What do you think of slutwalks?

What do you think of slutwalks?
Funny how sluts tell men to prefer sluts over non sluts.
  • They are great.
    Vote A
  • They are stupid.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Slutwalk*

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Well I googled it and apparently it's just a movement against rape culture focusing primarily on slut shaming victims. I don't know how it evolved into that picture and I don't understand how wifing a slut is fun. All they're going to do is fuck other people. Either way, rape culture isn't relevant in the US, slut shaming victims is bad, and wifing a slut doesn't sound smart unless you're into that cuck shit.

0|0
    0|0
    • How saying wife a slut stops rape?

• Well I'm not exactly sure how you got that from what I said but I'll clarify. Raping a slut is rape. Making a slut your wife doesn't prevent the new wedded slut from being raped. I'm using the word slut in it's active tense, saying that she currently has many casual sex partners even when she's married. Rape culture emplies that rape is the norm but it's not, brushing off rape as if it's nothing happens but no where near the scale of something like rape culture.

• yeah sluts are fun to mess around with until the moment a doctor tells you that you're diagnosed with STDs or you go home one day earlier than usual and see her getting smashed by some dude on your bed. so to save myself from headache and dramas, i will not be with a slut let alone marry one.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• SlutWalk is a transnational movement of protest marches calling for an end to rape culture, including victim blaming and slut shaming of sexual assault victims. Specifically, participants protest against explaining or excusing rape by referring to any aspect of a woman's appearance. by that Wikipedia definition i see nothing wrong with slutwalks. in my country women are often targeted by men who undress them publicly and humiliate them accusing them of not dressing appropriately or being sluts. its even more despicable that people especially women actually defend these men. we could use these slutwalks in my country

3|0
    1|0
    • slutwalks are not about defending rape victims but promoting promisucity.

• that is the Wikipedia definition. over the years it's probably been corrupted

• I'm sure at the very first day of slutwalk feminists have brought up female promiscuity.

• I think the movement should be renamed.

Slut - a woman who has many casual sexual partners.
    Synonyms - whore, promiscuous, tramp, hooker.

Why name a movement after such a slur? I understand that their intention was to end rape culture such as victim blaming and slut shaming sexual victims but their approach is leaning more towards promoting women to wear whatever they want rather than addressing the matter of consent in terms of sexual assault.

I mean, it's not the woman's fault that she has been sexually assaulted and I think people should wear whatever they want as long as it's not hurting anyone. However, they are indeed going to potentially get themselves hurt because we humans are still inclined to our primitive instincts in which include sexual desires. These desires may override the rational part of ourselves causing both the perpetrator (s) and the victim (s) to suffer immense consequences.

As for sluts telling men to prefer them rather than non-sluts, well, I don't think anyone would want to have any sexual contact with someone whom could be carrying multiple STIs.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 181

• I haven’t looked into what exactly these “slutwalks” are or what they entail. I think the women participating in these slutwalks are two types. There are those that genuinely know why they are participating and the belief they stand for, and then there are those who don’t really know what this movement is about and are just there for other reasons, such as boredom.

4|0
    1|0
  • Why do I need to take a slut for a walk? Can't they walk themselves?

13|20
    6|2
    • No, apparently their legs are too stiff from spending so much time spread apart...

• Show All
    • I heard that.

• @azzntittiz, and remember to make sure your slut is bathed after you walk her. Give her treats when she performs well, but only administer discipline if she's into it.

• i think initially they were good, empowering, etc. basically a way for women to take a grasp on a negative label thrust upon them due to old antiquated notions of what "good" feminine sexuality was

NOW... when you have people like amber rose out front i think it loses its true and positive meaning. people like amber rose or that chick who had the dude kardashians baby are basically sleeping their way to wealth and fame. this doesn't seem like the positive message that influences impressionable girls about the power of femininity

3|0
    2|1
    • Promiscuity is never empowering no matter who says that

• Show All
    • it's not about seeing it as a good thing. but simply not shaming people for a personal lifestyle decision that has no bearing on your own life

• Is being grossed by it shaming?

• No sluts for me

11|7
    4|1
  • They are free to do whatever they wish with their own bodies, and are also free to celebrate their, erm... "lifestyle". However, I am also free to maintain my own standards for dating and relationships--which happen to exclude promiscuity of any kind.

6|1
    0|0
  • What kind of message are we sending to our kids, to our neighbors, to our allies/adversaries? Just be cause you "CAN", doesn't mean that you should. Some people have more money than brains

1|1
    0|0
  • Well it's a feminism thing so by default it's stupid, but lets take a look...

They think there is a rape culture in the USA. Rape culture is where rape is pervasive and normalized. Hmmm... Well rape is against the law and you can go to jail for 30 years for it. That sounds like a stiff penalty for something that is normalized and accepted. When compared against second degree murder with a penalty of up to 25 years it looks like it's actually more acceptable to murder someone in a berserk frenzy then to rape them... What's second degree murder? Any intentional murder with malice aforethought, but is not premeditated or planned in advance. So it's definitely not normalized, is it pervasive? Nope, only 0.6% of the population are rapists. Then when they are caught they're imprisoned for the majority of their life and potentially murdered by inmates that look down on rapists. So slut walks at this point jump from stupid to retarded.

The second major issue is slut shamming and them arguing that their body isn't their own. Well we don't have slavery in our country. They’re not in bondage, so who's fucking body do you think it is? Oh they don't really say what you mean, they're just being dramatic and want people to be forced to share their ideology and approve of their behavior even if it conflicts with their own morals. So they are basically taking a stand that they are against freedom of speech and freedom of religion. People have a right to live the way they want, but that doesn’t mean they are free from responsibility for their actions and will not suffer the consequences that surround those actions. Everything you do, someone will judge you on. You just need to learn to live with that and have some basic self esteem. If you want to walk around in your bathing suit with slut written on your chest you’re not going to be arrested. You’re probably not going to get called for a job interview or get asked out by a decent man either. Everything comes at a cost. So slut walks at this point have jumped from full retard to absolute brain dead.

2|0
    0|0
  • I've said this a few years ago, I'm all for women breaking barriers and creating their own foundation but these feminism movements will lead to stupid shit like this. I mean for girls/women to take part in something called slut walks but get mad if a guy see's a girl who doesn't have any self-worth in herself and acts like a slut for attention and then she gets offended.

1|0
    0|0
  • "SlutWalk is a transnational movement of protest marches calling for an end to rape culture, including victim blaming and slut shaming of sexual assault victims. Specifically, participants protest against explaining or excusing rape by referring to any aspect of a woman's appearance." - WIkipedia

Sounds like a good idea to me.

1|0
    1|1
  • It's the same principle as fat-shaming. These women instinctively know that men prefer healthy women rather than obese ones (or in this case sluts) for long-term commitment. And instead of changing something about themselves, they try to shame men into accepting their degeneracy.

2|5
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 66

• It sounds like you don't know what they are about.

3|0
    2|1
  • Do you know what they are for? They are to end the idiotic idea that rape is something a woman deserved. By how she dressed acted or her profession. The very word slut is invalid because it assumes shame of having multiple sexual partners which is our right as any man's right.

0|1
    4|3
    • Well true, we have the right to do it, but we also have the right not do to it.

• Show All
    • It's part of the initiative to stop the use of the term. To stop people from labeling women with the term. It's just one event that raised awareness. Google it and you will better understand it. It isn't literal. They aren't trying to say marry a girl who is not committement appropriate it's a way to bring awareness to the cause.

• To stop the use of the term slut? How? by writing slut on all over their bodies?

• it's really sad and sick in my opinion and just showcasing the downfall of our society. What's funny is that it goes against what feminist are constantly preaching. You can't scream and demand respect, and get appalled when a man calls you a slut but then proudly walk around while wearing the badge as a slut.. it doesn't make any sense. These women want to walk around half naked and act trashy, but still want respect... like what? Like no, to gain respect you have to earn it. Also these women don't even respect themselves so how do you expect anyone to respect you? Most men do not respect sluts, im sorry it is what it is. Men see them as the type of women to have a good time with, to fool around with before they get mentally get serious about a relationship. Then what do they do? They go off to find women they think are worth wifing up and having children with while these women end up being used and left alone. I'm sorry but i don't agree with it, there's nothing honorable about being a slut or acting like one either... even most women use the term slut to another woman as an insult cause they know its not good. So why are we teaching young women and girls that this is okay when it's not. I don't want my daughter growing up seeing this and thinking this is normal behavior for a woman.

2|3
    0|0
  • I was watching t. v with my mother and father and the BBC 9 o'clock news came on and the headline story was slut walks. I think the awkwardness of the whole thing says it all.

2|1
    0|0
    • BBC has become ridiculous. Slutwalks should be illegal.

• I can't even believe slut walks are a thing know. I though it was a one of thing in 2011.

• I don’t think it’s okay to shame people for loving themselves and expressing their sexuality.
    It isn’t hurting anyone. Only stupid people catch and pass diseases, only stupid people feel the emotional reproductions of jumping into a lifestyle they weren’t mentally equipped for. As long and you’re smart and safe, sleeping around is perfectly fine.

0|1
    2|5
    • As long as you accept that you might become romantically interested in someone who will reject you for your sexual past. Which is what the sign "Wife a slut" refuses to acknowledge. You made the choice to sleep around, so you have to take the consequences, regardless of your gender.

• Show All
    • I choose not to sleep around but that doesn’t make me better than the next person.

• Oh, I didn't mean you as in "You". I was talking about promiscuous people in general.

• *cough*

2|5
    0|0
    • and what about it?

• Show All
    • @Zerxz I messed up your name because I'm a dumbass...

• @Snagtooth wow I can see 😂😂 thanks dude xx

• Slutwalks are a protest to rape culture. It's not about who is or isn't permiscuos, it's about females' sexual freedom and right to consent or not as often or little as they'd like, no matter how they act or dress.

0|0
    2|5
    • How does saying wife a slut stop rape?

• Show All
    • Apparently you have brain damage, because you can't add 1+1. You know spousal rape is a thing, too? I hope one day you know what it's like to be a victim that can't get justice.

• Did I say my husband can't rape me?
      I was right to think that feminists are dense.

• https://youtu.be/2GsrqLt48og
    I think it speaks for its self 😕

1|5
    0|0
    • er... errrm... kindalike... eeerr... like !! That's their typical response to Laurens questions... brainwashed Cultural Marxist mindless drones !!

• Show All
    • She also identifies as an attack helicopter, but they get that joke. :P

• Yep typical feminist , a lot are even worse !!

• I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS STUPID
    why would you want someone to call u a slut and it's not like being called a slut is a good thing

4|5
    1|0
  • It’s big “fuck you” to anyone that feels a woman needs to be ashamed of her being sexual - which is amazing. I’d walk one if I had the chance.

1|1
    3|5
    • So, is being a "slut" against the law? Just curious.

If it's not against the law, then a "walk" isn't needed.

• Show All
    • I honestly don’t understand why men aren’t called sluts or why they are not having this same problem girls are having lmfao it makes no sense to me. Its like seeing a protest for driving lol

• They want attention.

• Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes