Why do some men believe every woman gets hit on every second of every day?

I believe for certain women this can be true, but not for the majority. I think men who believe the above question to be true probably lack real world experience or are being influenced by some MGTOW type of sources. I think this is one of many examples of men not understanding what women experience or not experience daily, a misinformed view of the other gender

4|2

Most Helpful Girl

• They obviously haven't asked a lot of women, or they only asked women who have Victoria's Secret bodies. Average women don't get hit on that often, and honestly it's rarely because they just want to get to know us, if you know what I mean (I'm sure you do)

2|1
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Not many believe that, and if they do then I agree, they don't understand. That being said, it does happen too much, in harassing or threatening ways and the fact that many women anticipate and prepare for some sort of conflict before they even leave the house is why it's a problem. Being hit on is a bad term for it, as it's not all of the problem, women are pretty much sexualized in anything they do. So it's just a constant, and whenever I guy approches or catcalls or harasses, there is a known chance that it may escalate. It adds a whole nother layer of stress and awarness that for the most part, men don't experience

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 38

• A warped understanding of how the world works, they think women get showered with attention simply because they feel lonely/excluded and they start believing extremes.
    I’ve only ever been approached once in public by a stranger who wanted to ask me out. Most of the guys I’ve known or been interested in have never really flirted with me, asked me out or made a move. Only a few of them, and usually only after I’ve made it really clear that I’m into them. Otherwise it’s rare for people to just hit on me or show interest, if we exclude gross catcalling on the street (and even that doesn’t happen all that frequently because I rarely go out at night).
    And I’m considered to be slightly above average in looks by a lot of people, I guess. But I don’t have a long line of men waiting for me to get single, who are willing to die for me or something (whatever extreme bs some guys come up with). None of the girls I’ve ever known have had any sort of ”line” of men, and most of them get hit on somewhat rarely, though that depends how often they go out. By actual good guys, it’s kinda rare to get showered with attention. They tend to be more reserved and respectful. Assholes will always scream at the top of their lungs how nice your ass is, but I don’t consider that to make a guy interesting. Also it just proves how badly they just want a reaction from you/how they want to come off as ”alpha” or some other BS, rather than proves any genuine interest in me (or any other girls) as people.

1|0
    0|1
  • Can't say this happen literally every 15 minutes, but regularly. I get hit on like every 2 days irl. But on GAG, it's every day. It really depends on who you're talking to.
    Though I know absolutely nobody who thinks that women get hit on many, many times per day.

1|1
    0|0
  • This is probably one of your very few questions that have a smart and realistic viewpoint.

Yeah most men do think that being a woman means attention 24/7 and special treatment. Couldn’t be further from the truth.

It seems more like men want to be the opposite because of this belief. So this makes most men NOT giving women attention.

0|0
    0|2
  • Women do not get hit on 24/7 a day you’re right women get glances at often but they definitely don’t get hit on all the time or we wouldn’t leave the house also what’s MGTOW?

1|1
    0|0
  • Well.. you got something right. You know shit about women

3|6
    1|3
    • Exactly, When I was with my ex girlfriend she got hit on a few times a day when we went out and by herself even more and sometimes it was aggressive and harrassing. There's a right and wrong way to go about things and for a guy to tell women how they should feel is down right disrespectful.

• @BeReal26 I liked you. Nicely done.

• More from Girls

What Guys Said 57

• because i think serves to inflate their sense of inequality in flirting, dating, etc between the genders. if you want to feel like one gender has it easy compared to another, some may create reasons that are not especially rational to confirm their sense of unfairness

0|1
    0|0
  • Some guys are just misinformed. I have a sister and it helps to clear any misinformation.

3|0
    0|0
  • I completely agree with you, but there are also a lot of women who claim to get hit on everyday, some who are not even attractive, and it leads me to wonder if a lot of women are just perceiving some statement or interaction from a guy as hitting on her when he's really not.

0|2
    0|0
  • A little bit of insecurity, a little bit of confirmation bias, a little bit of generalizing. I also imagine they're exaggerating for dramatic effect. I don't believe those guys who believe women get hit on a lot believe all women do. Like the unattractive chicks probably don't. I think what they mean is that the attractive chicks, the ones they're interested in, get a lot of attention. They might observe this in real life or they might see it online. For example, there's already several girls who answered saying they get hit on on almost a daily occurrence. Then there's girls on this site that say their attractive friends get hit on every time they go out. So, with a little help from selection bias its easy to make the conclusion that attractive women get lots of attention. Perhaps not daily, but enough to make a guy assume he has no chance with her. Now what constitutes attention is a broad bag. Online, cat-calling, stares, random approaches, physical advances, etc. That all falls under attention, so its not hard to conclude that attractive women get attention. However, if we were to shorten this list to how often they get asked out on a date, I think it wouldn't be as often as we think.

0|0
    0|0
  • I call B. S. not that men don't believe this,.. but women are just as guilty! Every interaction I have with a women turns into "she was flirting with you!" From my ex wife, g/fs even platonic female friends seem to get catty and defensive of me when I talk to a waitress, or a female class mate, or a girl at the gym, w/e it is

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes