Did you know that there is an international men’s day?

Google always puts up those images or animations for women on international women’s day so I asked myself is there an international men’s day so I searched it up. November 19 is the day for men. Let’s all keep our eyes on google and see how they will celebrate men.
Do you think google will celebrate men?
  • Yes they’ll make a doodle to celebrate men
    Vote A
  • No they won’t make a doodle to celebrate men
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• They did it once before and never have again.

It's despicable that companies who pride themselves on being fair and equal ignore men because they think men don't have problems.

If you celebrate international women's day, you should celebrate international men's day.
    It's called being fair.

1|3
    0|0
    • Don't you know that the Webster defention of fair is "showing one individual or group special treatment and opportunitys over another, regardless of merit"

• I'm half man, on my dad's side.
    I think these celebrations are unnecessary and a waste of time.
    Like celebrating one's birthday. It's just an ego trip.

0|0
    0|0
    • So we shouldn’t celebrate any race, gender, occupation, or culture for their accomplishments?

• Show All
    • I brought African American history month as an example but I also bought up Asian history month as and example so that was selective of you because i guess your assuming I’m black. I actually agree with just having a history month in general but I also understand why they separate celebrating the races because each race goes through different struggles and we are able to focus more on those struggles through different times of the year.

• Black history month began as a way for remembering important people and events in the history of the African diaspora. As black people (as well as other ethinities) were disenfranchised.
      It is not merely the celebration of a specific skin colour or ethnicity.

Most Helpful Girls

• It's sad that international women's day gets more hype and acknowledgment. I hope at least one person I follow on social media will post about the men's day this November, because on international woman's day my entire feed was just a continuous stream of tributes to mom's and gal friends for being strong independent woman. It was actually really annoying...

1|3
    1|1
    • I think international women's day is stupid. Same with men's day. We already have something for each sex as in mothers and father's day. And at least there we are showing respect to someone for something other than them just being born.

• But what about the men and women throughout history that weren’t fathers or mothers but still made impacts on our lives

• @TacoFamine I agree completely

• I have a Huge Page in my own Published Play Book on International Day, bae. I wrote a Play Based on Domestic Violence and then Some, hun.
    I agree There Should be This. But it Aeems the Men out There ae not Miffed. xxoo

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Nobody ever celebrates men.

Men are disposable. Even the best of them are disposable. Always have been, always will be. This world is a meat-grinder and men are the meat.

0|5
    0|0
  • I find it disturbing how while there is an internationally recognized women's day (not this fact, that disturbs me) it's all fine but proposing the idea of international men's day guys be like "meh" and "i don't care" or even "it's stupid".
    Sometimes I do not even understand my own gender.

I'm all for it. For equality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lgbt community practically raids the entire internet and the media to conform to their ideology, I would've surprised if they got Google to conform and not do anything for international men's day just because the arch nemesis of the lgbt community is the patriarchy

0|0
    0|0
  • They will not celebrate men. Bet you any money no one will care

3|2
    0|0
  • They won't as men don't celebrate each other based off of them sharing genitals. Women's day and men's day are both retarded, and we already have something that should fills it place. (mothers and father's day)

0|1
    0|1
  • Don't think Google will celebrate men but I could care less. I am not into those petty debates on why men's day isn't celebrated or not. The Saiyan Prince doesn't give a shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • dont really care... i dont need a day but did you know its international womans year... good for you because the last 2017 years have belonged to men ;)

0|0
    0|1
  • yes men don't get as much recognition but i don't really care about all this international boyfriend/men's day if I have people that care about me I want them to celebrate me everyday as I do for them

0|0
    0|0
  • I only found out today myself - Yes Google will do something

0|0
    0|0
  • No, and unless I am getting the day off or receiving some kind of special treatment, I don't care.

0|0
    0|1
  • As a guy, I find International Men's Day stupid and useless

0|0
    0|1
  • I never knew. But it doesn't matter cause no one cares.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why should I care?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I know it exists. I consistently don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not something I celebrate lol just another day

0|0
    0|1
  • Seems stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • And who cares lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope to God men don’t need a “day”. I sure don’t

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I Know that..

0|0
    0|0
  • we live in the 21st century. celebrating men is the same thing as putting women down. like hell they'd do anything. guys get no recognition for anything we do. Hell, i found out about it yesterday at night 20 posts down on FB someone happened to link a picture reminding me how little the date is actually noticed

0|0
    0|0
    • +1. Men can't say anything these days without a repressed snowflake getting "triggered".

• Show All
    • Well it’s nice in a way! Whenever people bring me flowers on women’s day I feel quite happy. And whenever I get to make stupid gifts for my guy friends on men’s day, they’re happy, too. If we didn’t have those days then we probably wouldn’t celebrate each other at all.

• @Cornputer cool. glad you find use for both days. good luck to ya

• Make we should care bc men are routinely getting bashed on we need to see that not everyone blames them for everything and that they appreciate the men in the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Odds are very low. I doubt it is even on Google's radar as celebrating men and bringing men's issues to light is unfashionable and politically incorrect today.

0|1
    0|0
    • By the way, one reason men's day is not celebrated more is because feminists have publicly mocked it and actively campaigned against it. I remember reading about a feminist group who threatened to boycott advertisers for media outlets who mentioned it.

Here is a short article that talks about the backlash against men's day and why it is important that we celebrate it. It is written by a woman, by the way, so apparently not all women are selfish bitches.

www.theguardian.com/.../international-mens-day-gender-identity

• I guess we know the answer now. Society is quite sexist.

• i'll be watching, but I've learned not to expect much from Google.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Are any of you aware the International Men´s Day happens (?) to coincide with International Toilet Day?

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope they make a doodle, I do love Google's doodles. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Nobody celebrates it though

1|2
    0|0
  • I do not care

0|0
    0|0
  • Does it even matters at all lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol okay

I really do not care

0|0
    0|0
  • Why should we care?

0|0
    0|0
  • Ik. I wonder what a Man's March would look like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did not

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt Google will do anything to recognize on the 19th.

Personally though I think the idea of having an international women's day and men's day is stupid and we should just get rid of both.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes