If you had the chance, would you want to have been born in another country?

This implies changing your religion (depending on the country) your beliefs, adopting another culture, language, etc...If you had the chance, would you want to have been born in another country?

2|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..." but seriously, I fee very fortunate to be from the US. Now if only I could get out of California. . .🤔

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really, to be honest.
    I mean, I think it would have been cool to be born in Norway or Sweden or Finland because these countries are a little more advanced than mine but I think Switzerland is a very good place to live overall. Plus, I would have never gotten to know some of the people that really mean a lot to me, most importantly my wife, and that alone is reason enough for me to want things the way they are.
    However, I could definitely picture myself living in one of those countries for some time. My first choice would be Sweden because I love the Swedish language and because I've always had a very big heart for Sweden, since I was a child (thank you Astrid Lindgren, Sven Nordqvist etc. for all the wonderful hours). Maybe I was a cute blond Swedish girl in my last life ;-).

0|1
    0|0
    • Sweden gets gayer by the day. I'm not sure I agree with you here.

• @BrianMerritt
      Eh, most of that is propaganda and fake news.
      I'm a social democrat, I like social democratic policies. I wish my country was a bit more like that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• I can't imagine being anything other than Scottish, Scotland may be a cold place most of the time but it's a beautiful country and one that I'm proud of

0|2
    0|0
  • Hell yeah! Take me to somewhere in Europe! Or Canada! I feel like Ireland is where I need to be though... I don’t know why but I have this odd connection to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had once got Married in One, hun.
    Good enough. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I wish I was born in South Korea or Canada.. or Australia

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe new Zealand, Sweden, Iceland and Norway. But I think there are many country's that could be worse than Germany

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Because my country is very poor and i would like to have had a better experience and for my family.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes to change my ethnicity but America is great I would choose France though its great there right lol I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • I was born in London but I wish I was born in Singapore so that I could be Asian. Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spain

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • China

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Italy.

0|0
    0|0
  • South Korea or Italy

0|0
    0|0
    • Are you crazy about school? Like really, really, really passionate about it?

• Yes.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 29

• I wish I was born in Europe somewhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I may have liked to be born in Canada. I have never been there but my friend grew up in Canada, and he doesn't like it as much in the States. I have some things I would dislike of course, but I really like the idea of Canada. And being able to speak French. I like the accent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I wanna live in the middle East cos the age of consent over there is 6

0|0
    0|1
    • What the fuuuuuck dude. Get out of here! 😂 srsly

• Show All
    • If you are serious about this, you're sick. Not because it exist it means you have to encourage it.

• Disgusting

• Looking backwards, a different nationality would be in my favour. But this is perhaps only because I was born just where it happened to happen. And being able to have some sort of choice is partly because of my upbringing and background.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm from Center America, what do you think? 😂 But just because of the political situation, a country with a lower rate of corruption. Hate to pay taxes that they don't invert in get better my country for having luxury jubilation. And of course, we need a better education for the people because everybody here lives in a bubble. But after all, this is the beauties country I know

0|0
    0|0
  • Prob Germany east towards Russia I admire their patriotism and traditions

0|1
    0|0
  • Ye. I honestly miss korea, and feel like I would've done better there if I stayed instead of moving to the U. S. when I was young. But the U. S. isn't the worst either. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I am from turkey and I am very happy to live here.
    Friendly and hospitable people I can't find those kind of people in any other country.
    Goverment is terrible but Its something that we can change
    Maybe country is not a rich country but that doesn't mean everybody is poor here my family is in %1 in turkey even I am richer than most people in 1 st world countries so I dont have economic problem myself. Lots of people had here but from my perspective I am good.
    There was racism to turks in europa but Its something I can deal with it.

0|1
    0|0
    • In which countrys in Europe was racism to especially turks? What do you think about Kurdish people living in Turkey?

• Show All
    • Do you ever heard Türken raus

• No I haven't

• Yeah. I often give my parents shit for not borning me in Austria. I could legally live in Europe right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lot of places I also would have loved to be born and raised, but I wouldn't trade because I'm happy and lucky to have been born here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Crap no, I wouldn't change a Dern thing about me. I was born. Into the U. S. A and I would do it again.

0|0
    0|0
  • NO. I THINK EVERYONE WAS BORN SOMEWHERE FOR A SPECIAL PURPOSE.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes if future century is better off. Otherwise, I'm satisfied.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm part Irish so I some times wonder what Its like to be to grow up in Ireland (South not north)

0|0
    0|0
  • With the current rights, privilages, and freedoms I have... HELL NO!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, thanks, I'm happy as I am.

0|2
    0|0
  • Nope. I was lucky to be born in the USA.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if that country was Norway.

0|0
    0|0
  • France would have been better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i would choose a European peaceful country

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys