Why are some people afraid of guns?

To me, it's simply a tool that can serve many different purposes, hunting, personal protection, target shooting, or just as a collector's item. I am quite fond of guns and enjoy shooting them. I am able to disconnect bad events from guns themselves, my hatred is directed at the people who used them for homicidal purposes, I have NOTHING against the guns themselves, in fact, when wielding them, I don't even think about that. Why are some people unable to do the same?Why are some people afraid of guns?

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• Are they afraid of guns, or afraid of the people who could hurt others with them? I'm complete pro-gun, and either way, I think it has to do with them being misinformed about guns and the laws regarding them, as well as the process of owning a gun legally; I've run into people who seem to think you can just walk into a local supermarket and buy a gun, no questions asked, which isn't the case. Simply, lack of knowledge leads to fear.

3|3
    0|0
    • 4d

I agree with that statement ✊🏿

• Show All
  • because they don't understand guns and probably think they can grow legs and go shoot somebody and so because of that they become afraid and then bam you have somebody who doesn't understand guns and is now afraid of them so they don't like em
    a gun can't pull its own trigger

0|5
    0|0
    • 4d

Yet gun accidents still happen thousands of times a year.

• Show All
    • 3d

@catmandoes
      "22-29% are gun owners"
      But about 40% of households have guns.

• 3d

Not all wives and children have guns

• It's not far-fetched to see why people are afraid of guns. I mean, all those uses you mentioned are true, but it does that because its purpose is to kill, or at the very least cause serious injury. Many people are afraid of death, so it makes sense they'd be afraid of one of the tools who's sole purpose was for death.

3|3
    0|0
  • There is a lot of misinformation about them, how they actually work and ghost stories propagated my the media. This leads to a lot of ignorance which leads to fear. I own two myself at the moment.

1|4
    0|0
  • Because of how easy it is to accidentally fire one, for a child to get hold of one or even for a mentally challenged person to get one and commit murder... guns make killing en mass far too easily and it’s jnpossible to keep track of every single one of them

0|1
    0|1
    • 4d

Let me guess: You have never fired a gun? True or false?

"how easy it is to accidentally fire one,"
      I have shot tens of thousands of rounds over my life since I was 6 years old. Only once did a round go off when I did not intend it to. I was using an M1A.308 (sort of the civilian version of the M14) at a target 1,000 yards away (over half a mile), trying to get my crosshairs on the aim point (sounds easy, but just you try it). This is a delicate thing to do as even breathing will miss the aim point. This gun has a very light trigger (and also a safety, which was off since I was ready to fire) and I needed to squeeze it at exactly the right point as my impossibly still position passed the crosshairs at the aim point. But it went off when I wasn't on point. I missed the target.

But since all safety rules were in effect, this did no harm.

It isn't easy for a gun to accidentally fire. Modern guns can even be dropped and they won't fire. Unless one intends to holster, safeties are good.

• Show All
    • 2d

@WalterRadio within recent years at least two deaths in my country have been attributed to kids playing with guns and the guns accidentally going off.

• 2d

@Dchrls78104
      The guns were not the fault. They didn't go off except when someone pulled the trigger.

So you had 2 children die in your country from firearm accidents. In my country we had 350 children under 5 die accidentally in backyard swimming pools.

• Because they scare me. The idea that just one device can end my life in a split second is terrifying.

In America, it seems too easy to get a gun, and seems like there is no formal training. So you have people, who have not properly learned how to use a gun, with a gun. And then they cause accidents.

Also, guns are designed to kill, animal or human. Why would anyone want something that can kill? Why kill?

Here in Ireland, we have strict gun laws, and as such, we barely have shootings. I went to America, and someone was shot around the corner from my hotel after I was there for two days. I'm not used to guns, and that sort of event is really f**king scary. I want to live, not worry that person walking past me have a lethal weapon.

0|5
    0|1
    • 4d

You just confirmed everything I just said

• Show All
    • 1d

@WalterRadio No, every policemen except small municipal police are armed. Municipal police only deal with incivilities, tickets and other small inconveniences. National Police and Gendarmerie deal with bigger inconveniences and with actual threats, they are equipped accordingly.

• 22h

Let's not forget that you can poison an arrow easily and there are shotgun and explosive cartridges for arrows as well.

• I completely agree with you (although I don't shoot). Where I come from everyone has guns especially men. If you don't have some sort of weapon my family will consider you less manly.

0|5
    3|2
    • 4d

Plus if someone is crazy enough to kill you they will find a way even if you take all the weapons away.

• I don't know maybe because it's a weapon that's killed a lot of people just a thought...

3|1
    0|2
    • 4d

It's possible to kill someone with one single punch though (without counting the knockout points that could lead to death)

• Show All
    • 3d

@SpunkNugget You don't need to be especially fit, you just need to know how to throw a punch and where to throw it, which is not that hard. True, a gun might be efficient at hurting quickly, but there are plenty of other items that can : bows, crossbows, axes, wrenches, swords, chainsaws, knives, screwdrivers... You might tell me that these require some sort of training to be effective, but so do guns. To shoot quickly and accurately, you need training and practice. A random person picking up a gun might not even know how to operate it properly.

• 3d

Knives, bats, and fists used as weapons have killed multiple times as many people in comparison, and it doesn't seem like you fear them as much.

• Guns are scary because although it is bad people who make guns dangerous, it's hard to tell the difference between a good person and a bad person when both are weilding one.

0|0
    0|4
  • Well, you can kill someone by only pressing one button...😂🤔

1|1
    0|1
  • I belueve many people are afraid of the damage a gun can cause when not used properly and in accordance with the law.

1|1
    0|0
  • Cause I was to much investigation discovery people are killed with there own guns. Plus it’s like the Wild West.

0|0
    0|3
  • I wasn’t raised around them. My only representation of them has been the wrong person getting shot.

2|2
    0|0
  • For me it's due to the comparisons of shootings over the UK and what I hear from the US obviously there's still deaths over knives and drugs and alcoholism. But what scares me is that it happens enough that there's an actual protocol in schools with an alarm for shootings.

It scares me about the same amount you hear about the volcano in Haiti or earthquake in Japan or tsunamis in the Indian Ocean, even hearing about the shock proof buildings in Italy. Or even poisonous spiders in Australia, I'm not afraid of them here but knowing I have to tip out my shoes before putting my feet in them is a scare of how easily you can die

1|1
    0|0
    • 3d

Exactly they see that and then say so your not taking my guns and oo it doesn’t happen as much as you think lol

• Show All
    • 3d

I heard a story of bullies pushing a girl off a bridge and she couldn't swim at which point one of them jumped in after her, (that was too late). It's horrible but the intention wasn't to kill, yet despite these laws that the questioner mentioned they still got a gun (after being bullied) and not only killed more than one but also terrified 100s if not a 1000 others.

All I know is I've never seen a real gun before, other then the shells in a museum of muskets and a bayonet. I know that some pistols and rifles were used in the army/sea/air cadets I wouldn't know if they still are. I know guns are locked up in police stations and army bases, I know that bows are a sport and that hunting doesn't happen.

• 2d

Exactly I fully agree with you , they say that guns aren’t the problem yet here in Canada we switched our gun laws and haven’t had a school shooting or a mass shooting at all since 1994 and they still think it’s not the gun

• I'm afraid because I'm not used to it. I hate the sign of them and would never touch them.

0|0
    0|3
    • 4d

I suggest you go to a shooting range and learn how to use a gun. Everyone there will be extremely friendly and welcoming towards you. They will stress safety until you are annoyed at it. But you will learn and then you will come to realize it is just a tool. Like all tools, you handle it responsibly.

• I'm never around guns... that's why.

0|0
    0|0
  • "my hatred is directed at the people who used them for homicidal purposes"

You dont know who has a gun. The guy walking around the store with an open carry is a stranger. You dont know him or what he's capable of. Guns are weapons designed to kill. A responsible gun owner knows this and keeps it in the back of their mind at all times while handling them. Thinking of them as collectable little toys is extremely dangerous.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

The guy walking around open carry isn't a threat (that is why most states have allowed open carry of long guns forever). The guy with a concealed carry permit and a gun isn't a threat.

The guy who is a threat is the criminal who is prohibited from having one in the first place and who is hiding his gun.

• Show All
    • 3d

Your not knowing and "anyone" are two different things.

• 3d

@WalterRadio how? Most people are strangers how the fuck do you expect someone to just automatically know if they're "good" or "bad"? Which is completely flawed logic anyway. People who have clean records commit crimes all the time haven't you ever watched any crime shows? Father of 3, outstanding citizen, caring husband with no previous record slaughters his whole family and sets the house on fire. there's countless examples of "good law abiding citizens" suddenly doing awful things. You can't just deem people as good and bad and call it a day. That's just blatant willful ignorance which is extremely dangerous when weapons are thrown in the mix.

• Because I don't like hearing about people dying every other day on the news. In the U. S this is a very touchy subject 🙄. I'm afraid of walking on campus, at the movies, at a club, etc, and suddenly hearing gunshots because some lunatic wanted to make a statement. I know there are a lot of responsible gun owners out there, and i'm not anti-guns, per se, but at least in the U. S, we need stricter gun laws. Little elementary school children have literally been killed (Sandy Hook) and they didn't even do anything then. There's been way too many mass shootings. A lot of politicans don't want to do anything about it cause they want to keep the NRA happy (bc they put loads of cash in their pockets, go figure). I don't think guns should be banned, but they at least need to make it infinitely harder for people to get them (especially assault rifles-literally used in all the deadliest mass shootings thus far). And it isn't about mere misinformation, it's not hard to look up. How many mass shootings have there been in the U. S these past couple years alone? You can't just look away when so many people are dying at the hands of cowards who end up putting bullets in their own brains once they're caught. I know "it's the person, not the gun," but if that's the case then just make it fucking harder for mentally unstable people to get guns.

0|0
    0|5
    • 4d

no assault rifle has been used in a shooting. Assault rifles have been banned under federal law since the 80's. It is illegal to purchase and possess assault rifles unless they have been acquired before 1986 (I believe).

• Show All
    • 4d

There is a law against murder.
      There are laws that prohibit felons, the mentally ill, and drug users from possessing guns.
      There are laws that require anyone buying a gun from a dealer or from across state lines to have a federal background check.
      There is a law that prohibits anyone from buying a gun in another's behalf.
      There are laws that prohibit guns to be brought into gun-free zones, like most schools.
      There are laws in some states (Illinois, where the murder capital of the US is: Chicago) that prohibit anyone from possessing a gun or ammunition without a license.

Here is a serious question and I would like you to give me an answer that will absolutely work. If you do have such an answer, I will agree with you and advocate for your solution. Since murderers are already violating many laws, why will they obey "more laws" that you propose?

• 4d

"assault rifles-literally used in all the deadliest mass shootings thus far"
      You are incorrect. No legally owned assault rifle has been used in a crime in over 60 years, and the man who owned it and committed the crime was a police officer. It was not a mass shooting.

"How many mass shootings"
      Do you know what is common among nearly all random (not terrorist, gang, or domestic dispute related) killers are since Columbine? They have nearly ALL been on psychiatric drugs. You pick the random killing and chances are drugs were involved: Columbine, Virginia Tech, Northern Illinois, Ft. Hood, Las Vegas, Isla Vista, Sandy Hook, Navy Yard, UCC, and many more. Not all, but an extraordinary number of these killers had Aspergers form of autism.

• Because guns SHOOT 😂

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

No, a gun is just a piece of history without a shooter.

• Show All
    • 4d

Yes, I do. by the way, most murders are done with edged weapons, not guns.

• 4d

"most murders are done with edged weapons, not guns"
      That would depend upon where you live. In the UK, that is true. There are more people murdered in London with knives than in NYC with guns.

• Hunting=bad
    Personal protection=could har something else instead of killing the person
    An item=NO no no

0|1
    0|9
    • 4d

Kinda funny how the only people who are anti gun are people who don't know anything about guns, lol.

• Show All
    • 4d

Which argument is that? You've changed topics several times.

• 4d

@Sixgun77 all of them

• Straight up they think they're going to get shoot.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

By who? Me? HA! Do I look like a killer to you?

• Show All
    • 3d

@catmandoes
      You know what, I misread the CDC data. There are not 36,000 people injured by accidental shootings year. That is the total number of people that are injured by gunshot per year. It includes assaults. We can assume that accidental injuries are a small fraction of that.

• 3d

61,000 people are injured by guns around 36,000 are deaths.

What Guys Said 67

• because guns can and have caused severe harm

2|1
    0|1
  • People jerk themself to sleep dreaming they could be the hero carrying the gun. Kill someone without due process who has done wrong by there personal standard. They cream there underwear for that single day. Pick a fight at every opportunity with people they hate racially just to be shoved to the ground to kill them in front of there child at a gas station for a parking dispute. It's just too good to pass up. That cops won't arrest you because you stood your ground.

The nerdy kid at an anime convention getting gunned down with an umbrella that looked like a sword sheath in a place where open rifle carrying was legal. The guy who was shot after being stopped for speeding disclose there firearm. The bystander good guy with a gun being shot during black Friday.

Right now our freedom to carry arms is killing us all and even more so to minority's. Our instinct to put our hands in our pockets in our awkward reactions stance is a danger to our life at a small ticket.

Only in 2008 the supreme court stated the second amendment being gun ownership as an universal right. We thus far have yet proven that true how we treat minority with that law from the highest court in the land.

0|1
    0|1
    • 4d

I think you meant to write this in my other question...

• Show All
    • 4d

Exactly, you're out of logical arguments, so you resort to personal attacks. Very mature

• 4d

"our freedom to carry arms is killing us all and even more so to minority'"
      Per actual data on convictions, concealed carry permit holders are 7 times more law abiding than police officers.

It isn't those of us who exercise our right to defend ourselves, it is criminals who violate other people's rights that cause nearly all of the deaths and mayhem.

Every once in a while, we get lucky and end a criminal's career.

• It's a matter of fear and lethality
    Let's take it from the top
    Would you be afraid of a civilian having...
    - an atom bomb?
    - a rocket launcher?
    - an anti-air gun?
    - a grenade? (a homemade pipe bomb?)
    - a 50cal machine gun?
    - an automatic shotgun?
    - a sniper rifle?
    - a sawn-off shotgun?
    - a high-caliber pistol?
    - an "ordinary" rifle?
    - a shotgun?
    - a pistol?
    - a flare gun?
    - a pellet gun?
    - an airsoft gun?
    - a nerf gun?
    - a pop gun?
    I tried to put them in some semblance of order, I'm guessing some people's ordering will be different (I put pistols lower because of effective range and accuracy, however, they are more easily concealed).
    However, at the end of the day what is the purpose of the tool? And are you comfortable with other people having them?
    Hopefully it is apparent that there is a range of lethality there. Some people are okay with more, others less. I know some people who would love to have a gun emplacement at their home, others I know won't let their kids play with nerf guns.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people with guns. I'm not afraid of guns. I'm afraid of people with guns.

0|4
    0|0
    • 4d

My question is why are some people unable to see it that way?

• 4d

They do see it that way. They are “afraid of people with guns”. So they’d rather people not have guns.

• It's probably because many have never used it before, so it is a mystical devil's instrument to them. Meanwhile, people generally have no problem with knives, vehicles, stairs, live power-chords, hammers, sharp pencils, stones, etc… who has an issue with them?

If the masses trained in studied martial arts and/or gunnery, they would be desensitized and would know that weapons are just tools, that we're almost ALWAYS armed (unless bound, gagged, and secured to a surface) enough to kill an unsuspecting person within range, and it's not the weapon's presence that's to be feared (since they're EVERYWHERE if you only wanted to weaponize whatever is already present), but the INTENT. (IF there is NO INTENT TO KILL, there is NOTHING WEAPONIZED, even the gun in sight. IF THERE IS, ANYTHING/EVERYTHING in sight IS A WEAPON of opportunity.) Few have been in a gun-range to see for a fact that merely having a gun does not mean the gunner wants to kill everyone in sight.

Also, people are generally have never taken gun-safety training, so they seem to be ignorant of responsible gun-owners' behavior, so they have no idea what to expect from them (if anything, other than shooting everyone in sight, as singularly portrayed in the media). If people were taught this, they would could read the gun-owner better and gauge from behavior if the gun-owner in sight is responsible or not, rather than just panicking and assuming the worst without even bothering to read the person.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

That said, ALL weapons (and potential weapons, like guns, knives, vehicles, etc.) merit a proper level of fear and respect. Losing control while handling any of them can be deadly.

But immediate, uncontrolled panic panic at the mere sight (minus actually bothering to read the person and assess the situation as a whole)… that is unmerited.

• I'm not I have a 38 service revolver that I keep in my bedroom.

0|4
    0|0
    • 4d

Nice choice

• Show All
    • 4d

In that case, a revolver may be a better choice.

I recommend one with a longer barrel. An inch or two make a big difference.

• 4d

@WalterRadio
      My 38 revolver isn't a snub nose.

• I mean, I’m not afraid of them per se, like I don’t live my life in fear of violence. I’ve been part of more than my share of violence but I handle that with my own two fists or go down trying. I don’t really respect guns as a means of protection, I respect people who can fistfight. I thinks it’s kind of soft to need a weapon to avoid an asskicking. Asskickings are the natural way we’re supposed to keep people honest, weapons are cheating, whether you’re on the offensive or the defensive, in my mind. I think it’s ultimately a bad thing that they were invented, we shouldn’t have made machines that make it easier to kill beings, particularly other humans, and the I think it’s unnaturally altered the food chain nature intended. That said, guns exist, they always will, and people are going to have them. I’m not going to get one because I’m afraid the next guy might have one. I don’t have any ill will towards gun owners, just a lot of questions of “why?” and “what are you so afraid of?” If you enjoy target shooting, knock yourself out. If you get accosted, knock the aggressor out, with your hands. You may be injured or killed trying, but that’s life, that’s survival of the fittest right there. I don’t love the idea of hunting with guns, I’d respect it more if you chased down an animal and killed it with your hands, feet, and teeth like we’re naturally designed to do. Rudimentary weapons like spears are fair I guess. But there’s nothing to be proud of by hiding in a bush until an unsuspecting animal comes along and you gun it down, if you did that to a human (just another animal species!) you’d be labeled a murderer. It’s different because it’s a deer? Uhhhhh, ok... And don’t give me the tracking aspect and masking your scent... that’s well and fine, just don’t cheat once it’s kill time. I respect the food chain, if you like venison and don’t just want a “trophy”, go hunting, but not with a gun to help. Nature didn’t intend for that. I’m anti-gun as a concept and an invention, but that bell can’t be unrung, and making them restricted or illegal won’t make them go away. Honestly, I can’t believe people register them with the fucking government in the first place, why would you allow yourself to be tracked down? If I have a gun, it would be to shoot people I wanted dead for whatever reason, and there’s no way I’m doing a government I don’t even want watching me the favor of making it traceable to me. Yikes, lmao.

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally wish to ban all guns, the reason being that all available research suggests that they are not an effective self-defense mechanism and create a substantial safety risk to the household even when stored properly

0|1
    0|3
  • Because you can die from someone with a gun. Having a healthy fear of guns is good, Like is someone hand you a gun always assume it’s loaded until you personally check.

Guns can be fun and they can be dangerous the best plan of action is to be responsible with the gun, make sure it’s unloaded until, you want it loaded and never point and anything you don’t mind killing. For me it’s cans and paper targets.

1|2
    0|0
  • It's an emotional issue. When emotions run high there isn't any logic that will console it - it's just feelings.

I think the funniest demonstration is to set one on a table or counter and see if it shoots anybody.

If somebody kills somebody else with a car you don't outlaw cars. [shrug]

You'll never convince the anti's - they don't accept facts. And they don't understand what 2A says or what it means.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they are too butthurt and expects bandits to feel sorry for what they're doing and just not hurt anyone.
    But when they really face a bandit with a gun. He wouldn't really care about the "gun free zone poster on their house

0|4
    0|1
  • I think most people are not used to be raised around guns. Guns are naturally associated with killing beings, usually in a negative context. So it makes sense that people who are not used to guns can be sceptical of guns, and it is quite understandable that they would be scared.

It's not really that rational, but not everything is rational. Everyone's rationality is bounded.

0|1
    0|0
  • They're potentially dangerous, as they have such power. Some people simply associate guns with violence and death, but it's not really the gun that's the problem, it's whoever is holding the gun. Some jerks treat a gun like it's a toy, or think that having one makes them feel more like a 'man', or something like that.

Personally, I've never owned a gun, as my parents never got near one. I'm not afraid of guns, but I just never developed much interest in them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its common rhetoric to repeat that "people kill people, not guns" but consider how easy it is to kill with a gun, almost no experience, strength, or skill is needed whatsoever. Anyone who has experience with the sword, with blades, even with bow and arrow can attest that these tools require discipline and training to utilize and that to take life with them is not so simple as squeezing a trigger in a moment of rage or negative energy. Guns perpetuate domestic violence like no other object can, and I hope one day we have sense enough to rid ourselves from their destructive nature.

2|0
    0|3
    • 4d

You've obviously never fired a gun because if you did, you'd know how hard it is to be effective with them. Stick to things you're not hilariously clueless with

• 3d

Less than 10ft with any shotgun/handgun is pretty much a guarantee, regardless of skill, and I've fired a weapon before it's really not very difficult, this is not the army, you're not training for precision in a combat situation.

• 3d

If you don't, you'll lose instantly to the person that did train. Especially if you're under stress and you didn't train, you're missing that shot, and the attacker will cause harm to you.

• Some people seem to believe that guns have free will and can float to anyplace they want to shoot up.

0|3
    0|0
  • Because with the flick of a finger, it can kill someone. Not to account for all the irresponsible dumbass's who are gun-owners. I fully support the 2nd amendment and carry myself, but this is a stupid question.

1|0
    0|2
  • If your entire knowledge of firearms came from movies and the media, it makes sense.
    It’s the attitude so many people have towards them that scares the shit out of me. I grew up around guns, own many and actively fight to preserve that. But when I’m not using them they are unloaded and locked up where they belong.
    This whole shoot first, ask questions later held by so many of the wannabe cowboys out there that causes so many problems down there

0|1
    0|0
  • Many of those people figure that the best way to keep people from getting shot is to get rid of the things that you shoot people with. That logic is sort of limiting though, because if you try to apply it to other things, it doesn't really make sense. For example, if you kept losing things in baskets around your house, your solution wouldn't be to get rid of the baskets, it would be to organize them.

0|1
    0|1
  • Clearly you have never seen someone drop a dear a 1800 yards anything that can do that needs to be treated with respect and a certain degree of fear

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

Respect and care, absolutely. Fear? No, it's an object. It doesn't have a mind of its own

• People are afraid of them because they have a huge potential for misuse and abuse and people do get killed and seriously injured by them. So naturally there are some people who are afraid of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's like saying why are people scared of explosives...

1|1
    0|0
    • 4d

It's an object, people are afraid of a damn object, which is stupid.

• Show All
    • 3d

Like I said, live in fantasy land as long as you'd like.

• 3d

If you say so I'm guessing you are a far right Republican because you can't actually come up with a reasonable argument

• I have nothing against guns.
    I just think that people who want to own guns are all mentally unstable.

0|1
    0|3
  • People that think that guns makes them safer can not understand the big picture. I would say that are in relation with lowers IQ and education. Obviously guns are not danger per se, even an atomic bomb is not danger per se but i dont see any American say: russians having atomic bombs is ok because AB ate not danger. Guns just create more danger to everyone, including the owners. People can't dissassuate the gun the problems that they create, problems caused by acident or by purpose.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Atomic bombs are a danger, per se, because they give off radiation and can leak.

They are a pain in the butt to maintain.

• Because, guns have one use. To cause harm.
    Knives are tools too, but they have plenty of uses. Guns have one.
    If you’re not at least a little afraid of guns then you’re just simply stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gee... I wonder why? It's not like you can't do anything if someone puts a bullet in between your eyes. You can probably just ask the gun to not fire and you'll be fine. Especially if you don't know or trust the person wielding it.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the same reasons people are afraid of chain saws and other tools than can easily kill or maim people if misused. They are personally unfamiliar with them OR are very familiar with the damage they can cause.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just don't want to get shot by a fat nut-job American.

0|1
    0|1
  • The person behind the gun is what people fear. As we can't read minds and intents. People fear what they don't know.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don’t feel safe when guns are around. Regardless of who’s carrying the firearm. ‘Gun experts’ shoot themselves all the time. There are plenty of YouTube videos of that. People losing their lives because they mishandled the weapon. Their kid gets a hold of the weapon from curiosity.
    I bet guns create more unintended harm than intended harm. The US has the most guns and the most gun violence in the world. How is that possible when guns are supposed to protect us?

Yes I’ve fired multiple guns many times in firing range. I’ve grown up shooting them.

I hope the government inflicts better gun control by installing trigger lock systems that won’t allow gun users to fire their weapons unless they are in proximity of a gun range.

0|0
    0|2
    • 3d

Bullshit gun “experts” shoot themselves by accident

“Accidents” don’t happen, people get shot because they did something stupid

• Because guns obviously facilitate harm and induce fear by proxy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes