How long did it take you to realize what you want in life?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm 32 and I'm still not completely sure what I want. I'm not certain about most of the things in my life.

2|1
    0|0
  • 21 years. My life changed a lot when I turned 21 and I realized what was going on around me, so I made some important decisions.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's changed over the years. I've done a lot of stuff. More than most people ever will.

Here's the conclusion I came to. The only thing that matters in life is the lives you touch in a positive way. The way you win at life, is to have lots of people who remember you at your death.

0|0
    0|0
  • At 25, I thought I had it together
    At 26, I realized I was wrong and needed to catch up.
    At 27 and 28, my engines were on constant afterburner.
    At 29, I stopped and caught a breather
    At 30, I realized I did a good job catching up, Im 40 now and even today Im reevaluating my goals.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• My entire life. I realized I want to save/rescue animals and advocate for them; for their right to life

0|0
    0|0
  • I realized at about 8 the basics of what i wanted when it comes to a carreer, where i want to live etc. But you want more and more things as life moves on

0|0
    0|0
  • That realization is constantly evolving, and being rerealized all throughout my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not 21 years 🙄 I’m still trying to figure it out

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m 36 & I still don’t know 😂🙈🤷🏼‍♀️

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm still looking... brb

0|0
    0|0
  • few months

0|0
    0|0
  • Still searching

0|0
    0|0
  • Still dont know what I want to do...

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe 25 years lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Not long but it took me long to realize what I had

0|0
    0|0
  • Forever

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 40

• Uhh, I don't know that I've gotten there yet. At least through college though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think when I was 18, and got cheated on by my girlfriend at that time, I realized nothing made me happier than being in love, so it's become the only thing I truly desire in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a rough childhood , since i can remember the struggle and pain i always knew my life goal is a stable and happy future for myself and my family. But it depends from person to person. While for example someone who was sick wants to become a doctor , our past influences that choice quite a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think i was 14 when i wrote down a list of that on paper. i had 12 points and it hasn't changed, im still crossing those out one by one.

everyone knows what they want if you think it through with a clear mind and an opened heart, trust me. just take enough time to think about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am 21 and still don't know what I want, im only going in for pipe welding cause it will help me make the most money for a family in the future

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe once I found out my childhood dream of engineering required a bloody huge amount of math,

and later / now when I got into hats, sports logos, and design.

0|0
    0|0
    • so maybe work in hats, or sports team / sports related design, or logo design, or something else not related

• 24 and still figiring shit out. Everyone goes at their own pace. Life isn't a race. The goal should be to enjoy as much as you can.

0|0
    0|0
  • About 40 years but not long after I realized what I want is probably never going to happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • 19 years. I finally know what I want just months ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only about 9 or 10 years... But over 40 more years of struggles to realize those desires.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im nearing 27 and I'm still looking. You got to have something to drive or protect

0|0
    0|0
  • 23 and still going on. It's not a target i think. It's a journey you just gotta choose a path

0|0
    0|0
  • I just want to love my girlfriend that's all

2|0
    0|0
  • I still dont know mate

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea what I want in life

1|1
    0|0
  • I have yet to realize what I want.