Is donating to charity just as good as taking physical action for the charity?

We've all seen the videos of people rescuing hurricane survivors, saving neglected animals, and giving food to 3rd world countries and we all think they're great people for getting out of their own way to do these things. But what about the people who can't do anything physical, but donated some of their own money to fund the people doing the physical work. Are they just as charitable?
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
  • OTHER (explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, both types of contributions are needed. I don't think it's that helpful to try and rank who is doing more.

0|1
    0|0
    • I totally agree with you, but for some reason people want to put ranks on them. How many times have you heard someone said "I did more than you so that means I'm better than you" while both are doing good. I think people who say that like the smell of their own farts. But at the same time, they did help.

• I think that about people who post their donations on Facebook, they just want to show how great they are to their friends. But same thing, the charity did get some money out of it so it's not too bad.

• I mean, I think posting your donations is only smugy if you make it smugy. If you show off your donation to be smug about it, then I think your a dick, but if your posting it to encourage other people to donate, then your doing something good.

What Guys Said 1

• They still need the supplies and such that donations bring.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes