How do you feel about gas prices rising?

How do you feel about the gas prices? Do you think it’s fair? Do you agree or disagree?

How do you feel about this article? Discuss!

“Drivers traveling on summer’s last big weekend face the highest Labor Day gas prices since 2014, but higher inventories and lower demand for gasoline are expected to reduce costs at the pump as the peak driving season comes to an end.

How far and how long gasoline prices will fall, of course, depend on crude prices, which have rallied this week as supplies appear to tighten

U. S. gasoline inventories, however, remain about 5 percent above the five-year average, despite declining by 1.6 million barrels last week, the Energy Department reported Wednesday. Demand spiked ahead of the three-day weekend, according to the Energy Department, but average consumption this summer has been softer compared to last season in part because of higher gas prices.

Experts say that plentiful supplies and waning demand will likely provide additional relief to motorists after Labor Day, which ends the busy summer driving season and begins a shift to cheaper, winter-grade gasoline. Rising crude oil prices, however, could slow or offset those declines, particularly if U. S. sanctions on Iran continue to curtail global supplies.

“You can expect gas prices to drop, but the question is by how much,” said Denton Cinquegrana, chief oil analyst for IHS Markits’ Oil Price Information Service.

Gas prices this summer increased alongside crude oil prices to reach their highest levels since 2014. Nationally, gas prices are expected to average $2.84 a gallon over the holiday weekend, about 20 cents higher than last year, according to GasBuddy, which tracks prices nationwide.”

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's a natural result of economics.
    If you don't like it, then don't drive.
    If you have to drive, get an electric car or a hybrid, then you will be less impacted by the fluctuation in gas prices.

I'm still trying to recover from when the price of gas went above $0.99/gallon in the late 1970s.

0|0
    0|0
  • despite what someone "feels" about it, there's not much they can do to make a change. logical recourse is to ween ones self from gasoline.
    bit of advice: it's best to do one's homework as soon as possible after its being assigned AND use one's own research/educated rationale to justify their own answer.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Cheaper there than it is in Oregon. Last time I got gas it was $3.39 a gallon but it depends on how much the state adds to your prices for taxes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its unfair but the gasoline market is fierce and I can almost asure you that if someone came up with a car that only works with air that person idea would be bought by a company to never be used again or the person will be dead by the next day. It's all about money

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• It's still cheaper than it was in 2006 to 2007 when I was going to school. Back then it was $4.90 per gallon. Of course on TV they said another city had it the highest at $4.40 per gallon. They were just dumb and didn't show how high it really was.
    Right now where I am it is $3.65 per gallon for premium.

0|1
    0|0
    • I said that. But all these liberals want to scream about Trump.

• I think America needs to do more offshore drilling so we can lessen our dependency on other countries for oil. But this is a complex issue far more than just about prices and I'm not really knowledgeable enough about the global ramifications of the US exiting the consumer role in oil.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not a question of fair
    It is supply and demand free market economy capitalism
    The US actually tends to manipulate the price to make it cheaper
    It costs more in Europe and has as long as I can remember

1|1
    0|0
    • true, but it doesn't affect me as of right now the only thing i need is Euro 95 which costs me 4 or 5 euros to fill the tank of my scooter which is alright.

• It's a good thing!
    We shouldn't have been using them in the first place since the start of the 1960's. or with any fuel that gives othe gas products than water steam or other kind of waste product for using it.

0|0
    0|0
  • When gas prices go up its the only time people think about conservation. When gas was cheap you saw the SUVs get bigger and bigger and burning more gas than ever.
    Then when prices skyrocketed 2007, people started to consider
    -Maybe I don't need to drive around in full size truck since I hardly ever haul anything
    -Maybe since I'm single w/no kids its kind of ridiculous to drive around in this suburban, Hummer, Navigator

0|0
    0|0
  • This is the kind of thing that puts me of driving tax, insurance and fuel price rises if i got my driving licence now I would be paying through the roof for a car thats why i didn't learn to drive... mostly its just of an expense nowadays

0|0
    0|0
  • Well my opinion is actually rather biased in the fact that not only are there oil barons but gasoline barons in the world. Not to mention most people out in the country rely on their mineral rights profits.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's running out, eventually it's going to be millions per gallon, nothing we can do but prolong it by being greener

0|0
    0|0
  • I just paid $61 for gas last night. It may not help that I drive a 14mpg car but it's worth it. Rising prices is something that's unfortunate but I'll live.

0|0
    0|0
  • i thought people are switching to electric cars or will eventually switch

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• Seems to be a well informed article discussing the laws of supply and demand while also introducing certain higher costs that could offset the higher supplies which traditionally would reduce price.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could only wish our gas prices in Canada were so low as 2.84. Where I live it is $1.40 or more a liter which comes out to about $5.60 a gallon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gas is $2.42 a gallon here. After Katrina gas was $2.50 a gallon. So gas prices really hasn’t risen.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's tough. It's 1,50 € Was it expensive. I wish it is lower than that

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes me gassy :p

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel robbed

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I remember when it was $4.69 so...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes