It's been a month since we broke up. Does he care and does he want to get back together?

Anonymous
Ok, so this is a little long, but I have to explain everything. I met this guy in school and we've know each other for about 9 months. We are both adults. We were friends for about 6 months and we started dating and we became boyfriend and girlfriend later on. But, I had to move to a different state and we had to have a long distance relationship. He was a little nervous but he was optimistic and wanted the relationship to work. And, I did too. I wasn't crazy in love with him but because he's a nice guy, I thought I should give it a chance.

When I moved, we would talk on the phone all the time and we would skype. Everything was fine, he would talk about visiting me for Christmas and I would visit him for his birthday. But within a week of being away he started a fight with me about his facebook account which I thought was suspicious. He had given me his password and I gave him mine. So, one day I wanted to show my mom a picture of him which I couldn't see through me profile so I logged into his and showed it. But, he got a notice that someone from a different state entered his account. He got upset, and mad which didn't make sense because it's just facebook and it's not like you have anything serious and I wouldn't do anything.

When we fought he said to me "you're a nice girl but..." and this bothered me. I talked to him very calm and told him that it wasn't necessary for him to get this bothered over something so small. But, this is not the first time that he did this to me. One time he didn't contact me (when we lived in the same place) for two days because he was "thinking" and I forgave him. Also, he told one of his friends something that I had told him and I forgave him. One time he let me cry and left to go help his friend and I forgave him.

Let's get to the point. Before I left he promised me a gift but he said he'll mail it because I wouldn't have space. He never did. So, one night I start the "break up conversation" where I tell him "what's the deal with the gift and why are you disrespecting me..." He said "I didn't know how to start this conversation..." Anyways, it led to me breaking up with him and telling him to not call me anymore or text or be on my facebook.

Two weeks later, he sent me an email telling me that he did and still does care about me. He said he didn't want to hurt me and he wants us to remain friends and communicate from time to time. I sent him two of his t-shirts back and texted him 5 days later saying "a break up is a break up and I'm moving on" He didn't respond to the text. He didn't say lets be friends or I'll call you and we can talk.

In reality, I was mad and many times I wanted to pick up the phone and tell him that he didn't deserve me. I gave him a lot of my things and he gave me nothing (not even that gift that he promised).

Anyways, I wanted you guys to give me some advice on whether this person cared for me because he did cry when I left and he did call me 3 times a day. what do you think?
0
2