Why does today's society put pressure on those whom are virgins?

In today's society it seems as if being a virgin is a negative. It is a turn-off for many, but why? What is wrong with being a virgin? Why do we discriminate against them?Why does today's society put pressure on those whom are virgins?

82

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that, as well as sexuality in some senses has become more open with the younger generation and sexual practice more unlimited; so has religion gotten less followers or less hold on how we view the world /social structures /own life choices.

There are different things at play.

To be a virgin today is in someways looked upon as either prude or religious, other ways as socially awkward. Neither of these are necessarily true.

The only thing that will matter, is what you think of you. That's who you need to be true to ❤️

Most Helpful Guy

• Only men

• What do you mean?

• I don’t experience it that way.

But if it is that way it’s kinda justified.

a male who sleeps around a lot is praised. a female who sleeps around a lot is shamed.

• I can see both sides