Do you believe countries or people should hold grudges against those who did wrong in the past?

Examples many Koreans still hold that grudge on Japanese’s and Japan because of what they did in the past.
Great Britain as well how they treated slaves and killed off natives of America.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• UK was killing slaves and natives of america? You need to add Irish there, Spanish, Frenches and Italians.

Korea also holds a grudge against US because US divided Korea and then bombed the civilians, mostky kids and families and not soldiers, it was aone more genocide US comited. And they have all right to hold grudges against US as against Japan, who with help of US manage to divide Korao on two Koreas. Yes, I think. Policy needs to move forward, but always with caution when terroristic countries in the past are involved in negotiations.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not, those responsible for atrocities in previous generations are either long gone or are on the verge of meeting their maker. Newer generations shouldn’t be held accountable for what their forefathers did. It’s not fair. Even a US WWII veteran who fought the Imperial Japanese said that younger Japanese generations shouldn’t carry the burden of what happened during the war.

It never ceases to amaze me when newer generations who weren’t around in those days, develop hate for a entire ethnicity based on what a select group of individuals did in those days. If anyone has a right to hold a grudge it’s those who lived through the event. Those who develop hatred for a entire ethnicity just because of what they read or saw in a movie are rather immature people who need to grow up.

1|0
    0|0
    • Like how Blacks hate whites for slavery?

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Britain banned the international slave trade, and enforced the ban at our cost.

I'd say we're not given anything like enough credit for that.

Not that anybody alive today deserves any credit, just like nobody alive today deserves any opprobrium for events which occurred centuries ago.

1|0
    0|0
  • Old hatreds take time to die away usually when all those responsible are long buried.
    I dont think we should make the children pay for their father's sins for instance how they burden youn German children in schools with the guilt of the holocaust, to me that's just sick and cruel.

0|0
    0|0
  • The people? Sure, whatever. The country and its government however should be acting on logic and reason instead of emotions though. A good diplomat/leader would even accept a deal with the devil if it benefited the nation or was necessary in some way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. Those are people of the past. Progress will never be made if we dwell on each other's mistakes. Is there a country in this world that has completely clean hands, historically?

0|1
    0|0
  • That depends on the sentiments of the people in question.
    There are many modern-day Americans, Brits, French and Germans who believe the past actions of their countries were justified.
    Those are fair game, as far as I'm concerned.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not healthy.
    Vendettas tear apart a household---or a country.

I read somewhere that this is what is going on in Albania. Revenge killings are the order of the day and some are imprisoned for life inside their homes because their relatives killed people decades or even centuries ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes Swedes should hate Poles, Russians, Finns, Norwegians, Danes, Germans, Brits and Frenchies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ffs, it's the past. Sure, don't forget it. But leave it be.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like Swedes or Russians.

0|0
    0|0
  • Germany is our best friend now. But, 60 years ago, it was a whole different thing

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• This is Why, No Lie, NO UNITY Here, dear.:((xxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • yes the people always remember

0|0
    0|0
  • I think Britain of all nations killed less native Americans than anyone.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes