What was your opinion on Ronald Reagan as US President from 1981-1989?

He wasn't perfect by any means, but he was a hell of a lot better than Trump. I am a Democrat and I still have a lot of respect for Reagan.

416

Most Helpful Girl

• A great example of an American leader actually leading.

Most Helpful Guys

• One of the best presidents ever. Certainly the best since I've been watching politics (since Kennedy). Part of it was the timing. He was the right person at the right time. He's by far the most beloved president in modern times. Which is part of what made him good. He was like the cheer leader saying go team go. And they did.

• better than trump. but overall not that great in my opinion. created tons of poverty. armed and funded terrorist organizations (including osama bin laden). trickle down economics failed (per usual). proliferated the drug war while funding drug lords. and his biggest claim to fame the fall of the berlin wall and collapse of USSR was more a result of USSR's president gorbachev belief in democracy and need and personal desire to modernize and privatize russia

for some reason he is remembered quite fondly. not sure if it because of the assasination attempt or what. but from my perspective he wasn't especially good