Do you think open carry should be allowed in all states?

https://youtu.be/oQc-a2FEKEI

(Please excuse me for I’m about to rant about this topic)
Now being a California resident my whole life and knowing how this state is so fucken liberal and is full of pussies that do not want guns. (If I hurt your feelings I’m sorry) but this state and the State of Florida are both states that do NOT allow open carry of firearms. With that being said it’s almost coincidental how the states that have the lowest crime rates are those that allow open carry. One example being Texas. I am a Marine, I’ve gone through combat training and have learned about psychological warfare and as well as terrorism awareness. One could easily say that all these shootings are local acts of terrorism. Another could simply say that the people that do these shootings are people that are mentally ill and find that killing other people is fun. Regardless wtf they think one thing is clear, if a cock sucker that wants to inflict lethal harm using any weapon walks into a bar and is 99% certain that none of the people there are carrying a firearm, do you think he or she will carry out the action if they walked into that same bar and visually see’s multiple people carrying firearms and or lives in a state that allows the carry of fire arms? Probably not. If there is one thing I learned is that the ultimate defense in actions of killing or harm to take place. You must have a deterrent, for those of you who do not know what that is. It’s pretty much something that will make someone change their mind of doing any action.

For example a security system on a house will deter a house burglar from attempting to break in. We human beings are animals that weigh consequence vs reward ALL THE TIME. If there is little to no risk it’s most likely that an individual will do it.

Do you think open carry should be allowed in all states?Do you think open carry should be allowed in all states?
  • The carry of fire arms should be allowed in all States. Regardless of population
    Vote A
  • The issuing of carry permits should be allowed in all states, BUT should only be administered to specific individuals
    Vote B
  • The issuing on carry permits should be outright banned
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
5d
These are just my thoughts, and I’m not coming at this from an unbiased point of view. I’m coming at this topic with general common sense and facts.

Here is an article written with conjunction of the Tampa Bay Times

www.politifact.com/.../
5d
For those of you that are un enlightened about what’s going on behind the scenes. You might want to watch this video from start to finish.

https://youtu.be/pq1TXEE_QK4

Point of this video is to show that no matter wtf the government does about guns. CRIMINALS will ALWAYS have access to guns.

1|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• I agree. I think open carry should be legal for those who want to carry openly. I'm not sure what to vote in the poll though because you're talking about carry permits but in my state, carrying openly and carrying concealed are two different things. Here in Virginia, open carry is legal without a permit for anyone over 18. However, you have to have a permit if you are carrying concealed. (obviously, even if you have a permit to carry, you can't carry on federal properties or schools, etc.). For me, I have my concealed carry permit and I've never carried openly.

I think that if a criminal knows guns are legal in that state, it can help deter crime in some cases BUT I'm not sure if carrying openly is *more* of a deterrent. Let's say someone is going to commit a crime and try to kill other people, if he walks into the room and notices you are carrying, that might deter him OR it could actually make you the first target. The criminal may shoot first at the people he/she knows is carrying to prevent you from shooting back. I don't have a problem with open carry but because of that issue, I think carrying concealed is more the way to go. It gives you the element of surprise which can be very useful in some cases. Just my opinion. Regardless though, I have no problem with guns and people who want to defend themselves by carrying openly or concealed should be able to do so assuming they follow all of the other applicable laws and know/understand basic gun safety.

1|3
    0|0
    • 5d

I love your input and logic as well. I wasn’t necessarily referring to simply open carry. Which is why in the two pictures I posted in the question one shows an open carry fire arm and the other is concealed. I’m speaking in general terms of concealed carry

• Show All
    • 5d

Ah, that's awesome! I love living on a farm. If you get the opportunity, you should take it. It's hard work but I think it tops living in a city any day. :)

• 5d

Yah lol playing red dead redemption 2 doesn’t help with that curiosity either 🤣

• I feel sorry for you that you're in Cali. A ten times deported illegal, has more rights than a good guy like you.
    This is the peace maker that I keep in the glove box of my car.

1|3
    1|0
    • 5d

Ahhh yes. The judge

• Show All
    • 5d

I don't live in Cali, so my concerns are much different that yours. But if I did, I might consider a Glock.
      (They probably cost a lot, though)

• 5d

I’m familiar with glocks. I personally own a SIG P226 glocks are known to be reliable cause they use a striker method of operation instead of the traditional hammer method

• I live in a state where open carry exists. I've been exposed to guns and other weapons my whole life. I respect them and know how to handle myself with the or around them. I think all states should allow it, but I also think education is important.

1|3
    0|0
  • I'm iffy on this one. On one hand, I think well armed citizens can help, but on the other, I live in Chicago and see people fight over the stupidest shit and many times, I am glad that they didn't have a weapon on them.

I guess I'm a pussy in your eyes, because I would be very uncomfortable, scared even, if people walked around with a gun on them in public.
    I also worked in places where there was alcohol, I've seen bar fights happen. I am very glad that we didn't allow guns or else I am almost certain that people would have died. I think there should be security guards and perhaps the bartenders to be armed, but I don't feel comfortable letting alcohol and weapons mix, aka not letting the patrons have guns.
    I know people will say, "If they wanna kill, they'll just find something other than a gun." And it's true. When these drunk dudes were fighting, they were throwing pool sticks, breaking beer bottles and hitting each other with them, etc. But a pool stick is less deadly than a gun. Beer bottles are less deadly than a gun. Even knives are less deadly than guns. I've seen people get stabbed, hit with sticks, bats, etc. Had they been shot, they probably wouldve died as opposed to just being badly hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • When liberals want stricter gun control, it's like, who's going to follow those laws? The good citizens will. And who won't follow those laws? Criminals. It does nothing. They're just telling criminals that there's some more laws they'll be breaking.

I picked B.

1|2
    0|0
  • Im scared of guns, so I´d enjoy it best if they wouldn't exist :D

1|1
    1|0
    • 5d

Fair enough I understand your point of view. BUT would it give you more peace of mind if you knew the men and women around you could possibly have a firearm on their person and if an assailant tried killing you and the others around you, that the person or people also carrying firearms could potentially stop them from ending your life?

• Show All
    • 5d

On the contrary actually, but I’m not surprised you decide to tell yourself that to make yourself feel better

• 5d

Did you watch that video? I bet you didn’t cause you’re too prideful to be proven wrong

• I wouldn't want to live in a country where people were allowed to open carry. I'm glad that's not allowed not even anywhere near my country.

4|1
    2|0
  • Hell no, Seeing people walking around with a gun would make me uncomfortable.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well I'm not American but I don't believe people should own guns. No one owns guns in my country and certainly don't carry them around openly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm terrified of guns. they make me uncomfortable. so, I can't really say... Should people have them? Yes, but I don't want to see it.

1|0
    1|0
  • Not in Massachusetts, now that its legal to use weed that will end bad

0|0
    0|1
  • "B" Is Best from the Rest. xx

1|1
    0|0
  • B. :D

1|1
    0|0
  • I agree with you

1|2
    0|0
  • I picked the third option
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Voted a

1|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 31

• I don't think people should be allowed to carry around guns everywhere openly. The only civilians that should be allowed guns are people who are members of a sport club and professional hunters, but they should go through a gun control and if they don't met frequently enough in the sport/hunting club, they've to sell their guns. But they shouldn't be allowed to showing it other places than the sport arena or hunting areas to avoid frightening people unnecessarily. They also should lock it in a gun cabinet that's impossible to open without a key when they're not using it, so children can't reach them. It's a similar law to what we've in Norway.

The nice thing with that law is that people who likes sports or works as a hunter don't have to quit because of a ban, but at the same time, people without any good reasons to own one can't get one. Self-defense isn't a good enough excuse. If people feels the need to carry guns because of it, the police force in that country is probably not good enough and should be improved instead.

If more people are allowed guns, more shooting incidents would happen like school shooting. If people carry guns around, it would be more dangerous in addition to frightening people. It's easier to kill 10 people or more with a gun than a knife. With gun control it's easier to reduce the amount of deaths. So fewer parents would lose their children, fewer children would lose their parents and so on.

Gun-supporters says criminals won't care and therefor it's no excuse making it illegal. Criminals would break the law anyway, but do that mean it should be legal? Should theft, murder, rape, torture etc. suddenly be legal?

Easily available guns would increase the chance of a mental ill or a criminal getting access to them. If guns are difficult to get access to, fewer people would get them - and that includes criminals. Maybe a few can smuggle some, but criminals with guns would be halved. Many can't get some and smuggling isn't as easy as some believes.

1|0
    1|1
    • 4d

Smh.. you don't critically think before you speak... You think cops can fly in within seconds like super man to save you if a person is attacking you with a bat, ax, or gun.

• Show All
    • 3d

@Calzone2018: You can't reason with people like him.

• I think open carry should he legal in all states, sure. I think the main question would be: Why would anyone want to open carry? Tactically speaking, it isn’t a sound option as it paints you as a target within a group of people. I think it makes more sense if you’re working at a gun shop and all of the employees are open carrying, but if your main purpose is for self defense, I think concealment would be a better option for a multiplicity of reasons. You’ll be able to draw your weapon faster outside the waistband, open carrying, but at what cost? Is it worth it? Is the cost of giving up concealment worth it? If you practice drawing from concealed, you can be very quick.

1|1
    0|0
    • 5d

No of course I agree, which is why I’m speaking in the option to carry in general

• Stat on news today - In training situations trained professionals with firearms ONLY 1 IN 5 BULLETS HIT THEIR TARGET - So open carry in this bar many people armed and firing so a conservative 80% of the bullets are not hitting their target, alcohol impairment make that 90% so in my view a whole lot more innocents dead - Good guys kill bad guy but how much collateral damage?

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I’m using this incident as a back drop to a much greater problem. Yes you’re very right about what you said but let’s think about this. How do you know that EVERYONE in that building was intoxicated?

Furthermore your statistic of trained professionals making contact with the target with only one bullet in every 5 shot is utter bullshit. I’ve gone to shooting ranges many many times, shot a variety of different style guns and for the most part I put the bullet in the red bullseye about 90% of the time. So say in a 10 round magazine, I would normally land 8. That’s also at 15 yards, which is the common range for close range combat and encounters. (Typical range limit for effective implementation of handgun operation)

• I voted B. If someone has a good reason to carry a licence should be issued if the person can act responsibly with weapons and will store the weapon in a safe place when not used. To avoid abuse by others.

0|1
    0|0
  • Typical right wing nonsense. The answer is better gun regulation, not more fucking guns. Realistically the answer is making firearms illegal (one day, we'll get there)

1|1
    1|2
    • 5d

They should make meth and cocaine illegal, too! :)

• Show All
    • 5d

My point was (for the fourth time) that saying people will break a law anyway is not a reason not to have that law. You're basically saying that criminals will get guns anyway, so why bother passing gun laws. I'm saying that if we applied that logic to everything, there would be no laws. You don't need laws for things that nobody does. That's as clear as I can get, and my patience has been gone for some time. I'm out.

• 5d

Ok, well every time the government stepped in and made things illegal it made things worse. Look up the prohibition...

Yes. I agree SOME laws are good. To instill order and discipline but when it comes to something like guns I do not thing that the application of gun laws is a practical solution

• BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You do realize the the states with the highest violent crime rates per capita BY FAR, ARE OPEN CARRY STATES!!! 🤣🤣🤣 Not only that, but Texas and California have the VIRTUALLY same violent crime rates! LOL! Stop consuming the BS the NRA feeds you. 😂 As soon as I read that your rant was moot.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is the only country I have ever lived in where some people think 'more guns' is somehow the answer. I am a gun owner myself and I believe people should have the right to defend themselves but some people want this country to be like the wild west once again where you can have random shoot-outs in the streets. I have no idea what the answer is but the current laws just don't work.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a fan of open carry. But that just a tactical decission. Concealed carry should be open in all states. Itll make them safer places.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's becoming more and more obvious that restrictive gun laws DO NOT WORK, because those that would actually harm others will not care.

We should be cautious about who we allow the right to, but it is a good idea to be more lax on carry laws.

In fact My home city of chicago has allowed concealed carry and as a result crime has steadily gone down.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm from minnesota. So its pretty much a given. I think people should be trained in firearms before they're allowed to carry. But at the same time, that seems to contradict the 2nd amendment.
    The only people who carry firearms here are hunters and farmers. They have a reason. So do the police.

0|0
    0|0
  • Please, tell me which mass shooter was stopped in time by an amateur carrying a gun?
    In 1000 Oaks, there were gun carrying cops. One of them died.
    In Orlando, the cops needed three hours to get him.
    In Parkland, near Boca Raton, an armed guard didn't stop the shooting.
    All the hoods in Las Vegas didn't stop the shooter there.
    (Don't tell me there are no hoods in Las Vegas, or they have no guns)

Many people dream about killing a killer, like in a movie.
    Life isn't a movie.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

To be clear the man in thousand oaks was a once a marine. That was in the infantry. So it’s no surprise.

Those cops where not dealing with an amateur.

• They should all have a license for it but yes it should be legal to put a stop to all these mass shootings if we outlaw guns the only people in the end with guns are going to be the outlaws it baffles how people don't see the simple logic

1|0
    0|0
  • Sadly it has to come to this but yea I think every American should be able to carry unless they have a mental illness at this point everywhere you go is a possible worst case scenario and we need to be able to defend ourselves but also every American would need an extensive mental evaluation before being allowed to have a gun and also monitored for a while to make sure they don't show any behaviors that are red flags and of course people already diagnosed with mental problems would immediately be prevented from owning a gun

0|2
    0|0
  • I think you would be right if these shooter planned on living through the event, but most shoot themselves. I think this is twisted suicide thing, so warped view of going out in a blaze of glory kind of thing. so I don't think letting everyone open carry will help.

0|0
    0|0
  • to many random crazy people walk around shooting 20 people and then kill himself i need to defend myself when the time comes every day 12 dead gunman dead next week school shooting 20 people dead 2 mouth later 50 people dead come on

0|0
    0|0
  • Having open carry is not going to stop people from committing mass shootings. Many cases the shooter wants to die at the end or have another similar thought that they don't care if they die.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have had a carry permit so long I don't think much about it. It is good in about 30 States.

YES.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I went to Wal-Mart the other day and I was holding a very sharp Ax in a isle in my hand that can easily cut someone head off with one swing of and no said anything.

But if a person is carrying a gun out of sudden is a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a true liberal I support the liberty to carry guns as long as your not a felon.

0|1
    0|0
    • 5d

A liberal saying this? Wtf! So you are not just a liberal but one with common sense

• 4d

Lol I only care about maximizing liberty. As should be the only thing liberals care about of they want to take up that name.

• NATIONAL CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY NOW.
    Concealed carry of handguns should be allowed in EVERY state with those who have a permit, just like driver's license, as long as they follow state laws.
    Concealed carriers are 6 TIMES less likely to commit felonies than the POLICE. Concealed carriers also manage to stop or help stop mass shooters over 90% of they engage. Concealed carry permit applications, espeically among minorities and women, are through the roof.
    Open carry is okay, concealed carry is even better.

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes