Does the MGTOW movement affect you in any way, good or bad? How?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Nope. In fact, I didn't even know about this before I joined G@G. To me it seems like this is just some internet thing.

To be honest, I don't believe those guys who say they're never going to date a woman again. I think they're immature, self-important and bitter 19-year olds who think they've all figured it out. They cry about women making generalizations about them, yet they love to say stuff like "all women are useless". 98% of these guys will be awkward weirdos for a few years and eventually grow up, find a nice girlfriend and settle down with her.

And if you're really planning to be some pathetic loner who lives on his own his entire life and only has contact with the female gender through meaningless sex... be my guest. I think it's idiotic.

1|1
    0|1
  • Men should completely abandon traditional masculine roles and take back their power lost to women via the feminist movement. The MGTOW mindset improved my life because it aided me in psychologically deconstructing gynocentrism, courtly love and male disposability. This deconstruction in turn helped me to better live a life free of the many negative consequences of intimate, committed relationships. In fact, I'm darn lucky to have escaped the worst consequences that four separate intimate partners planned against me over my sexual history. I no longer have any desire to couple up and through the MGTOW mindset became astonishingly independent - even to me.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• So far, I've only ever met these people online, and I always wonder, if they're going their own way, why aren't they gone yet?

No effect in my daily life.

I have plenty of people to date, and wonderful men who are my friends and value me in their lives.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• MGTOW has its good people but just like feminism, the fringe minority makes the loudest noise like those who says women should stay as housewives again as it is causing the unemployment crisis 馃檮

1|0
    0|0
    • I saw a video of a man saying that women going after careers is a bad thing because they are doing it better, therefore putting guys out of the work they deserve.

Corniest bullshit I鈥檝e ever heard馃槀

• Oh my god xD

• Fuck that movement.. I want a woman! Not because I need her, but because women (once you past all the bullshit, and vise Versa with women dealing with me) its really quite fun to have the right woman around. Great partner, can have tons of fun and good experiences... oh, and sex with a woman is about 150million times better than using a hand or a toy... sooooooooo they on some bullshit!

1|1
    0|1
  • I like to claim that I identify as part of the MGTOW community.
    There frankly isn't much else that triggers autistic meltdowns in both men and women quite as promptly and as intensively as doing so is.

The extent of how some people's security feels threatened by other people's decisions in life is comical.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, yes... and no. I went my own way long before MGTOW was a thing, or at least before it had any momentum. But that's kind of a desert of thoughts and feelings, sometimes. So the growing popularity of MGTOW has given me fellowship and support where I previously had none. It's mostly good based on my reading and experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

MGTOW's make me laugh because they are like kindergartners who ate paste and discovered it doesn't taste so good. So, instead of learning not to eat paste, they whine that the paste makers aren't making it tasty for them so they can continue to eat paste.

0|0
    0|3
    • Clearly you don't understand MGTOW at all.

• Show All
    • @Kur伪确 Actually, I do because I came ___this___ close to being one.

The key difference for me not becoming a MGTOW was that I did not blame women for what was going on in my life. And because I did not have that hostility, when romance accidentally fell into my lap just before I turned 37, I was able to have a successful relationship with the woman who is now my wife.

In a sense, I did choose to GMyOW. I realized I lived on a planet of idiots, so, to protect my children, I chose not to have them. I am not happy to report that, every day, I am more convinced that I made the right decision because the predictions that I have been making for 38 years are all coming true.

(more)

• So, as you see, I have GMyOW and do have empathy with the concept of what MGTOWs are doing.

Anyway, back to MGTOWism, it's very simple.
      If you want to GYourOW, fine. That benefits our species in three ways:
      1. You are removing your defective genes from our gene pool. It's like MGTOWs are winning Darwin Awards but in a boring way.
      2. You help women by removing yourselves from the dating pool. They don't have to waste there time dating and then later rejecting you.
      3. You leave more women for the rest of us males who are not hostile to women and can get along with them.

What I find ridiculous about MGTOWism is that it just illustrates a certain level of immaturity.

• I think it's great! More women without partners for me to choose from :P

1|3
    0|0
    • I like your thinking and your FMA profile, this is why I also love gay men as they like two birds with one stone.

• @100lbguy Yeah, but lesbians cancel out gays, so that leaves us with pretty much the same amount of women as before lmao

• well let's say I'm not fully against gay to straight therapy ;) Jk

• Never heard of it.

Looked it up.

Wasn't impressed.

1|0
    0|1
  • Good. It has a positive philosophy for the most part. It's a kind of "make the best of a bad situation" thing.

There's also an amusing irony when women who employ a similar strategy object to it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. MGTOW people have always existed. It is just now they have put a label on it.

1|1
    0|1
    • But it's good they did, I think. Do you agree?

• Show All
    • The ignorant will always tarnish things they don't understand, regardless how fine those things are. Even men going their own way need fellowship. We are social animals after all. I've found myself wondering how many suicides could have been prevented if men had always had support groups like this.

• @Chaz269 Yes, I totally agree.

• Hasn't effected me at all.

Does it even effect people?
    I thought it was just a bunch of guys who say things that don't do them.
    If so can you give examples

0|0
    0|1
  • It's not a "movement", its a social fad. For me, it's irrelevant.

1|0
    0|0
  • I go my own way and don't let things like that affect me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every time I express concern about the way I am treated by a woman, I get accused of being an incel... Other than that, I can't say that it affects me at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • The question is about MGTOW though, not incels. They're not the same; almost opposites actually.

• Huh... Yeah, I guess they ARE... No one online seems to know that though.

• It doesn't affect me in any way that I can think off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Since actual MGTOW simply pushes the concept that men are not providers or protectors for the "strong and independent" women we are constantly told about... I would say it is a good thing for everyone.
    Men shouldn't be responsible for women who claim to not need them, and women should expect men to be subservient to them if they want to claim they are "strong and independent".

Shaming tactic nonsense notice:
    * Reddit trolls are not actual MGTOW
    * I am married and my wife is beautiful
    * I am not angry or bitter
    * I myself am not MGTOW, I simply understand and agree with their principles.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not directly, no. They haven't had any effect on my lifr

0|0
    0|0
  • i only here about it when i'm on here.

they aren't radical which is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only ever seen it on this site..

2|0
    0|0
  • Not relevant.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the movement is a hate movement.

0|0
    0|2
    • Well then you should educate yourself because it's definitely not that. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite of a hate movement.

• @Chaz269 I have educated myself on it and I whole-hardheartedly disagree.

• Obviously you haven't. If you disagree, then you're just plain wrong.
      I defy you to produce evidence that MGTOW is based on tenets of hate or even intolerance. If you've done any research at all, it was the worst imaginable kind of research. But please, share some links. Let's see some proof.

• Whatever

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't care less.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're bores, that's all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope it doesn鈥檛

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. They free to do whatever they want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just like feminism I mostly ignore it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that I know of.

0|0
    0|0
  • No lol.

0|0
    0|1
  • Does not affect me

0|0
    0|0
  • Indifferent

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• well, not really because I am married and living my life on my own. I would think it would only affect me if I was trying to date someone who was MGTOW and they didn't give me the light of day because they want to go their own way or what not.

1|0
    0|0
  • It removes the culls from the good guys, so I think that's a pretty positive thing

0|2
    0|3
  • You鈥檝e wanna go you鈥檙e own way, get going.
    Don鈥檛 let the door knob hit ya.

1|0
    0|2
  • I don't know what that is so no it doesn't effect me

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't affect me in anyway. If they want to go their own way then good for them. I just think find the Incel community hilarious

0|0
    0|1
  • Aside from the traumatized men in the movement that have turned into misogynists, I'd say it's goo. I like seeing men breaking free from how the world expects them to be, how women expect them to be. Especially now in this day in age where men are so demonized by society it's refreshing to see some men break free from the bullshit and realize who they are and that they deserved better. Some of the ones I've talked to have been so broken by this world and to see them want to start living for themselves is powerful, and some completely dedicate themselves to God which I think is wonderful since I'm a spiritual being myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mgtow mean?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes