Do you think Mexico will significantly improve as a country (in reducing poverty, corruption, crime, etc.), under AMLO as their new president?

Andrés Manuel López Obrador seems to be a man of his word so far and is actually trying very hard to make changes in Mexico for the better. Lately, he's cut around 40 % of his own presidential salary for them to go to help battle corruption and inequality in Mexico.
Do you think Mexico will significantly improve as a country (in reducing poverty, corruption, crime, etc.), under AMLO as their new president?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-politics/mexico-president-elect-hails-passage-of-public-sector-pay-cuts-idUSKCN1LU2KW
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Others
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 3

• I think so, yes. Fighting against corruption and organized crime will be extremely difficult because those two are intertwined in Mexico and so systemic. I have no doubts though that he will do a better job than his predecessors.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like your new President, can he accomplish his goals, that’s to be determined. Like President Trump who is trying to remove corruption and improve the life of the average citizen I expect he will not have much support. When a leader tries to remove crim and corruption there are a lot of influential people who will stop at nothing to keep their power. What you can do is pray for him and pray that the evil will be overturned. That’s what we do for our President. Good men always face opposition from those who love evil.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I mean. How can you stop all those

0|0
    0|0
    • Obviously, it's unrealistic to completely end corruption, inequality, and poverty but I do feel that AMLO may be able to at least reduce them if the people in Mexico give him a chance.

Recommended myTakes