What do you think of slutwalks?

What do you think of slutwalks?
Funny how sluts tell men to prefer sluts over non sluts.
  • They are great.
  • They are stupid.
Slutwalk*

68183

Most Helpful Guys

• Well I googled it and apparently it's just a movement against rape culture focusing primarily on slut shaming victims. I don't know how it evolved into that picture and I don't understand how wifing a slut is fun. All they're going to do is fuck other people. Either way, rape culture isn't relevant in the US, slut shaming victims is bad, and wifing a slut doesn't sound smart unless you're into that cuck shit.

• How saying wife a slut stops rape?

• Well I'm not exactly sure how you got that from what I said but I'll clarify. Raping a slut is rape. Making a slut your wife doesn't prevent the new wedded slut from being raped. I'm using the word slut in it's active tense, saying that she currently has many casual sex partners even when she's married. Rape culture emplies that rape is the norm but it's not, brushing off rape as if it's nothing happens but no where near the scale of something like rape culture.

• yeah sluts are fun to mess around with until the moment a doctor tells you that you're diagnosed with STDs or you go home one day earlier than usual and see her getting smashed by some dude on your bed. so to save myself from headache and dramas, i will not be with a slut let alone marry one.

Most Helpful Girls

• SlutWalk is a transnational movement of protest marches calling for an end to rape culture, including victim blaming and slut shaming of sexual assault victims. Specifically, participants protest against explaining or excusing rape by referring to any aspect of a woman's appearance. by that Wikipedia definition i see nothing wrong with slutwalks. in my country women are often targeted by men who undress them publicly and humiliate them accusing them of not dressing appropriately or being sluts. its even more despicable that people especially women actually defend these men. we could use these slutwalks in my country

• slutwalks are not about defending rape victims but promoting promisucity.

• that is the Wikipedia definition. over the years it's probably been corrupted

• I'm sure at the very first day of slutwalk feminists have brought up female promiscuity.

• I think the movement should be renamed.

Slut - a woman who has many casual sexual partners.
    Synonyms - whore, promiscuous, tramp, hooker.

Why name a movement after such a slur? I understand that their intention was to end rape culture such as victim blaming and slut shaming sexual victims but their approach is leaning more towards promoting women to wear whatever they want rather than addressing the matter of consent in terms of sexual assault.

I mean, it's not the woman's fault that she has been sexually assaulted and I think people should wear whatever they want as long as it's not hurting anyone. However, they are indeed going to potentially get themselves hurt because we humans are still inclined to our primitive instincts in which include sexual desires. These desires may override the rational part of ourselves causing both the perpetrator (s) and the victim (s) to suffer immense consequences.

As for sluts telling men to prefer them rather than non-sluts, well, I don't think anyone would want to have any sexual contact with someone whom could be carrying multiple STIs.