I can't figure out if he's leading me on or really into me?

I met a guy in June and we were very friendly and flirty. When I broke up with my ex in October, we started hooking up. It quickly went from just hooking up, to hanging out and talking on the phone all the time. He always picks me up when we go out to bars on the weekends, stays the night if possible, and doesn't leave until the next evening. He's also been coming over during the week just to hang out.

My issue is he won't tell me basic facts about himself. He's made finding out his last name and age a game, but I don't want to play this game. I know that he's probably quite a bit older than me, but that doesn't bother me (I'm 22 and guessing he's in his late to mid 30s).

There's definitely something between us, and he's said so himself, but I feel like he shouldn't hesitate to tell me stuff like this. He's said he's never felt so strongly about someone in such a short time, yet he holds back basic info. He's been hurt in the past and is afraid I'll hurt him too since I "have his heart".

Another odd thing that happens is he encourages me to pick up other men. He says that he doesn't care if I sleep with someone else, because he knows I'll come back to him in the end.

Last night a guy asked him if we were together and he said "no", so the guy proceeded to hit on me. I danced and made out with the guy, but said no when he asked me to come home with him. The guy who tried to pick me up was a great "catch"; educated, sweet, funny, cute, had a great job, and we had a lot in common. I really like the guy I've been seeing, but got this new guy's number anyway in case he's in town again sometime (he lives a state over). The guy I'm seeing said he would've been fine if I went home with the guy.

I've told him I wouldn't like it if he hooked up with someone else, and he said he wouldn't do that because guys are jerks if they do that, but it's okay if a woman does.

I'm completely confused with what's going on. Does the guys really like me like he says? He seems sincere when he talks about "us", but then when he acts like this, I'm left wondering whether he really wants to be with me.

Am I being dumb by staying with him?
1
1