Do you believe countries or people should hold grudges against those who did wrong in the past?

Examples many Koreans still hold that grudge on Japanese’s and Japan because of what they did in the past.
Great Britain as well how they treated slaves and killed off natives of America.

412

Most Helpful Guys

• UK was killing slaves and natives of america? You need to add Irish there, Spanish, Frenches and Italians.

Korea also holds a grudge against US because US divided Korea and then bombed the civilians, mostky kids and families and not soldiers, it was aone more genocide US comited. And they have all right to hold grudges against US as against Japan, who with help of US manage to divide Korao on two Koreas. Yes, I think. Policy needs to move forward, but always with caution when terroristic countries in the past are involved in negotiations.

• Absolutely not, those responsible for atrocities in previous generations are either long gone or are on the verge of meeting their maker. Newer generations shouldn’t be held accountable for what their forefathers did. It’s not fair. Even a US WWII veteran who fought the Imperial Japanese said that younger Japanese generations shouldn’t carry the burden of what happened during the war.

It never ceases to amaze me when newer generations who weren’t around in those days, develop hate for a entire ethnicity based on what a select group of individuals did in those days. If anyone has a right to hold a grudge it’s those who lived through the event. Those who develop hatred for a entire ethnicity just because of what they read or saw in a movie are rather immature people who need to grow up.

• Like how Blacks hate whites for slavery?

Most Helpful Girl