Do you consider yourself politically correct?

• Yes
  • No

2574

What Guys Said 74

• when need be yes

• "Politically correct" means saying what you're told to say, even when you know it's a lie. It was originally used in the Soviet Union, and it meant that what you were saying wouldn't get you a surprise one-way trip to Siberia courtesy of the KGB.

• 6d

Not to me

• 5d

And I haven't met one person who is PC that isn't doing it because they think that signaling virtue justifies them being assholes to everyone.
      Look at the treatment Laci Green received for daring to talk to the other side.
      Have you considered that the reason people who are making it clear that they don't like PC are acting like assholes because they've been treated like shit by the Politically Correct crowd?

• 5d

Yup I have. I'll argue that there are assholes on both sides of the spectrum. PC or anti-PC.

• No and I would never even consider not saying or doing something just because it might hurt the subjective view that people hold regarding anything in this world and beyond. PC culture is retarded because you can literally just say "blue" and offend an army of people. Fuck that

• Absoloutly not... people now a days are too fucking sensitive to everything... like the fact its wrong to wear a headdress... wtf!!! Also i dont give a fuck if someone is gay or not... i dont think they are special enough to deserve a month dedicated to them... people need to cool down... also i have a headdress and its cause i think its fashionable and i promote that but u will always get one of those know it all people who get offended if u dont fucking Tie ur shoe laces in the right way

• to an extent I mean I don't get easily offended however I am not going to go out and call a black person the N word. I also feel as if the anti PC conservatives are somewhat PC themselves where you if you say the slightest anti American thing they will lose their shit

• No. Because being politically correct means I have to even sensor my beliefs and Preaching the truth about Lord Jesus Christ. Political correctness means I can't say the simple truth that there are only two genders. Political correctness says I can't critize obvious bad decisions, or policy's, and it means I can't even say mother or father on a college campus because I might offend someone...

Political correctness came straight from the pits of hell, eventually it will lead to the silence, and then persecution of Christianity, and lead to the rise of the Anti-christ whom will claim Christians are evil, mean, backwards, bigots and we need to be eliminated. The Book of Revalations speaks of this

• 5d

Revelation* and I don't believe that it means that. At least not for me. I still talk about Jesus and being a Christian and all that. And I feel like most people consider PC to be a liberal thing whereas religion and stuff is more conservative.

Though you're not totally wrong about the censoring and persecution stuff.

• Depends on who I'm around. Generally I'm polite and I think about how to avoid offending people before I speak. I just like to get along with others. But if I'm around my dad, who believes in political correctness but is not politically correct himself, not at all. And when it comes to what I watch or laugh about, no. Life is too short to be politically correct all the time. I'll start taking it more seriously when the people demanding political correctness aren't committing actual crimes and harassing people... Until that happens, I think they just want to control something.

You can't throw a potato at somebody because they didn't say "please" when they asked for the butter and then lecture them about proper table manners.

• No, I have a sense of humor and don't take things too seriously.
    My favorite comedian is Dave chapelle.
    Go watch his netflix specials to see what I mean

• 6d

I don't find him funny

• 6d

It's blasphemy that's what it is geez... oh well I guess we can never be friends

• 6d

Lol I guess not.

• Absolutely not, i eat meat, I love fur coats because they are so nice and soft and love to act crazy now and then. I try to be a decent person but not politically correct

• 6d

Lol what does eating meat have to do with anything

• 6d

In Netherlands, where I live, the political correct opinion would be to eat less meat an only bilogical, etc. So admitting to eat meat is more and more not politically correct here.

• Not That much... but I understand sometimes it’s necessary
    I prefer just saying what you feel lol... but people get sooo pissy as if you have to be politically correct or omg you’re the worst person ever

While that same politically correct person is thinking in her head how she wants to back stab you lol...

• No and i strongly dislike those that are politically correct and thing every one else should be. Mainly leftists and feminists

• Oh god no. Are you kidding? Just ask all of my blockers. LOL

• Well to be extremely honest, only dummies would ask that question. Since we believe in something and following that ideology wouldn’t create doubts about right or wrong.

• Little one. Please define what you think political correctness is. I am afraid your definition is vastly different than the one most in GaG use.

• 6d

Lol, little one? That's cute. My definition of political correctness is saying what you gotta say without going outta your way to offend someone when you say it 🤷🏾‍♀️

• 6d

Lol so you're a giant

• 6d

My ex used to crack me up with that. Some days I was really tall. Other days I was "normal". She was 5'6".

• I don't know really. I never make racist, sexist, or homophobic comments. Even though I believe gender is binary, I am willing to refer to someone by whatever pronoun they wish, as soon as they explicitly notify me.

However, I do all of these things of my own accord. I am vehemently opposed to any and all political action that aims to place any limits on speech whatsoever.

I suppose you could say that I am voluntarily politically correct. Unless the definition of political correctness already denotes the use of force, in which case I wouldn't be politically correct at all.

Let's just say that I am a free speech advocate who also happens not to be a bigot of any kind. That'll suffice.

• I'm definitely not PC, but I don't go out of my way to offend people just to show that I'm not PC like some do.

• Anyone who says they are is a liar, because no one understands what political correctness actually is.

• Not even remotely, and fuck anyone who has a problem with it 😊

• No. However I don't have the intention of being obnoxiously offensive, I'd much rather have a nice discussion letting one another defend what they believe, maybe take some direct shots at each others beliefs as to cause deeper thought, but trying to avoid the personal attacks.

But no I am not politically correct.

• I dunno. I guess not. I say whatI wanna say because it's what I believe in but I don't (usually) go and say imflammatory stuff just to trigger people.

• More from Guys
    54

What Girls Said 25

• Nobody (including myself) even knows what political correctness is supposed to be anymore. Everyone has a different idea about it. So really, I don't know. Am I? To some (most people on GaG for sure) I most certainly am. A lot of people IRL tell me that I'm quite politically incorrect though.

• I'm the total opposite, I actually get messages detailing how much people hate me on this site lol.

• I’m beginning to really hate the use of this phrase.

There are times where I am necessarily polite. There are times when I disagree with a mischaracterization that distorts reality to address someone’s misplaced feelings.

I don’t consider myself pc, but I’m not out waging war against it either.

I just don’t understand the value in something that I see as meaningless at best or distorted at worst. Clearly there are some that see value in it... roughly 25% of gaggers. So i expect it’s a definitional difference between how people think about what that phrase means.

• Definitely not. I'm willfully ignorant and offensive. But it isn't my fault. I just don't understand why the Chinese can't use forks and spoons like normal people is all.

• Absolutely not. Some think that being politically correct equals being respectful, but I can be respectful while disagreeing with popular opinions.

• Yea and no. Yea, cause I don't say blatantly racist stuff. But no because I laugh at stuff some people would get upset at.

• I detest PC culture. I prefer the idea that I may not like what you have to say but I'll die for your right to say it. PC culture goes past common courtesy and has become a tool for the radical lefts to suppress free speech and diversity of thought

• Yes. It’s not hard to be polite and respectful of others.

• 6d

You're not automatically rude and disrespectful if you aren't PC.. And being PC doesn't mean you're automatically polite and respectful.

• I mean it depends I guess some stuff i accept but some things I just see as bullshit

• I'm not politically correct BUT I do understand that there is a difference between political correctness and decency.

• Nope lol, i mean i am to a extent obviously but not really, and i don't want to be.

• Nope in fact I'm so Politically Incorrect and I'm an embarrassment to society. 👍

• No not at all... but I am polite...

• God no. No sense getting offended over nonissues.

• Most certainly not!

• Far from it.

• I hate politics

• Nope

• I'm definitely not PC.

• Oh gosh no

• More from Girls
    5