If you had the chance, would you want to have been born in another country?

This implies changing your religion (depending on the country) your beliefs, adopting another culture, language, etc...If you had the chance, would you want to have been born in another country?

1630

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..." but seriously, I fee very fortunate to be from the US. Now if only I could get out of California. . .🤔

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really, to be honest.
    I mean, I think it would have been cool to be born in Norway or Sweden or Finland because these countries are a little more advanced than mine but I think Switzerland is a very good place to live overall. Plus, I would have never gotten to know some of the people that really mean a lot to me, most importantly my wife, and that alone is reason enough for me to want things the way they are.
    However, I could definitely picture myself living in one of those countries for some time. My first choice would be Sweden because I love the Swedish language and because I've always had a very big heart for Sweden, since I was a child (thank you Astrid Lindgren, Sven Nordqvist etc. for all the wonderful hours). Maybe I was a cute blond Swedish girl in my last life ;-).

• Sweden gets gayer by the day. I'm not sure I agree with you here.

• @BrianMerritt
      Eh, most of that is propaganda and fake news.
      I'm a social democrat, I like social democratic policies. I wish my country was a bit more like that.