What do you think about the idea of political correctness?

As in, you can no say things that are offensive to someone.

2369

Most Helpful Girls

• Political correctness appeases the ones with feeble senses and safeguards the ones who are repulsed by the truth.

As a concept, political correctness seems arbitrary and vague because what constitutes as 'offensive' to one individual may be tolerable to another.

Through enjoining people in the use of 'acceptable' terminologies, political correctness impedes unrestrained, benevolent discussion by blatant adherence to identity politics. Political correctness is a potent threat to the diversity of thought.

• I think we're at a point where political correctness is, to at least some extent, getting in the way of sharing ideas and having meaningful dialogue. There's an understandable level of pushback against people espousing political correctness, who are seen as trying to silence dissent. I completely understand the frustration of feeling unable to speak freely because of the fear of being labelled transphobic, sexist, rascist, homophobic, or otherwise bigoted.

In my opinion, idealistic as it may sound, if we can be civil and generally empathetic towards one another, there shouldn't be a need for political correctness.

Most Helpful Guys

• I believe to have a civil society, there should be customs and protocols. Political correctness carries it too far, but we can’t just walk around shouting racial epithets at one another, or things will degenerate quickly. On the other hand, I think it is big brother thoughtcrime to force everyone to use Politically Correct terms for groups. I still believe in free speech, as long as we can do it intelligently. I believe in diversity in the use of language. I don’t believe a man should lose the company he worked to build for decades because he used one “n-word” in public. And as I learn more details, it was the interviewer who led him into using it. That is pure bullshit. The interviewer had an agenda.

• "but we can’t just walk around shouting racial epithets at one another"

Not that I condone it, but why not? Should words merit violence?

• Then you can expect more conflict in our society. We will never be a peaceful or gentle society.

• Yes. That's a price to pay for freedom.

• The problem is that sometimes the truth is offensive.

For example, the MS-13 gang is a problem. Yes, they're comprised of Mexican Americans, but that doesn't mean that we need to give them a free pass to avoid looking racist. I can handle being called racist if it means getting kidnappers, drug dealers, and murderers off the streets. When Trump calls them "Animals" he's not far from the mark. The only reason People take issue with kidnappers, drug dealers, and murders being called animals, is that those "Animals" just so *happen* to be Mexican. In the PC world you're ONLY allowed to insult people if they're white. Everybody else needs to be protected even if they're vile criminals.

Being unable to address serious problems due to the fact that the perpetrator happens to be a minority is not sustainable. Criminals need to be locked up regardless of their skin color.

• Here's the ridiculous: the ms_13 members that are being deported and sent back are getting killed in their country by either the gang it's self or the cops, basicly that gang is struggling because of that and their calling trump racist for that and that they need "help" this is ridiculous.
      Murderers getting murdered and complaining about it lol

• https://youtu (dot) be/H_bmFJRcseg