Have you heard of independent journalist and activist Tommy Robinson being jailed by the British government for streeming about child sexual abuse?

Here's the article about it - it's not long:
Arrest Rapidly Scrubbed From the Internet

It seems that in the UK, it is now illegal to report on any bad activities done by people of Muslim belief.

430

Most Helpful Girl

• You give up the moral high ground, when you claim a victory from a technicality. Most people see this for what it is...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Care to elaborate?

• The side that wants to block Tommy Robinson wants to block him on a technicality. He is in contempt of court because he has been convicted of contempt of court before... so...

• Oh okay now I got it.

Most Helpful Guy

• The case is not allowed to be reported on until the conclusion. This prevents news (which is generally spun in one direction or another) from effecting the jury which should make their conclusion soley based on the evidence in court.

The case will still be reported upon, just after the jury has made a decision. I'm not saying whether this is right or not, just noticed nobody here bothered to mention the reason why and wanted to give both sides of the story. (coincidentally... Maybe this has something to do with why judges do this xD)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Tommy was also under a suspended sentence for a similar crime in 2017 which means he is held in contempt of court.