Homosexuality, in general, is a lifestyle choice comparable to smoking and drinking?

• True
    Vote A
  • False
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
6d
If it’s not a lifestyle choice, then what is it?

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• It's a choice

1|1
    2|1
    • 6d

Oh, so I suppose chose to be attracted to women? I mean, how else would you know?

• 6d

Yes u chose to be attracted to women.

Most Helpful Guys

• Would it matter if it was? But no, unless you see smoking sheep and other animals your comparison is ridiculous

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

In general, as in the majority of it is, and the minority has natural biological influence.

• Show All
    • 6d

I appreciate you helping me with this

• 6d

Well you still clearly come at it from the position of its wrong, which I would wager is entirely based on a religious upbringing. It's really helpful to separate religion from everything else then you can judge things on their own merits without preconceptions. I really don't think you can choose what gender you like but we clearly won't agree on that so this is now going to be a circular argument.

• I question whether homosexuals are genuine biologically drawn to others of the same sex. I have always wondered that a choice to exercise homosexual actions isn't a mental choice. Your comparison to smoking and drinking seems a big stretch.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• That's false

For example, I was born bisexual but later acted on it

0|1
    0|0
  • People are born to a sexual orientation. Not sure why it would be a choice if they will get kill because they are gay in many parts of the world

Also why you care?

0|1
    0|0
  • They were born gay, and it is not a lifestyle choice

2|2
    0|0
  • Homosexuality is not a choice, nor is it a lifestyle. If being gay was a choice, most LGBT people would simply choose to be heterosexual... because there's still a lot of discrimination, intolerance, ridicule and hatred for the LGBT crowd. Nobody would CHOOSE that.

"Lifestyle" is a way of styling your life, be it as a Harley enthusiast, an outdoor fanatic or a Martha Stewart devotee. Lifestyles can change too based on income, interests and popular culture.

Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. It means who you are attracted to. No more, no less.

1|1
    0|0
  • ... well like... is heterosexuality a choice?

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not

0|1
    0|0
  • Homosexuality is not a lifestyle choice

1|2
    0|0
  • False

0|1
    0|0
  • It's 100% a choice. Recently (only recently) a lot of big magazines & such have been trying to push that it's genetic or neurological (like extrovert/introvert) but extensive testing has been done & proved both wrong. BUT that doesn't mean they always *feel* like they have a choice.

It's very common for people in alternate sexual relationships to have endured severe trauma (bad family split/mistreatment etc) or abuse growing up (85% of 30,000 surveyed). Those who go through this kind of thing *can* find trust, being independent & feeling loved & worthy extremely difficult. Common human response to this are clinging to any kind of love/acceptance even enduring mistreatment or demanding to be treated a certain way & not always understanding how it affects others. So much so that you get stats like 70% (more than 1 in 2) of alternate sexual people have been abused by their partner in the last week. That's abuse, so, non-consentual mistreatment.

So you end up with a cycle of people feeling unworthy, undeserving & almost expecting mistreatment who possibly haven't known anything different & society is expecting them to know both sides & make a fully informed decision. Do you know only 5% of alternate sexuals in America actively chose that lifestyle themselves without being abused or coerced? Now, people are going to choose what they're going to choose but when you have stats like this and the ones above it tells me there's a lot more going on than we think there is and, that we're probably asking the wrong questions altogether.

0|1
    3|2

What Guys Said 10

• Dear god, is this still a thing?

Homosexuality is a state of being, pure and simple. Attraction to members of the opposite gender isn't a choice anyone can possible make. I don't even have the capacity.
    Augh, I can't even.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems religious freaks believe it's a life style choice, and that you can be cured from it.
    Being homosexual harms no one, in fact being gay seems to come with exceptional talent across a wide range of subjects.
    The male homosexuals i came to know were all good guys and great fun. I got to know them through my brother who was gay. Another great guy who was extremely talented.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know people will say it isn't, but I watched a prison show once and this girl said, "Me and a bunch over women went in there straight and came out bi."
    It's like pirates in the old days.
    Humans need to fuck, and if you're surrounded by one gender for long periods of time, and you're horny, you're gonna fuck what you can.

0|0
    0|1
  • So wrong. Look up homosexuality, neuroscience, fMRI.
    It is in the wiring, man!
    About as much 'choice' as youndeciding which hand to write with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol

How many questions you ask about homosexuality?

You are secretly gay

1|0
    0|1
  • You love to spread drama I am right lol

It is not a choice

0|1
    0|0
  • They were born gay, like how I was born straight

0|1
    0|0
  • Drinking isn't a mental illness...

0|0
    0|1
  • False. It's a mental thing. Not natural though.

0|0
    1|1
  • No it is a bad choice often fallen into after a broken heart or bad advice.
    HAving a teen who has no idea what romantic interest really feels like wonder if they are also gay is asking kids to miss align themselves sexually.

1|1
    1|1

Recommended myTakes