Should homeless people be allowed to keep dogs?

Share your thoughts!

#BakedHaggis #Cammysquestions
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Provided the health of the dog isn't at risk, something that could be checked by charitable animal organisations
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. They are already homeless and you don't think they are miserable enough? Now you want to take away their dog too? Plus the dog can defend them against violent kids who want to hurt them for fun and entertainment. Humans might be too cowardly to defend the homeless man against a crowd of teenagers but animals aren't afraid to fight a battle that they know will lose.

2|2
    0|0
    • How can he/she provide a good life for a dog, if he/she can't provide it even for themselves.

• Each year, approximately 2.7 million shelter animals are euthanized (1.2 million dogs and 1.4 million cats). In my opinion, I would rather an animal that no one else wants to take of, go to a homeless person and get to live some sort of life, than to be put to death. Dogs and cats don't need three bedroom homes, or an apartment complex in order to thrive... what they need most is love. It's sad when an animal goes through the entirety of its life without the love of a owner.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't get GaG at all. They would force a homeless child to be with a parent because they would not want their tax dollars going to provide for the child.

But they care about a dog?

Wow!

1|1
    2|1
  • Yes: I come from country an seen many people take better care of animals than them self! Some times the animal's were not keep the best but were loved and had a better life than! A well feed animals that were just a token, status, or show piece! Even farm animals that are keep in less well circumstances are loved an attended every day and some times twice or even 3 times! If there unwell the get lots of attention! If there were on big farm they might not get on so well: if the did not make financial seance! So I think a poor person would have a pack seance like a animal would have in wild: even if things were not so good!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I don't see an issue with it. There is a lady that lives in the city I work and she is homeless and has a dog. I asked her why and she said he protects her. He was a sweet dog and well behaved.

2|2
    1|0
  • Yes absolutely, some studies have shown that dogs are actually often better taken care of if their owners are homeless as opposed to if they aren’t

4|2
    0|0
  • It's funny that these homeless people have to beg for money or food and can't even feed them self, yet they have a dog that they have to feed too?

1|1
    0|2
  • I'm actually on the fence about this. I feel they should because animals can be very comforting and everyone needs love including homeless people, but, I feel they shouldn't because if they can hardly feed themselves how can they feed a dog? So I dont really know, sorry

0|0
    1|3
  • As long as you can take care of it I don't see a problem. The dog would also give you company and make you feel protected. It would be cool off you could find a stray dog who likes you to keep because then the dog is already adjusted to that life style

0|3
    0|0
    • How the hell can a homeless person care for an animal when they can't care for themselves

• If the dog is a stray already, it won't do any damage. They would actually help the dog out.

• I never thought of it that way..@cammy do you mean if the dogs a stray?

• I say yes. They're already homeless and they could have some company and love from a dog. It wouldn't be too different from a stray dog, and where I live there are some stray dogs roaming around.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think they should be able to keep their dog. Especially for things like protection. But at the same time... how would they take care of it? I don't know... its tricky.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope... they can’t even take care of themselves. That is so foolish to me. You’re homeless and hungry so you force the dog to be homeless and hungry.

0|2
    1|3
  • They are not?
    Here we have many street dogs so I don't think anybody care

0|1
    0|0
  • Ya they should be able to keep them the homeless and dogs need friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. They don't have a fence. They can have a companionable dog. But how would they keep it?

0|0
    3|4
  • Yes, as long as they aren't so poor that they eat the poor thing TT

0|0
    0|0
  • Dogs do require someone who can care and provide them all they needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. they can't even care for themselves

1|3
    3|5
  • Cheaper than rent

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. If it's a big dog, it can serve as protection towards threatening people.
    The dog will probably make a homeless person happy, so I think they should be allowed.

0|0
    0|0
  • They use it as a ploy to get more money from handouts.
    The ploy just works on the feeble-minded majority of people.

0|0
    2|2
  • I worked at Petsmart once and these two homeless guys came in asking for water for their dog. The dogs ribs were showing and he looked worn out. I felt bad for them, and I wondered why they would keep him and let him starve. If I was homeless and couldn’t afford to feed myself, I definitely wouldn’t want a helpless animal depending on me. He didn’t deserve that.

0|0
    0|2
    • Well even people with all the money in the world don't treat animals well. I mean what if that dog was abandoned or thrown away? Lost and they found him took him in.
      At least they cared.

• Show All
    • Yes actually there are, some people just choose not to. Because they love the pet so much, even if they are not being taken care of properly. Animals need more than love and affection to live.

• Well if there were I see your point. Animal lives are precious. It's best to put them first always to protect them. They can barely fend for themselves. Especially against certain people.
      Animals deserve a lot more in this world than they're given.

Since most humans basically just treat all animals like crap and or slaughter them for their own selfishness.
      It's good to see the opposite, and for people to actually care sometimes. Too many take advantage of animals.

What Guys Said 28

• I don't see why not.

And I mean... really, we're gonna forbid people to own a pet? Talking about big government...

0|0
    0|1
  • Kind of hard to regulate don't you think. Besides I know people with jobs and houses that treat their animals poorly. This is no gauge on a good carer of an animal. Besides it might be the only thing stopping some of the homeless being attacked by arseholes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah, when you are homeless and the humans around you make fan of you, looking down on you, shiting on you, your best friend is a dog or a cat. "Oh but they are homeless they can't even take care of themselves". Oh but wait what about the stray dogs and cats? Oh f@ck I forgot, they ain't cute like your dog or cat, they don't deserve someone to love them. F@cking hypocrites.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably not good for the dog but it would be beyond cynical to deny the homeless this. That's basically saying, hey we need to save the dog here and give it a decent home, but we wouldn't do the same for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was homeless with a dog and that was one of the only things that pulled me through the experience. My dog gave me protection, kept me warm at night and gave me much needed companionship when I needed it the most.

1|0
    0|0
  • No but often the dogs are homeless themselves, so it's a matter of the homeless taking better care of them rather than the owners who abandoned them.

0|0
    0|0
  • People should be able to do whatever they want as long as it’s not illegal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. In most cases the dogs are strays and are used to living on the streets. In some cases the relationship is mutually beneficial where both provide love, protection and resources.

0|0
    0|0
  • Often times homeless people take care of their dogs better than they do of themselves, so I guess (?)
    Also, if a homeless man happens to have found a stray dog, what can you do about it anyways.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as they can afford to feed them, I don't see why not.
    Besides, if things get desperate they can always eat the dog

0|0
    0|0
  • Most homeless people's dogs are also homeless. By taking care of the dog, a homeless person saves their life by preventing them from being euthanized.

0|0
    0|0
  • Homeless people keep dogs for the sole purpose of getting more handouts. That is the honest truth and if you don't believe it then you've never actually seen a homeless person with a dog.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a dog owner, I don't understand how you can keep a gif, if you can't keep yourself. To me they're just a gimmick to get more begged coins.

0|0
    0|1
  • Well there are a lot of strays so why not the dog's life can't be any worse if a homeless person is caring for it

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if i was homeless i wouldn't want pets to be homeless with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No how are they supposed to care for them, the dogs will starve.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes to love each other and to keep each other warm and they should get a home as well

0|0
    0|0
  • How they can provide a good life for a dog, if they can't do it even for themselfes.

0|0
    0|0
  • if it was up to me. know one would have a dog i'd ban them all.

0|0
    0|2
  • Not unless they are going to eat them.

0|0
    0|1
  • Actually they will probably eat the dog

0|0
    1|1
  • As long as they don't share crack with it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont see why not

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, why the fuck not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Dogs are faithful companions.

0|0
    1|0
  • Awww, someone took the bait. That's funny!

0|0
    0|0
    • I can read you like a book, friend! I know how to push all your buttons. Every attempt you make to annoy me is just evidence that I bruised your fragile ego hahaha

Recommended myTakes