Would you take the #MeToo route?

Would you voice it on #MeToo if you feel other available means cannot effectively punish the scoundrel?Would you take the #MeToo route?
  • Yes, #MeToo is a perfect way to teach a lesson
    Vote A
  • No, the damage might be irreparable if events weren't based on facts
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In #MeToo most people have not named who the culprit was. It was more about saying "this happened to me also", not about putting people in jail. It just happened to coincide with a very big harassment scandal.

Somehow people have collapsed this down into one thing in their minds, and almost immediately the cries of "but what about a false allegation?" went up, loud and clear.

The truth is, very few rape cases involve false allegations if the victim knows the perpetrator. False allegations happen in only about 2-8% of cases brought before law enforcement. The constant need by some people to say "all" or "most" allegations are false is a way of skewing the discussion to focus on the false cases, and take focus off of the reality that many women, many trans, and even a lot of men experience harassment, assault and rape at an alarming rate.

While false allegation is certainly worth discussing, that issue shouldn't dominate all discussions about the real prevalence of sexual misconduct in our society.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Metoo is not about punishing anyone but to draw attention to the fact that rape or sexual assault is much more common that people think and to give victims the support they need to actually contact the authorities and get justice.

Its called Metoo after all, focusing on the victim rather than accusing anyone of anything and not Himtoo (just for arguments sake, not saying all rapists are men)

0|0
    0|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Possibly.
    Hard to say since I've never been in that situation.

The answers are BS tho. If you were raped or harassed "teaching a lesson" is not the idea behind reporting. It's getting justice and preventing someone from doing it again
    And similarly if you were raped or harassed and the question seems to imply you know who did it, how is it not fact based?

0|2
    0|1
    • To clarify, heinous crimes such as rape would get dealt with police and justice department... the main utility envisaged through #MeToo in this post, is to voice harassments, socially or at work place, etc.
      A view could also be that some folks may choose to shame people in vindication, knowing fully well that accusations aren't true.
      Hope this clarifies the options. Thanks for your comments!

• Show All
    • I agree, and that's the saddest part. For such cases, even a #MeToo would be letting them off in my view.

• well it's better than nothing

• If something like that happend to me, I'd probably not be brave enough to shame him in public. I'd be affraid people won't believe me and that I will be shamed. If the legal system won't help either, I'd probably fo after him with a knife or something

0|1
    0|0
  • No because it’s not gonna do anything for me so it’ll be a waste of my time

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I would

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• What? I think there's some confusion at least about what I perceived the intent of meToo to be.
    My understanding originally was that it was simply meant to signal to others that you had been assaulted to let non-victims to know about the prevalence and victims to know they were not alone. The men and women who partook that I knew of did it for this reason. They never mentioned their abuser's name which I think was important because the focus should be on the victim not victimizer. As time went on people started using names in order to seek some sort of justice or vengeance rather than going through our justice system. In my estimation that is both wrong and self defeating. Now the focus is not on the victim and how to help, but it's on the supposed victimizer and we now have to act as the court and determine their guilt or innocence as a society and this of course has led to the mess we're currently in.

0|1
    0|0
  • You seem to be equating true claims and false claims which are obviously different set of circumstances. True claims are justified but false ones aren't

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was little, I followed a man in a hat. I thought he was my dad. But he wasn't. My parents drove all over the farm trying to find me. My mom said they almost drove over me. She told me I was inconsolable. She said that's when the nightmares started. 3 years old. I can't remember anything, except following a man in a hat.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've tried to reconstruct the memory. But I can't. I wind up with barking dogs and tall grass.

• Most women who claim they've been sexual-assaulted are lying.

0|3
    5|0
  • Ever since I was a young boy, my only wish was to see a significant percentage of the population believe my word without question

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been sexually assisted a few times by women, me too would not be effective because it only helps women and ignores men entirely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, #MeToo is a perfect way to teach a lesson

0|1
    0|0
  • Do you mean falsely accusing someone?

0|0
    0|0
  • #MeToo is a joke, a bad one at that

0|0
    0|0
  • nope as this #Meetoo is BS

0|0
    1|0
  • You know lying about that is a crime.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't believe one person or the other just because of their gender.

I would just stay far away from both people.

0|0
    0|0
  • #,#METOO is for over 30 actresses who's career is in the shitter

0|0
    0|0
  • I think at the rate it's going Women will not be believed anymore thanks to certain politicians

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that thinking that’s any kind of approximate way of “punishing” someone highlights a problem internally. I’m sorry but you don’t get to shit on people in the public forum for no reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would take the #mentoo or #himtoo route.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes