Do you believe in gravity is a real force or is it a fake force?

Please explain why is it or not in your own words.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a believer.
    I fallen down many times, but I've never fallen up.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Oh Jesus. Now this is what the world has come to. We're debating whether gravity is fake.

Yes, it's totally fake. Believe me. Totally, completely fake. It's a Chinese hoax, believe me. But it's okay, we're gonna lock her up into a gravity prison, believe me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like a troll post but I'll go with it. Well regardless of it we do know some type of "force" pulls and object back towards the ground when you throw a ball up into the air it comes back down. We know if you blow a balloon up with just air it won't float up it will drop to the ground. But if you fill a balloon up with helium it will float. If you jump out of a plan high up in the sky you will fall back down. If you where to stand on a 10ft ladder and hold out your hand with an apple and let go of the apple it will fall to the ground. Now take that for an example. If you where to do this at 6 opposite points on the earth and had the same result it's a very good conclusion that there is a "force at the center of the earth keeping objects pulled to it. Otherwise everything woukd float away and possibly into space.

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay, but gravity isn't the force that holds us on earth. Also, I ain't no troll just trying to see why people still believe in gravity.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 13

• Well according to Einstein, gravity is the result of spacetime bending towards the centre of any mass, in earth’s case, the spacetime is bending towards the earth’s core. Spacetime is like a fabric which bends as you put any mass on it. And obviously as the space time bends, smaller masses tend to fall or move towards the bigger masses which is the direction that the spacetime is bending. The heavier the mass the more the space time bends, therefore the more spacetime bends the more aggressively the masses move or fall towards the direction of which the space time bends. This explains why we fall towards the earth and the earth falls towards the sun.(well the earth orbits the sun but the orbit is just a smaller mass trying to move in a straight direction but the gravity is just moving it towards the bigger mass so it’s actually constantly falling towards a bigger mass but the speed which it travels is so high that the rate of falling is very low, almost negligible). I hope you get what I’m trying to say, this is just my understandings of gravity.

0|1
    0|0
    • I would've just youtubed the video about this lmao but cool for taking your time to write that lol

• I understand what you are saying but gravity has been proven wrong by so many scientists and Newton knew his gravity formal was incorrect.

• Good question (which is rare here), imagine two spaceships, in space, far far away, so there are no source of this "gravity"
    Spaceship A shuts off its engine, people who live there never experience gravity.
    Space ship B is accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2, people here feel about as heavy as on earth, they have a clear notion of up and down, you can sit under an apple tree here and apple might fall downwards on your head at 9.8 m/s^2. And then the guy who experienced that proclaimed that he has discovered "gravity". Observers from spaceship A would correct him, what he experienced was just an artifact from his ship's acceleration. If he would move to a more redpilled world (spaceship A) he would see this force no longer exists! so the gravity the guy from B knows is fake, and he better rewrites his physics.
    We are citizens from earth and if we learned high school physics we would know observers from A are right, but how do we know we are not in the same situation as the guy from B? that our gravity is merely an artifact of our motion? maybe the whole solar system is accelerating the same way spaceship B is 😂😂😂

This question wasn't really answered until some guy thought to connect reality with non Euclidean geometry

0|0
    0|0
    • But gravity and inertia are different. Gravity is purely the attraction that two or more things with mass have to eachother. Gravity is potential energy.
      Inertia is created by energy which is currently being expended.
      You can have two still things and create movement due to gravity but you can’t have two still things and create movement due to inertia. They’re functionally opposites.

• Show All
    • pls don't get philosophical lol, this is a very simple matter, yes let's say there is an objective truth. And you are postulating the existence of a force called "gravity" as distinct from pseudo force https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictitious_force, based on your experiment with two objects. In that experiment what do you define as your gravitational force? Just clarify that first. Then read my previous comments.

• What exactly is a "fake force"?
    You can't see a force, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Gravity I what keeps us on the ground, its what keeps water in the oceans and air in the atmosphere. I don't know what else you could possibly be looking for.

0|0
    0|0
    • A fake force is something that is made up and it's the opposite of what they tell us to be. If you can't see it or test it, as well analysis it then there is no such thing as gravity and their science isn't real science. Gravity has been proven wrong and is not a strong force as they make it seem. I wanna know why people believe in a lair who claims he knew what makes things fall or stay on earth?

• “Gravity has been proven wrong”
      Source please

• Oh For Heaven's Sake. The Dumbest Question of the Day

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Believe what you want. There are too many important things to study than that.

• I don't believe I just know gravity ain't a real force.

• NO!! WTF is wrong with the poll! no no no because it's not a force! its units are not even in newtons!

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay, I will take that as you don't believe in gravity.

• Show All
    • If gravity isn't a force how can you go by what someone else says if you know gravity isn't a force and it's not what holds us on earth? I know science and I know what gravity is but no one has ever measured gravity for every atom and every star. Also, no one really understands Newton's law of gravity because if they did, they will of know the formula is incorrect. Gravity has been proven wrong so many ways. So, why do you still believe in it?

• It's real enough to kill you unless you're extremely careful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I just use real strong magnets on my shoes.

0|1
    0|0
  • The real force is in star wars

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you're a fake force.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I stop believing in it can I fly?

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys