Does "White culture" exist?

Something I've been thinking about recently is how many people when speaking about race seem to default to white America being "white culture". Yet as an Englishman I don't relate to it. And I'm sure every other white person who is not American would agree. I mean an African American to me is still American and I actually see more similarities between those two groups than African Americans and... African Africans. I mean even European culture, is vastly different so why should we think that the amount of melanin we have is a cultural thing?
6d
Update: Wow thank you everyone for answering and thank you more for keeping it civil. I did worry that I was fuelling a fire with this question and am glad everyone's been generally respectful.

1247