Would it be racist to have a white Friday?

• Yes
  • No

510

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually, when I was a kid, President's Day weekend was the time when all the department stores put bedding and towels on sale and they were called "Giant White Sales" because household linens we're colloquially called "whites".

Most Helpful Guys

• The reason its called blackfriday is because its such a large shopping day that many businesses used to go from being "in the red" (as in losing money) to being "in the black" (as in earning money). It has nothing to do with race and sneaking in "white" makes no sense.

• no but it would defeat the point of "black" Friday... they day when business try to get into the black (turn profits)