Will Your Country Reject The UN Migration Pact?

4d
refugeesmigrants.un.org/.../...t_for_migration.pdf
The full text if anyone wants to read it.

322

What Girls Said 3

• Unfortunately it will not. We already have the largest number of migrants/refugees in the entire world and they have exceeded 1/3 of our population. So even If we reject the pact we are already f*cked.

I am warning people from Europe about refugee threat but most of them don't listen to me anyway.

• Under Trump no. Its more globalist bullshit.
    The UN is bullshit anyway, it's human rights council is made up of the worst human rights abusers in the world who use it as a device to gang up on Israel.
    https://youtu.be/FFFA-2psLvEhttps://youtu.be/NX-atfFWeq8https://youtu.be/35eEljsSQfc

• Ungortunately not. I think pigs will actually grow wings and fly like birds before my country would reject something like that.

What Guys Said 22

• This is simply the same people who brought you the open borders train wrecks in Sweden and Gemany three years ago trying to push their extremism on the rest of the world, since they're not merely content to bully other EU states. Given that, it's not a surprise in the least that Merkel personally pushed for the amorphous climate change provision and they want to criminalize criticism.

• 4d

Well yeah, that's why I was asking if your country was going to partake in it or reject it XD

• I think my country, the UK, will reject this. I get the impression that this will be thrown by the way side, in an attempt to show our independence, similar to Brexit.

• 4d

Mm. That's a novel response. I've heard a lot of people think the opposite.

• Hard to say
    My country is quite divided on these issues
    Currently the sitting government is mostly comprised of and supported by political parties who would be opposed to it but they don't have a strong enough majority to just outright do as they wish and not everyone of their support parties are against immigration

• 4d

I heard Denmark was struggling quite a bit due to mass migration. Does that sound accurate?

• 4d

That depends on how you define struggling I suppose
      There are certainly those who would claim so but there are those who would claim the opposite
      And honestly neither is fully wrong not fully right
      I wouldn't say we as a society are struggling Denmark is doing quite well overall compared to most nations but we do still have certain problems that relate to migrations but more in that they share some root causes than the migrations themselves being the cause
      But there is of course also some social problems stemming from trying to integrate groups of people with cultural backgrounds that are widely different that will always be the case but Denmark remains a predominantly white and at least theoretically Christian nation (in reality most people are quite secular minded) it is hard to give numbers as collecting statistics on race and religion is illegal estimates based origin countries of immigrants and their children generally puts it at about 10% of our population

• 4d

That being said Europe as a whole and Denmarknof course amongst them have some problems absorbing the migrations in recent years because of the destabilization of certain regions
      It is a big undertaking as it is a fairly long road for them to become fully functioning members of society there are language and cultural barriers and some of them carry lots of trauma and need a lot of help
      However I would say Denmark and Europe's issues in this regard is widely exaggerated in certain media sometimes even blatant falsehood

• (After reading the UN Migration Pact)

I would love to meet the Syrians who are migrating due to "climate change." That entire monstrosity is loaded with PC garbage intended to guilt people into agreeing with it. The rest is fluff using unnecessary verbage intended to be vague and confusing when the no-BS statement would be, "we want everyone to open their borders and accept the UN as the world government as we shove a bunch of crap you don't want, with strings attached to more crap you don't want for reasons that we refuse to acknowledge."

They have to be the single most inept global organization on the planet.

• 4d

Yeah, it's really baffling.

• 4d

by the way, German Chancellor Open Borders Merkel personally lobbied to gt the climate change nonsense added.

• *shrugs* Donno.. We dont even have a government currently. That said I dont think they should since its probably one of the most reasonable agreements made to this date.

• 4d

Y’all don’t have a government?

• 4d

What country is that?

• 4d

@bamesjond0069 Sweden. The election was inconclusive so they need to figure out how to form a majority government. Happens all the time since we have so many political parties.

• Hopefully if we get a new government but i domt see that happening for at least another month or two... So yes we will sign that shit... Ugh... Im moving away...

• 4d

Sweden? I thought y'all were quite in favor of it. Is the trend changing?

• 4d

It's fucking terrifying and maddening. I just read about Ireland's project 2040. It's so baffling that these people seem intent on their own destruction.

• 4d

Although the centre-right block is soon forced to work with the most anti immigration and anti eu party unless they want 2-3 million people to enever vote for them again and if they want the socialists for another 4 years although we might get a moderate budget lol

• Nope, in the debate they rejected all concerns and will sign anyway but with an additional statement of intent it shouldn't be legally binding in any way including softlaw.

I am not bummed about it since its an exact copy of what the EU is doing so not signing doesn't make a difference. Now we have on paper our leaders don't give a fuck and more people are aware and angry which hopefully results in the party i back rising in the polls.

The only way out of this for western Europe is to leave the tyranical empire that is the EU. And once your out and sovreign again you should be able to ditch this non binding document.

For non EU countries its important not to sign, but for us its a wake up call to what the EU is doing.

• 4d

It's always been non-legally binding, but the implications of accepting it are actually pretty dangerous. Namely accepting that migration is a natural human right. Baffling.

• 4d

But playing devils advocate migration should be a human right in terms of being allowed to leave a country. Refusing foreigners in your society should be a right to. One does not nessisarily rule out the other but unfortunately they are choosing to see it as a right to be let in.

• 4d

Agreed.

• Nope. But they will add an extra declaration paper thing saying it has absolutely zero legal implications here in the Netherlands

• 4d

It's already non-binding. It's just the UN trying to get its foot in the door.

• 4d

It's always been non-binding so far as I know as it says on page 2 "This Global Compact presents a non-legally binding cooperative framework". The main fear that I'm aware of is that despite their insistence that they want countries to remain sovereign they're treating migration as a natural right and in doing so attempting to remove the agency of a nation to choose who enters, ie "Human rights: The Global Compact is based on international human rights law and upholds the principles of non-regression and non-discrimination. By implementing the Global Compact, we ensure effective respect, protection and fulfilment of the human rights of all migrants, regardless of their migration status, across all stages of the migration cycle. We also reaffirm the commitment to eliminate all forms of discrimination, including racism, xenophobia and intolerance against migrants and their families." Under this section it could easily be determined that it's a violation of a human right to migrate--

• 4d

country of origin as the US had done with a list of Muslim majority countries.
      Other causes for possible concern are section 15 about providing services for migrants which many countries can't afford (migrants as opposed to immigrants).
      Section 17 where they talk about creating legislation that would curb speech that is deemed anti-migrant (and possibly new laws to regulate media outlets.)

Things of that nature. I was going to say more but really really have to poop.

• Don't know.
    Major decisions can't be predicted by minor citizen.

• 4d

Well that doesn't really seem accurate. I'm an individual citizen, but I can pretty safely predict that the US won't take part in it based on the statements of our president.

• 4d

@ladsin True. By a major plot twist Trump might change his mind. But if you add everything up, you can be pretty sure Trump won't sign it.

• 4d

@tartaarsaus right. That was my whole point though. Individual citizens can hazard a prediction at what their country will do.

• I think the UN speaks for everyone and not just the interests of the United States, Europe, and other countries people want to migrate to. In my opinion immigration should be handled domestically. They can’t even enforce measures on war crimes, I think before they start trying to get their hands into immigration they should become the kind of organization that can stop events like the genocide in Darfur from metastasizing in the first place.

I’m not a “fuck the UN” guy but its just true they don’t provide what they promise.

• I do hope not, and I can't see it, in the present climate.

• Id be stunned if they did.

Which parts do you think are material? I skimmed the objectives only. My suspicion is Canada already would say it's targeting all those things.

• My country will sign it... Canada is always down to help whoever needs help.

• 3d

Lol that’s easy to say when you’re country isn’t connected to anyone except the US which isn’t flooding your country 😂

• 3d

Who said anything about buying maple syrup? I just we're coming to get it.

All of it.

• 3d

Well have you heard of guard dogs? Here we have guard beavers. Beware!

• I think every country should reject it. In this case, fuck the UN.

• I hope so.
    I havn't found out anything about Finland's stand on the subject.

• Yes. Most likely

• 3d

I would hope so, we pulled out a while ago 😂

• probably not.

• summarize for us por favor

• 4d

I linked the full text but it’s basically just a resolution saying that they’re going to work towards making migration safer and better. Many people have a problem with this resolution based on what it actually says though. 1) It appears to treat migration as a natural right, and in doing so they are attempting to force nations to accept migrants that they do not want. 2) They’re saying that countries need to provide social services to all prospective migrants which many nations can not afford. 3) They appear to want to outlaw anti-migrant speech (ie “I don’t want more Muslims here because they’re committing an awfully large amount of crime” could be an illegal statement. 4) Although this resolution is non-binding it’s the thin wedge that starts to allow the UN to make policy regarding immigration that will have larger ramifications down the road.

• I sure hope so.

• idek, nor do i care lol

• I am sure that Trump will.

• Yes, and Trump will do it just to hurt the feel-feels of whiny, spoiled, American liberals.

Your tears are delicious.

MAGA.