Do you consider yourself politically correct?

• Yes
  • No

2574

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends on who I'm around. Generally I'm polite and I think about how to avoid offending people before I speak. I just like to get along with others. But if I'm around my dad, who believes in political correctness but is not politically correct himself, not at all. And when it comes to what I watch or laugh about, no. Life is too short to be politically correct all the time. I'll start taking it more seriously when the people demanding political correctness aren't committing actual crimes and harassing people... Until that happens, I think they just want to control something.

You can't throw a potato at somebody because they didn't say "please" when they asked for the butter and then lecture them about proper table manners.

• No. Because being politically correct means I have to even sensor my beliefs and Preaching the truth about Lord Jesus Christ. Political correctness means I can't say the simple truth that there are only two genders. Political correctness says I can't critize obvious bad decisions, or policy's, and it means I can't even say mother or father on a college campus because I might offend someone...

Political correctness came straight from the pits of hell, eventually it will lead to the silence, and then persecution of Christianity, and lead to the rise of the Anti-christ whom will claim Christians are evil, mean, backwards, bigots and we need to be eliminated. The Book of Revalations speaks of this

• Revelation* and I don't believe that it means that. At least not for me. I still talk about Jesus and being a Christian and all that. And I feel like most people consider PC to be a liberal thing whereas religion and stuff is more conservative.

Though you're not totally wrong about the censoring and persecution stuff.

Most Helpful Girls

• I’m beginning to really hate the use of this phrase.

There are times where I am necessarily polite. There are times when I disagree with a mischaracterization that distorts reality to address someone’s misplaced feelings.

I don’t consider myself pc, but I’m not out waging war against it either.

I just don’t understand the value in something that I see as meaningless at best or distorted at worst. Clearly there are some that see value in it... roughly 25% of gaggers. So i expect it’s a definitional difference between how people think about what that phrase means.

• Nobody (including myself) even knows what political correctness is supposed to be anymore. Everyone has a different idea about it. So really, I don't know. Am I? To some (most people on GaG for sure) I most certainly am. A lot of people IRL tell me that I'm quite politically incorrect though.