Why does today's society put pressure on those whom are virgins?

In today's society it seems as if being a virgin is a negative. It is a turn-off for many, but why? What is wrong with being a virgin? Why do we discriminate against them?Why does today's society put pressure on those whom are virgins?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that, as well as sexuality in some senses has become more open with the younger generation and sexual practice more unlimited; so has religion gotten less followers or less hold on how we view the world /social structures /own life choices.

There are different things at play.

To be a virgin today is in someways looked upon as either prude or religious, other ways as socially awkward. Neither of these are necessarily true.

The only thing that will matter, is what you think of you. That's who you need to be true to ❤️

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Only men

1|0
    1|0
    • What do you mean?

• Show All
    • I don’t experience it that way.

But if it is that way it’s kinda justified.

a male who sleeps around a lot is praised. a female who sleeps around a lot is shamed.

• I can see both sides

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Because nowadays 12 year olds are having sex, it’s become the norm. Also, this generations failing relationships have turned to increased hook ups. Nobody who’s looking for just sex wants to be someones first time.

3|1
    0|0
  • No one gives a shit if you're a virgin. You put pressure on yourself for some reason

1|0
    0|0
  • Where do you see proof of society seeing virgins as a negative thing? I’ve only heard people on GAG say it, but I’ve never heard or seen someone anywhere else say it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because you’re looked at as if you were gay and being gay is not acceptable to most people (explanation of guys)

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess people just feel more uncomfortable if they can't relate to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's been that way since at least the 60s', nothing new...

0|0
    0|0
    • I wasn't around in the 60s so I didn't know that

• Its viewed negatively purely because of how sexualized our media and society is. Since the early ages of America, it was a huge triumph for a man to sleep with a woman. Whereas, it was shameful for a woman to sleep with a man before marriage.
    Personally, I think it's somewhat like a pride mentality (lions). Whichever male has the most females is deemed more powerful than the other males until overthrown in combat. Either way, the one with the most tail is considered more attractive and experienced.

I think its more attractive when your signifigant other is a virgin. Psychologically, it shows they are far less interested in f*cking you than those who aren't virgin.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

Recommended myTakes