Would it be racist to have a white Friday?

Would it be racist to have a white Friday?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually, when I was a kid, President's Day weekend was the time when all the department stores put bedding and towels on sale and they were called "Giant White Sales" because household linens we're colloquially called "whites".

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The reason its called blackfriday is because its such a large shopping day that many businesses used to go from being "in the red" (as in losing money) to being "in the black" (as in earning money). It has nothing to do with race and sneaking in "white" makes no sense.

0|1
    0|0
  • no but it would defeat the point of "black" Friday... they day when business try to get into the black (turn profits)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 8

• its a slogan. you have to be bored out of your fucking mind if you make color an issue.

0|3
    0|0
  • maybe. But, really, it wouldn't make any sense. The term "black friday" is used to describe the color coding of the stock market. "Black" means the market is going well. "red" means it is not.

0|0
    0|0
  • If one starts seeing racism every time something is called black or white, we're all doomed. Those things are not related. I think it's totally fine.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why do you think it's called Black Friday out of curiosity?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if you`re trolling, or just stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • That makes no sense

0|0
    0|0
  • No? But I don't see the point in that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Race isn’t real and this comes from a mixed person

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes