Are All Terrorists Bad?

I want you to share your opinion! Elaborated opinions appreciated! #Terrorist #Terrorism

It exists many different types of terrorists. Here's some examples on organizations that does terrorism: ISIS, Al-Qaeda, IRA, Army Of God, Hamas etc.

My Opinion:
Most terrorists does both bad actions and have intentions that doesn't make sense at all, but it do exist terrorists that may have some good intentions as well. I think terrorists do bad actions, but not everyone are entirely bad. The intention counts too. But pacifistic solutions is the best one, but not everyone believes in it sadly. The terrorists during the French revolution wanted freedom, In the US in the past some wanted to free the slaves and some people fought against segregation though terrorism around the world. Some bombers does it to save innocent children.
  • Yes (Explain why, please)
  • No, sometimes it's necessary (Explain why, please)
  • The intention may be good, but the action would always be bad (Explain why)
    Vote C
  • Other (Explain what and why)
    Vote D

2074

Most Helpful Girls

• There's no thing as good or bad on this world. They do bad things. They take Some of the terrorists family as hostage and make them to kill or explode themselves in order to save them. Or they are being brain washed into this thinking if they die when they kill others they'll go to heaven. Or god wants them to do this. They don't actually understand what they do is bad. They believe in something and they do what they think is right.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I had a discussion with a coworker the other day about terrorism, religion, intentions, etc., and I played the devil's advocate. I'll leave religion out of it, but I will say that every person who commits a terrorist act believes the resulting carnage will benefit whatever their cause is. They believe they're doing the right thing, however cruel the action may be. I will never defend the actions of terrorists, but in an attempt to understand them, I came to the conclusion that in their eyes, they are right, and they believe what they are doing is right. Generally, I personally consider anyone who intentionally harms innocent people a bad person, but I will say that I understand the difference in thought between myself and people who can commit such atrocities. I don't believe they are all bad people. I believe many are severely misinformed people who are desperately trying to do the right thing in the worst possible wrong way.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You believe nobody should harm anybody. They don't believe that. Who is right?

• That's the thing. I think I am, they think they are. If you're asking me, I'm right. Ask them, they are. The same with religion. Every religion believes they are the one true religion. So who is right?

• Exactly.

Most Helpful Guys

• What do you mean by bad? What do you mean by terrorist? In general I'd say yes, but I don't think that the slaves who revolted and ended up killing their slave master are necessarily wrong. I don't think a person who kills another in self defense is immoral. I don't think rebels who throw off an oppressive government are necessarily bad. Life is complex.
    I haven't answered the poll yet.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Terrorists are people who use violence and attacks people because of a political cause. Breivik bombed a government building and shot members of a political party because he was disagreeing in their immigrant policies. Hamas attacks people in Israel because they wants freedom from Israel. Some activists bombs abortion clinics because they believes a child's life is a human right.

With "bad" I mean if you thinks terrorists are always entirely bad, they're doing a bad action (something wrong) - but may have some good intention or if terrorism is sometimes justified for the greater good.

• Right. A rebel throwing off an oppressive regime (like the American Revolutionary War) is technically a terrorist act. I think it was also justifiable, just for one example.

• I always loved Christian Bale's example of Moses and how he would be considered a terorrist in today's world.
    I think terrorism and whether its a noble cause or not can vary. I mean the Rebels in Star Wars were terrorists (first example that came to mind, sorry that its not a real world one). So no, I think terroism is defined as good or bad depending entirely on your place in the world. If you're the victim then its bad but if its for your cause then suddenly its labelled things like "freedom fighting" or any other term that isn't "terrorism".

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • In the star wars EU the rebels are often explicitly called terrorists by the imperial and some imperial citizens