tend to choose trucks, or dolls to play with based on gender.

• @torwulf : Interesting.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, primarily. Look around you. How much do you see and hear either directly or indirectly “Be a man!” Or “Be a lady!” Boys are taught how the be masculine and girls are taught to be feminine.

1|0
    0|1
    • I hate that cuz I have both of these traits and I love living alone now, fuck friends and fuck men and fuck women.
      Life is too long to be worried about assholes cuz when you’re not an asshole it’s ‘You alone’ vs ‘The society of assholes’ so why should I give a fuck!
      And who knows I may end up with a woman worth my time someday!

• No I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, women being trained in the masculine/male frame of mind by feminism; you bet ya.

2|2
    0|0
  • Some are some aren't. Like men being stronger while women are frailer is just a biological fact, but blue being a boys color vs pink being a girls color is socially constructed.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea the strength is biological thing! I sometimes wish I wasn’t even human, you ever think about this like.. what if there’s a better species than even humans, maybe aliens, and they have a better society as well?
      Or maybe angels or anything else paranormal?

Cuz I’m sick of facing sexism in my country dude I feel like killing myself

• According to science, no. They're almost entirely biological. Differences in hormone levels and brain structure cause them.

1|0
    0|0
  • No they are the result of evolution and biology.

0|0
    0|0
  • The non-physical ones, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Men and women are inherently different

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes ofc google that shit kid

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope